Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do real men prefer to live in a disarmed society?

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously, I can't find any resource that points towards a registration procedure in the US.

All I get is some sort of explanation that explains why it's hard to get an accurate percentage of household that's armed.

Warning!

Do not subscribe to The SoSuave Newsletter unless you are already a chick magnet!

The information in each issue is too powerful for most guys to handle. If you are an ordinary guy, it is not for you. It is meant for the elite few – not the unwashed masses.

If you think you can handle it...

If you already have girls calling you at all hours of the day and night, showing up at your door, throwing themselves at you everywhere you go...

Then sign up below.

But if you're just an average Joe, an ordinary guy, no one special – and wish to continue being so – then skip this. It's too much power for you.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So it's only federal registered shops.

How abt those states that doesn’t require any form of registration?
Local registration is a completely separate issue, but you can't sell guns without an FFL, and you can't buy one without completing a federal background check. The only current exemption is a private sale of your personal firearm, but if you fail to report the sale, you might find yourself on the hook for anything done with that firearm

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere where's it's none of your business
Local registration is a completely separate issue, but you can't sell guns without an FFL, and you can't buy one without completing a federal background check. The only current exemption is a private sale of your personal firearm, but if you fail to report the sale, you might find yourself on the hook for anything done with that firearm
It seems that in 34 states a man can go into a local store and just buy a gun.

No registration, no permit, nothing much except cash to buy it.

Even with federal legislation you mentioned, ur supreme court has ruled that local enforcement is not mandated to enforce that federal law.

It would not be far fetched to say that Mr. Terrorist or Mr. Psycho or even Mr. Illegal aliens could simply purchase one easily from a private seller - I heard that you guys even have gun fairs in places like Texas.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems that in 34 states a man can go into a local store and just buy a gun.

No registration, no permit, nothing much except cash to buy it.

Even with federal legislation you mentioned, ur supreme court has ruled that local enforcement is not mandated to enforce that federal law.

It would not be far fetched to say that Mr. Terrorist or Mr. Psycho or even Mr. Illegal aliens could simply purchase one easily from a private seller - I heard that you guys even have gun fairs in places like Texas.
All gun stores, no matter the state, must have an FFL. You're confusing registration with purchase.

If you're asking me whether I think second amendment protection applies to non citizens, no I don't.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not obsolete, but my point is that it's a pointless argument. You have one definition of masculinity.

One could just as easily say a real man fights with his hands and that guns are for pu$$ies who can't fight.

Or that there are men in far flung parts of the world that would make the toughest American man, armed or not, look like a helpless woman.

I've known plenty of dudes who owned guns, who would be dominated by you or me, physically and psychologically. But if they had a gun and I didn't, yes, they could shoot and kill me. I don't see it as an indication, on its own, of manhood.

*Edit, though it may be an indication of intelligence if he lives in a high-crime society with poor policing. You gotta do what you gotta do to survive.
If owning a gun makes a person into a man, then I guess I'm married to a man. That doesn't sound like anything I've ever said.

However, the right firearm, in the hands of a trained person, will give a man, woman, or even a child a fighting chance against a more physically powerful person or even a mob.

When I talk about manhood, I'm talking about the responsibility for the defense of one's own property, family, or person, by any available means, instead of just waiting and hoping for other men to show up to rescue you. It just so happens that firearms are the most efficient means of personal protection

Last edited:

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere where's it's none of your business
All gun stores, no matter the state, must have an FFL. You're confusing registration with purchase.

If you're asking me whether I think second amendment protection applies to non citizens, no I don't.
I'm talking abt loopholes - gun fairs.

