Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Didn't have the heart to close...

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK. Here it is. Took the day off from work today; was going to see a movie at the local second-run movie theatre and decided 'Fvck that'; no decent women (or nearly any) at matinees. So, detoured to the local Border's and just browsed (for women and books). Was in my own personal Alpha/DJ zone; didn't see any HB's at all; forget about HB8 or higher. Didn't get discouraged though; was unsettled by a major leagure DJ browsing next to me (you can just tell by the clothes and the attitude). BTW: does anyone else find this unsettling and difficult to deal with?

Continuing, picked up a mag and went over to the attached Starbucks. Looked around a bit and sat down right next to a HB8. Could tell there was some interest cause she was stealing glances; I 'called her out' on it by looking directly back at her. We both smiled; but I broke eye-contact first (AFC'ism is difficult to destroy but part of it is practise). Finally decided to strike up a convo. with her. Opening line was good but not decisive:

ME: Are you a fast reader?
HER: Uhm?
ME: I see you're already half-way through that book...
And so it goes ...

She was digging me and definately taking cues off me; some nercousness was evident by her leg-tapping and she touched her face repeatedly. Good signs. Convo. lasted 30 minutes; first 5 minutes were a bit rough but it was fairly smooth after that. The fact that I was well acquianted this her interests; her industry (manages a paycheck cashing craphole) and general life put me in charge. She liked it.

OK, here comes the but.

I noticed her ring and then she mentions 'Her Huisband". This didn't faze me, but then she mentioned 'Her Kids" and I decided to "Exit Stage Left". Didn't have the heart to try to pursue a married woman with kids (or maybe it was just this one).

Anyways, once I drank my coffee, made some lam-asz exscuse and high-tailed it out.

Still, just the human contact felt great. I will definately do this again. When I do, I'll try to post (to inspire and entertain of course :).

Take it easy,

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good practice

It's always good to practice convo skills, even with married women. See my fish in the see post as to why to not pursue women with rings, but flirting and conversing is OK as long as you're not missing out on any eligible hotties in the store.

You wrote this:

Didn't get discouraged though; was unsettled by a major leagure DJ browsing next to me (you can just tell by the clothes and the attitude). BTW: does anyone else find this unsettling and difficult to deal with?

It used to bother me until I discovered this board, now I could give a sh-t because I know I'm as good as him, if not better. The best thing you can do is to not compare but automatically think that you're a kick-a$$ DJ and you don't need to apologize to anyone at anytime for who you are.

* This board is a god-send, I can't believe how many years I spent AFCing. Just yesterday I walked into my favorite coffee shop and saw a clerk I've been wanting to meet for awhile. It's usually terribly busy but this time it wasn't. She's reading a magazine, looks up, smiles and says, "How is your day going?" I liked that entry line. I said great and we were on our way. I told her I saw her on campus (where I work) and she was kind of shocked I noticed her as she only took one class ... trust me, I noticed. Line started to form behind me, I got her name but didn't have time for the digits as the hippies were getting restless. As I was walking out her eyes were following me, I turned back and smiled and she said, "Bye WestCoaster."

I'll get the digits ASAP, but this whole scenario would not have played out as well without sosuave.com.

Keep practicing at places like Borders, coffee shops, etc. Practice is practice and it always helps build confidence.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys how similar are lives can be.

First on the other guys around. Yes I have stated in a few threads, I get intimidated or sometimes pissed by other natural DJ's around. I think it's natural, but it sure as hell can mess with your head.

I think we need to work on a strategy for this. First off, if I"m in a big club and a bunch of slicked up natural DJ"s are around on the prowl, I get kind of pissed.

I think the best way to approach this is to think of them all as friends, instead of the sleazy competitors they really are. This can be difficult to do. If you have a chance, disarm them by saying whats up. Remember the best way though is to not let it influence your game. Alot of guys that are considered great looking are still AFC. I might get called cute by girls occasionally (far too infrequently for my liking), but remember I have been learning DJ skills, so remember you have an advantage if you take action by working on the girls first. Alternatively you could wait and hope the other guy crashes and burns.

Interesting someone mentioned a clerk today. There is a real hottie that works at a grocery near my internship. She seemed very friendly to me today. I'd love to get a date out of her. Might feel a bit bad since I"m in an LTR, but I've been having problems with it.

You know what is so awesome about meeting new women. That feeling you get in your stomach when they smile at you. I LOVE IT!