Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the 3rd time I've asked this, and DON'T send me to the bible.

How do I dance like to rap music that's popular?

Like, what body parts do I move? What body parts do I focus on doing? What actions work better? What moves are outdated and shouldn't be used, or are considered weird?

This is the ONE THING that prevents me from being a hig school God, I have no sense of rhythm, I'm a heavy metal/ classic rock kind of guy, ya know?

EDIT: If I'm at my homecoming dance with my girlfriend, how would I go about "dancing" if "magic stick" by 50Cent is playing? Cuz I made up some crap about a headache to get out of it..:(

Thanks,
Sebastian

Last edited:

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
If your a white rocker you will never be able to dance. Face it man your place is in the back headbanging to slayer. Laters ahahah

Jk ok Dancing is really hard to explain. Practice makes perfect as the ancient saying is told.

I suggest you watch alot of rap videos, listen to rap, and find someone to practice with.

Its really easy for the most part the chicks do all the work, (ie they're droppin it like its hot, grindin on ya etc etc)

So your job is to basically stand there, have your hands wherever they feel comfortable on her body, feel free to move and caress her as you see fit. But you need to find the groove. You must match or body motions. just imagine that your fuccing her.

Tyruis

Reaction score
Originally posted by whatsupwiddat
This is the 3rd time I've asked this, and DON'T send me to the bible.

How do I dance like to rap music that's popular?

Like, what body parts do I move? What body parts do I focus on doing? What actions work better? What moves are outdated and shouldn't be used, or are considered weird?

This is the ONE THING that prevents me from being a hig school God, I have no sense of rhythm, I'm a heavy metal/ classic rock kind of guy, ya know?

Thanks,
Sebastian
Well to be honest......
Being a metal/classic rock you have a head up on most "cool" guys. Believe me i listen to all genres and i just want to say you DO have rythmn.

Now to move on the dance things. concentrate on steps, arm & shoulder shakes and stuff. also you dont really need to do any of that stuff you can just grind with a girl :) . 1 thing that shouldnt be used (depends on people at your school) are ne bandana's in your moves. and for the wierd thing..... i have no clue. I do the harlem shake, c-walk , top rock, 2-step and 6-step and 1990's and swipes.

If you want go here for pictures and info.

Good Luck.

P.S if all else goes just go with the flow

Tyruis

Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian

........Its really easy for the most part the chicks do all the work, (ie they're droppin it like its hot, grindin on ya etc etc)

So your job is to basically stand there.......
I have to disagree with that. If you stand there the girl will think you are not interested. Just go where she goes, if she shakes right join her and feel her groove.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a good dancer but when it comes to explaining what I do there I'm clueless.

Actually I don't really know much about how hip-hop/rap REALLY should be danced...
But I dance freestyle and it's good enough.

When I let it go I turn most girls heads. And not in the bad way!
and when I'm on the dance floor there is somehow space created around me.
I guess it's because I don't stay in my position all the time. I move my legs too.

I've took some moves from a male stripper friend of mine when he is there dancing in a club just for fun (clothes on of course).
Also if you've lost the rhythm it's good to look at some black people if there are any present. Since most black people have good sense of rhythm.

Classic rock. lol.
That is about rhythm too you know..
Yeah, different moves though.

EDIT:
ah, gotta add something.
Everyone reading this, I'd like to remind that if you are good dancer it's sooooo easy to get girls in a dance floor. If you are not good dancer, just learn. It's worth it.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I have to disagree with that. If you stand there the girl will think you are not interested. Just go where she goes, if she shakes right join her and feel her groove.
Finish reading what i wrote. :rolleyes:

Best friends? NAY

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to not be able to keep with chicks when they grind.
Then after a 3 hour grind session(**** my knees hurt after that) I could keep with about any chick.
So if your problem is not being able to grind find some chicks who don't care if your good or not and practice up.

P.S. if your dacning with a real fine chick and your pants harden up just ignore it.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh...well i figure the reason u suck, is cause you wanna know exactly what to move when.

the reason is of course, u must flow man, you cant pick it a part.You just gotta go at it. It would be easier if you played a musical instrument of some sort and understood musical timing and such.

SOo rhythm isnt really needed, you just need to understand the math behind the music, and calculate in your head when to move your hips. So just practice at home brah, download some rap song and get up against your couch man. Hump that thing good.

On another note.

Ive never considered a DJ's strongpoints on the dancefloor. A Djs most powerfully ally is his adept and charming conversation, but there are ways to bring this charm to the dancefloor. Clothing is a big one, but those kinda clothes cost uhm, lots of money heh, if you have it, great if not then get a job lol, or scrap together something suitable. You gotta be well groomed, good haircut and such, shaved or trimmed(tho ive never really heard of any girls actually LIKING guys with facial hair), and jsut a generally clean appearance. Another thing, before you go up and start humping any girls ass, it would be best to go by her once or twice and get good eye contact. You know that eyecontact where you can see she wants you, thats the kind you want if you are looking to establish any sort of interaction after you dance.