And the more I read through the more perplexing it becomes, FFL registration must be destroyed in the FBI database within 24 hours!?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

And the more I read through the more perplexing it becomes, FFL registration must be destroyed in the FBI database within 24 hours!?
yes becasue people who want a gun to do a crime will wait to buy and register a gun.

its easier to buy a gun in any part of the world, you complaining about registered weapons will not solve this, most weapons used on crimes are weapons sold in black markets, and i'm not even considerating the guns made at home, it would be far more easier control the ammunition used, but that one also can be made at home so can't do much.

also note there is also knife attacks, so you will want to also control knifes? or do like a City in my country, a criminal killed someone with a scissor, the city goes and ban scissors to be carried

Amante Silvestre

Reaction score
Mostly when I see gun ownership being tied to “manliness” it is with inner-city juveniles and gangs and the like.

Most people I know, myself included, use guns to hunt wild game or cull large livestock and butcher them ourselves just to put our own food on the table. They use those guns to kill predators that threaten their livestock (which is their food supply) and so on.

These are practical uses that requires a lifestyle of self discipline and responsibility for survival.

Almost all people I know who think guns should be banned also buy their food from supermarket chains (and often think everyone else should too). They depend entirely on corporations to feed them, cloth them, shelter them. They don’t have the stomach to kill and butcher themselves and so happily leave the dirty work to someone else so they can carry on oblivious as they stick their neatly packaged food into their shopping carts.

I find it ironic that, so often, it seems that most of the people who are for banning guns are also usually the most sheltered and dependent; the type of people who wouldn’t last a few weeks if the sh*t ever hit the fan and they had to actually provide for themselves.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah, I happen to know that doesn't happen. The 24hr clause was just added to pacify opposition to the de facto federal firearms registry(which is what it is). I couldn't get my buddy to give me hard numbers(because the database doesn't really exist, after all;) ), but I didn't just pull those numbers out of my @55, either.

Anyway, yes, there are loopholes, and, no, I'm not all broken up about it. I only gave you that info to give you a more realistic picture of the situation than the one Hollywood and the Fake News media presents, not because I approve of federal regulation of our 2nd Amendment. I mean, what part of "...shall not be infringed" did Congress misunderstand?

Besides, I purposely didn't title this thread, 'Why Real Men Defend the Second Amendment'. I wanted this to be a more universally appealing discussion of the masculine duty to protect, as opposed to the modern man's ability to rapidly dial 9-1-1, and hide until bigger, better trained, better armed men(or even women) arrive. I didn't want this to be limited to Americans parsing the US Constitution. I didn't want this to be about what the law in one country says, but about what we each have to say.

Since, you brought it up, though, I will address the gunshow loophole: if you've ever been to a gunshow, you'd know it isn't exactly an armory for street gangs. A buyer may be able to skirt a background check, at a gunshow, if that's his aim, but he probably isn't going to completely avoid a paper trail, which is what you want to do, if you're deliberately purchasing a gun with which to commit criminal activity. On the other hand, an otherwise honest citizen MIGHT purchase a backup gun at a gunshow, hoping to keep it under the radar, just in case the feds ever start confiscating guns purchased through the FFL federal background check system. That's probably a misguided notion put in his head by Leftwing legislators obsessing over "the gunshow loophole!!!", though, because it's extremely unlikely that the collector who sold his gun at the gunshow is going to do a complete stranger the favor of not reporting the sale, on the off chance that the purchaser isn't going to murder someone with it, toss it into an alley, and that the feds won't show up at the seller's door.

No, real premeditated criminals are going to steal their guns, or buy them from a blackmarket gun dealer, so that the weapons can't be traced back to them.

Again, though, I approve of the Second Amendment , as written; so, I'd prefer everyone have access to guns, than no-one have access to them. I'm against the regulations. When I was a young man, you really could walk into a gas station, and buy a handgun. I liked that.

So, why not just discuss the merits of an armed vs a disarmed society, instead of dissecting the minutiae of one country's gun laws?

Last edited:
Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I happen to know that doesn't happen. The 24hr clause was just added to pacify opposition to the de facto federal firearms registry(which is what it is). I couldn't get my buddy to give me hard numbers(because the database doesn't really exist, after all;) ), but I didn't just pull those numbers out of my @55, either.

