Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dissonance

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it that my wife watched endless soaps and movies about true love stories with romance, yet romance in real life is a real turn off?

I’m not really romantic - a little bit for the sake of horseplay at Valentine’s Day, but if I acted like these guys she would laugh!

Plus, all the guys in these movies are wimps. Very effiminate. Yet she is with me, a mis-shapen Anglo Saxon with the appearance of a rock carrier and a face to match?

I’ve found this in general - they swoon over this stuff yet choose men entirely different?

I know it is this way, what women think isn’t what they actually like, but why? Why do they have an interest in things they don’t actually want?

She could most certainly find a “pretty guy”.

She isn’t controlling or insecure, which may be a reason for some - ie they want someone “below them”.

What is up with that?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do people play video games that involve butchering each other but wouldn't want to do that in real life?

Why do people watch movies with evil characters and like them, but would form vigilante groups to imprison them in real life?

Why does your wife watch these movies, but wouldn't necessarily want them in real life?

Answer: Fantasy is a different thing. It lets you project what it would be like to feel other feelings, experience another experience, because you're different in reality. It makes total sense.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it that my wife watched endless soaps and movies about true love stories with romance, yet romance in real life is a real turn off?
These shows are just an escape from reality for women. They like melodrama just like men like action movies. Most men who like movies about war have little interest in actually going to some God-forsaken place to be shot or thrown grenades at.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Women get sucked into “liking” romantic crap because deep in one part of their brain they think that that’s what they are supposed to like, all that traditional blue sappy stuff. But deep in the other part of their brain they desire a real fvcking masculine man. One who is dominant and not afraid to treat them like a dirty little slut in the bedroom.The battle inside every woman’s head is basically this and it’s a real struggle. My personal rule is I give them 85% masculine man and 15% romantic crap. Which means most of the time I am hard-core but occasionally they get a very temporary soft side out of me. Just enough to wiggle that emotion in their brain but absolutely nothing more.

R

Ranger

If you look at those movies closely, the woman is having to overcome obstacles to get her man. He is somehow “damaged” and her goal is to have her love cure him. Overcoming the setbacks to her end goal of winning him.
It’s not having him it’s the work to get him. It’s the pursuit.
It’s based on a standard three act Greek drama.
You will notice that in most, she has to overcome three setbacks to getting the man healed and in love with her.
There’s supposed to be the “happily ever after” to follow but it’s left out...because it’s all down hill from there. Lol

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To add to some of the questions above- Why is it that Hollywood actors/actresses play roles in movies that portray violence and many other things that in real life, they protest about?
Ban guns, say the people who make millions portraying violent people and situations, in a state that seems not to like guns?

Sometimes that's just the way it is, and can't be rationally explained. We just have to learn how to cope, make our own decisions and own it.