ANd while youre dancing, your **** on her ass is the LEAST important thing so stop thinking about it you stupid animals. A hard-on is NOOTTT a good thing to have no matter what anybody says. It doesnt mean it will hurt you always, but it sure as hell wont help you. SO focus on doing other things to the girl. Very sensual stuff, carressing, never moving your hands up and down, everywhere, going down to the butt but not touching, going up her leg but stopping, going up her sides but moving away before you hit her boobs. Just crap liek that.

and you will be a shoe-in.

alright then.

CrazyAsianBiker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
If your a rocker you will never be able to dance. Face it man your place is in the back headbanging to slayer. Laters ahahah
Ass hole www.gwvf.net view the trailers.

laugh to that half of you wont even grow nearly the balls to go into a hardcore show pit. First off you have to know how to dance second off it's like a fight but you're dancing and having fun. Huge adrenaline rush. It's not just headbanging Ass hole. Now i don't know about normal rock people usually just jump around but this is the hXc scene.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WUWD, do you mean free-style hip-hop dancing (Breaking is included there) or dancing with women? Grinding really isn't that hard, Jester explained it well. Learning a new style of dance however, takes a lot of time.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go download some "Mr. Wiggles" stuff...That guy is good.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What if you hate rap?

Evo

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is wat my friend said to me when i ask him how do i dance with girls he said " grab her ass(he really meant hip) and start rubing ur **** all over her ass" after a few sec should get the hang of it and u'll start to move with her

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh and another thing: STOP TELLING ME HOW EASY IT IS. IF IT WAS EASY, I'D BE DOING IT BY NOW

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok first off dancing is not easy. Don't kid yourself, its not challenging once you get it, but learning can be incredibly embarasing and degrading.

First step to dancing: Learn Syncopation
Everyone who plays an instrament has some idea of what i'm talking about. Ability to take a ryhthm ie 4/4 @72 and modify it to have a beat to it.
Sounds confusing but it really isn't, when you listen to a song you hear syncopation. The trick is to identify it. Listen to a lot of different kinds of music, and try to find the bars and repetition and variation. Study the music, and learn the rhythm. This will help a lot in dancing.

Second: Hip movement
Hip Movement is important in dancing. First it makes you look better, second it gives chick the impression you have control over your hip which is useful for doing something else ;).
If you have trouble with the hip, get a hola-hoop and get good at that, hell if you are good do it to the music, so that it works in well. :p

Third: Body movement
So you got the hip movement down, and you can do it to music. What about the rest of your body? What do you do with it? Well anything! ok thats a bad example, but really you can.

I'll start with the upper body. I'd start by having your hands somewhat cupped, as if you were going to make a fist, but loosen it. Now lets start by saying your arm is two parts, the upper arm is from your elbow to sholder, and your lower arm is elbow to wrist. Your upper arm along the side of your body, and your lower arm in such a way that you could touch your chest with your hand (If you can see that).

So you got that down. Now lets talk about the sholders. Somewhat roll them from left to right in relation to the music (see it was important). If your off beat you look bad, and chicks think you'll be bad in bed.

So after you get those two down, you want to start working your hips into it. A circular motion will make the body follow par, or front and back, or side to side, or mix it up. Whatever feels best.

So Lower body is next on the list, and lets talk about the feet, Move your feet. I can't stress this enough, even if its just a little bit, it looks horrible to be moving your upper body, and have your feet planted. You don't have to do anything crazy like the C-walk, but be sure you move them every so often in a side to side manner, with pivoting.

Bob up and down a little bit to the beat, this will help create an illusion of more movement. It doesn't have to be a large bob, but be sure you do it.

Ok so your now dancing like a stud. But lets face it you can't do the same thing for 3 hours now can you.

Variations:

Mix it up. Let one arm go limp on your side, and cross the other one across your body by your chests and just pivot your shoulders in a fan type motion where yor move your right side forward and left back and visa versa with your neck as the axis. Mostly do what you feel is most natural, don't force it, people can tell.

Just move your arms around your body, piviting to the music.

Make sure you move your sholders a lot.

Move your hips whichever way feels most natural.

Bob.

And move your Feet around, small steps.

I really hope this helps, good luck with the dancing. Mostly relax and have fun with it. dancing is fun, not a chore.

Last edited:

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want everybody to look at Vincent's response. That's what I was looking for, not "ITS SO EASY".

Thanks Vincey-poo, I love yoo :)

Last edited:

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. Vincent got it right.
I agree with you 100% bro.

I bet you know the feeling too when every chick around you is looking at you trying to make eye contact.
Whispering to her friend while looking at your hips...

So what I'm saying here that Vincent gave here a good guide about the basics.
With practicing and having fun at the same time you'll become good at it in no time!

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations Vince. That is the best explanation of how to dance, that i have ever seen.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy crap I totally forgot I wrote this. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.