Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Damn guys, sometimes things hit you a bit more

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in the process of moving to a new town.

I don't know a damn person there, which isn't the problem as much as it has really started me thinking about whats important in life.

My parents are getting older, I'm missing them

I've dated a ton of girls and am currently in a long distance relationship with a girl I really love. But I have this feeling that she won't move to be with me even though she had talked about it.

I am sitting alone in a hotel on a Friday and getting ready to go out to eat.

But damn man, I haven't felt this low in a while. I should be feeling great and excited. I have a great new job lined up that will really be great for my career.

But I can't help but think, I'm 31, I should be settled down and in place in life instead of starting over again in a new job and a new town.

Yes financially I'm in a job that pays well (although in a town that is really expensive)

Anyways it's just a funk, but I tell you what I feel pretty sad.
ANd it's of my own doing. I could have just stayed in town.

Change can be really hard sometimes...

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck - i think you're making a good move, because you need a good job with good money before all the gf and stuff work too. I gotta be blunt, but I'm not sure how long the gf thing will last - long distance is very straining and you're being unfair to yourself -

Think of your new town as a new adventure, and that when u see a girl/stranger you can do the cold approach and ask for directions, and do the whole "i'm new here" intro :)

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're 31, then there's a good chance you've dealt with substantial change in your life already. If you haven't, then there's no better place and time then here and now to embrace it.

You have to keep in mind to accept and celebrate change for what it signifies...a new beginning, a fresh start, new people, new experiences..leaving the old behind...

You fear change because you got too comfortable with what you had before. After you settle in and realize that this change was EXACTLY what you needed, you'll learn for the next time never to allow yourself to get to comfortable and complacent with your surroundings.

I think you just need to relax and savour the moment and opportunity man. Change (for the most part..or at least in this case) is a chance to experience life that much more as well as a chance to help you grow as a person and maybe even find happiness you never knew existed in your 'previous' life. Youre 31 which isnt too old 'at all'. Bro, you're still a young guy with 'much to see'. I'd be giving you the same advice if you were 51. There are no rules that everybody must conform to, dude...definoitely not by 'society's' standards.

Relish it, even if it doesn't go smoothly at the beginning. Just keep a good head about it and make your judgements later, if you so choose.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were settled down in your home town with a gf or wife (maybe some kids) then you'd probably be wishing you had experienced more in your youth. Done more things, travelled more, etc.

Change can be rough Rick but it only makes you better.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah guys the problem is yeah that I'm moved before and that was all good.

But now I'm 31 I'm feeling like I should have already been setting down roots.

And it hasn't been happening.

And it doesnt' help that i really love a girl but I'm not sure if we will be together. It isn't oneitis, this time its a bit more. After dating alot of girls, she is really great. But lately it doesn't look like it's gonna happen for us.

Believe it or not, I'm tired of going to pick up girls all the time and being on top form for that type of ****. I guess the reason is, things go great initially with all of them then it all falls to hell. I guess I am worried about where it will end up more than living each day.