Anyway, yes, there are loopholes, and, no, I'm not all broken up about it. I only gave you that info to give you a more realistic picture of the situation than the one Hollywood and the Fake News media presents, not because I approve of federal regulation of our 2nd Amendment. I mean, what part of "...shall not be infringed" did Congress misunderstand?

Besides, I purposely didn't title this thread, 'Why Real Men Defend the Second Amendment'. I wanted this to be a more universally appealing discussion of the masculine duty to protect, as opposed to the modern man's ability to rapidly dial 9-1-1, and hide until bigger, better trained, better armed men(or even women) arrive. I didn't want this to be limited to Americans parsing the US Constitution. I didn't want this to be about what the law in one country says, but about what we each have to say.

Since, you brought it up, though, I will address the gunshow loophole: if you've ever been to a gunshow, you'd know it isn't exactly an armory for street gangs. A buyer may be able to skirt a background check, at a gunshow, if that's his aim, but he probably isn't going to completely avoid a paper trail, which is what you want to do, if you're deliberately purchasing a gun with which to commit criminal activity. On the other hand, an otherwise honest citizen MIGHT purchase a backup gun at a gunshow, hoping to keep it under the radar, just in case the feds ever start confiscating guns purchased through the FFL federal background check system. That's probably a misguided notion put in his head by Leftwing legislators obsessing over "the gunshow loophole!!!", though, because it's extremely unlikely that the collector who sold his gun at the gunshow is going to do a complete stranger the favor of not reporting the sale, on the off chance that the purchaser isn't going to murder someone with it, toss it into an alley, and that the feds won't show up at the seller's door.

No, real premeditated criminals are going to steal their guns, or buy them from a blackmarket gun dealer, so that the weapons can't be traced back to them.

Again, though, I approve of the Second Amendment , as written; so, I'd prefer everyone have access to guns, than no-one have access to them. I'm against the regulations. When I was a young man, you really could walk into a gas station, and buy a handgun. I liked that.

So, why not just discuss the merits of an armed vs a disarmed society, instead of dissecting the minutiae of one country's gun laws?
better trained is what is expected, not always the case mind you. plus remember, its all priority, if you call then there is someone walking around in your backyard, they will take hours if they did go at all, only way for then to show soon is or is a female calling telling it a female being attacked or if you kill someone, if not they will no rush

anotehr thing defend is done in seconds during a attack, no way police can answer that fast

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Comparing the U.S. to Lesotho and South Africa is asinine, as the vast majority of gun deaths in the US are a result of drug dealers killing other drug dealers (which is actually a net positive for society). If you take gang-related killings out of the equation, the U.S. has a fairly low gun violence rate.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If owning a gun makes a person into a man, then I guess I'm married to a man. That doesn't sound like anything I've ever said.
This entire time I've been reading the thread title as "Do real men prefer to live in an armed society." Not disarmed. I think I need my vision checked.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Comparing the U.S. to Lesotho and South Africa is asinine, as the vast majority of gun deaths in the US are a result of drug dealers killing other drug dealers (which is actually a net positive for society). If you take gang-related killings out of the equation, the U.S. has a fairly low gun violence rate.
While we're at it, let's take away mass shooting statistics. If you took away all the killings the US would have none.

If a chicken had lips, it could whistle.

Danger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While we're at it, let's take away mass shooting statistics. If you took away all the killings the US would have none.

If a chicken had lips, it could whistle.
The whole point of analysis is to determine the cause of these problems.

The two major causes accounting for well over 90% of gun deaths are gangs of specific ethnicities and SSRI drugs. These are facts.

To ignore those facts or mock them is just another way to dodge accountabity and punish law-abiding citizens and their absolute right to exist and defend themselves.

