This sounds like Duell's quote ofNow, instead of a void, we have a bank of knowledge. In order for a long essay to be worth writing, somebody first has to discover something new that hasn't been covered. If you think that's going to keep happening every month, or even every year, then you might be overestimating the complexity of the whole dating game.
"The advancement of the arts, from year to year, taxes our credulity, and seems to presage the arrival of that period when human improvement must end."
or that 19th century patent commissioner:
"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
Everything has been said! All answers given! All questions answered! Shut down the forum! All mysteries have been solved!
I don't even think we've scratched the surface.
Dealing with women and life is the largest discussion of Time and our own lives. After all, how you look upon women defines your life. Such a subject isn't taken lightly.
The discussion isn't confined here. You have the whole of poetry speaking of this subject, the entire volume of Shakespeare, a wide constellation of plays, libraries of philosophy rantings, multiple histories and cultures, assorted religions, and that isn't even the beginning. You have the experience of every person here, most importantly, yourself to draw off ideas. You have the real world, filled with (we hope) real women, to draw up more observations. You have colleges of biology devoted to our cause, that rare club of 'great men' and their biographies and actions, and the unknown 'real' men such as the firefighters, the policemen, the truckers, those that keep civilization working. You have the nightclub and the church, the school and the party. You have all these things. Yet, we're still not close to scratching the surface.
The mystery of women is the mystery of nature. Civilizations, religions, laws, are all built around the conclusions (or even non-conclusions). How could there be there is nothing more to add?
As for the forum, what is occuring has occured before. The subject of this place is women and your thoughts on women. Some people have wacky ideas, or good ideas. What is occuring now seems to be people talking to each other instead of talking about the subject.
"OMG I hate Yggrasilx!!111"
"Punk! Moderators, ban him!"
"Non! Moderators, ban HIM!"
Instead of a focus on information, it has shifted into a focus on personality. But in the end, we are all 1s and 0s on these electronic pages. You didn't come to this site to do verbal duels, you came to share and gain information!
If there is a DJ Bible, one could think of a DJ Ten Commandments to help us all be productive as possible. It might even read as:
1) Focus on the information, ignore the personalities.
2) Don't try to become the smartest person in the room. No one cares.
3) If you don't have anything to say, don't say it.
4) If a subject has been posted in a thread, post in the existing thread, do NOT make a new thread.
5) When you post, try actually saying something that gives information or requests information.
6) Do not POST LIKE THIS or LiKE tHIs or like this!
7) There are always new observations and discoveries to make on women and life.
8) Detailing new context unleashes more change than new content.
9) If you have a question or a post idea, read the bible or use the SEARCH feature first.
10) Don Juans shall not tear down their brothers! (That is what women do. Women tear down fellow women over nothing. We're not gossiping women, are we?)