Bokanovsky is not saying to ignore them, he is saying THEY ARE the issue, not guns.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This entire time I've been reading the thread title as "Do real men prefer to live in an armed society." Not disarmed. I think I need my vision checked.
My entire point, in reference to the title, is that men who are in favor of gun control tend to ideally prefer highly restrictive access to firearms, but would not disqualify themselves from firearm access; whereas, women who favor gun control tend to favor an all-out ban, except for "qualified professionals," of course. So, it's understandable why someone, with the ability to do so, would want to restrict firearm access, while reserving the privilege to himself, but the willingness to absolutely surrender one's personal defense to another is much more of a feminine characteristic.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
America’s stats are skewed due to gangs. The vast majority of gun deaths are Black on black.
Our judicial system runs on this revenue.

The gang wars are created. Even the music supports the frame. The inner city remains as it is because it makes money and it can be used to further political agendas. It’s a game.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score

All sales at gun shows falls under FFL requirements. You have fallen prey to propaganda. That red hearing came out a few years back and has been completely debunked.

it will lead to prison time.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To illustrate how stupid and pointless the whole gun control debate is, let's look at the actual statistics. In 2017, there were close to 40,000 gun-related deaths in America. Of that number, approximately 24,000 were suicides, 15,000 homicides and 1,000 LEO shootings, accidents and "undetermined causes".

Suicide numbers are irrelevant for the purposes of the gun control discussion, as someone who wants to kill himself or herself will find a way to do it regardless of whether they do it with a gun. So the real number that we need to look at is 15,000. About 90% of that is gang/drug-related killings. That means that only about 1,500 Americans die in all other types of shootings, including mass shootings.

So what are your odds of being murdered with a gun? If you are an average American, they are about 0.0046% (15,000 divided by 327 million). If you are an average American who in NOT involved in a gang or the drug trade, they are 0.00046% (1,500 divided by 327 Million). That is less than half of one ten thousandths of a percent.

How does that compare to other types of danger you face in your daily life? Car accidents kill 1.25 million Americans every year. Your odds of dying in a car accident are therefore approximately 0.4% (which is 100 to 1,000 times higher than the odds of being killed with a gun). Medical malpractice kills about 400,000 Americans every year. Your odds of being killed by a doctor or nurse are about 0.12% (about 25 to 250 times higher than being killed with a gun). Obesity-related diseases kill an estimated 300,000 Americans every year. So your odds of being killed by burgers and French fries are approximately 0.09% (about 20 to 200 times higher than being killed with a gun).

So do you people shake in fear every time you get in your car or order a Big Mac? If the answer is no, why are you so concerned about guns?

Last edited:

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
To illustrate how stupid and pointless the whole gun control debate is, let's look at the actual statistics. In 2017, there were close to 40,000 gun-related deaths in America. Of that number, approximately 24,000 were suicides, 15,000 homicides and 1,000 LEO shootings, accidents and "undetermined causes".

Suicide numbers are irrelevant for the purposes of the gun control discussion, as someone who wants to kill himself or herself will find a way to do it regardless of whether they do it with a gun. So the real number that we need to look at is 15,000. About 90% of that is gang/drug-related killings. That means that only about 1,500 Americans die in all other types of shootings, including mass shootings.

So what are your odds of being murdered with a gun? If you are an average American, they are about 0.0046% (15,000 divided by 327 million). If you are an average American who in NOT involved in a gang or the drug trade, they are 0.00046% (1,500 divided by 327 Million). That is less than half of one ten thousandths of a percent.

How does that compare to other types of danger you face in your daily life? Car accidents kill 1.25 million Americans every year. Your odds of dying in a car accident are therefore approximately 0.4% (which is 100 to 1,000 times higher than the odds of being killed with a gun). Medical malpractice kills about 400,000 Americans every year. Your odds of being killed by a doctor or nurse are about 0.12% (about 25 to 250 times higher than being killed with a gun). Obesity-related diseases kill an estimated 300,000 Americans every year. So your odds of being killed by burgers and French fries are approximately 0.09% (about 20 to 200 times higher than being killed with a gun).

So do you people shake in fear every time you get in your car or order a Big Mac? If the answer is no, why are you so concerned about guns?
I’ve read these before but couldn’t find them Or didn’t try too hard as it won’t change anyone’s mind.