Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cosmo magazine

IQ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi All,

What I have found out is that most of the girls buy cosmo magazines and its full of tips and tricks to play with the guy minds like to play hard to get, how to get him to commit or how to dump him etc.

Well, the girl with really high interest in you should not play any of these games but I am suspicious when they read these magazines they automatically try to play games.

What do you think about the girls who play games? How do you know if they are game-players or not when such garbage magazines tell them how to manipulate guys and believe me girls trust cosmo as bible.

IQ

sara

Don Juan
Reaction score
your comment about women reading cosmo like a bible was funny. funny because in a lot of cases it's true.

who can blame a woman though, when cosmo is her only way to learn about men she doesn't know any better when they give bad advice.

But then again, is this site any better? A lot of the posts in this forum are dealing with how to get laid and how to get dates and many men advise playing hard to get, not complimenting women, complimenting her once for every 3 she gives you, not calling her right away, flirting with every woman in site to get her attention, etc.

Sara http://www.getromantic.com

[This message has been edited by sara (edited 04-14-2001).]

Taz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sara,
I agree with what you're saying, not all these tips or "rules" are applicable in all situations. Especially the waiting 3-7 days to call. I'm starting to just call whenever I feel like it, and making plans for that night rather than 3 days in advance. You just have to develop an intuition.

I'm curious, however, what are some of the common "rules" women are going by? I've heard that they may only initiate 1 call for every 4 of ours. From the knowledge gained on this site, we would drop her and move on. Also I've heard that they should resist the urge to call. We interpret this as low interest and once again we move on, despite the potential relationship that could have been.

The bottom line is, we're following "rules" and "playing games" to get the other person interested. If we were just honest to begin with, we could avoid all this. Unfortunately, that doesn't work either since we would be seen as desperate. Confusing, isn't it?

Scarface

Banned
Reaction score
Every month when my girlfriends COSMO'S comes I try to get rid of the damn thing, but fail every time....

Except when the Kama Sutra one comes...

Nyksion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea I mean whatever bs is written in Cosmo or any other magazine or sacred text women are reading would be relevant as a section of articles here.

One thing getting hold of the stuff, but knowing how and what the ladies apply in practice is an other matter. I guess that would be enough research for a couple of Ph.D.s hehe

shyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey i wonder who writes that stuff in cozmo?hmm it may be another girl. Maybe the stuff isnt as good as we think. Either way theyll never figure out the don juan board and it tips/ HEHEHEHEHHEEHEHEHE
shyguy

Smallcool

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas, I wouldn't worry about the info in Cosmo. Because if you ever tried to read it, you would see that it lacks in many aspects. One is the info is half-a$$. Two, it gives more info on how women think than it does on men. And the three, there is someone on the inside giving us guys some tips.
Many times when I flip through the magazine and another magazine(There is alot of females in my family) I've seen articales that seem like they were meant for guys. One time I saw an articale on "The 7 Ways College Guys get Women Into Bed" or sometihing like that. In the article, many of the ways seemed to be exceptable to the females that had been played by these tactics, and believe me they were great tactics and many of us in this forum use them. So don't look at it as the enemy, but as an ally, for it is their strategies, thoughts, and rules of engagement that will help us succeed in winning the war of the sexes.

------------------
"Knowledge is Power"-Unknown
"From the Pimp on the block...To the Pastor of a church. IF you cool with me then I'm cool with you!"

Nyksion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm there is one thing that I don't understand.. why would a woman want to read about regular, clean pickup tactics used by men? I can understand that they'd want to guard themselves against dirty tricks like hypnosis. But the other clean stuff...:

I've understood that women like the excitement in the dating process; not knowing what the man would do next is the thrill of the play.

But if a chick gets all too famillar with common tactics, she would be able to recognise the games for what they are, and the whole thing would be predictable an no fun, wouldn't it?

But then I guess they'd think they'd be better off with it so that's why magazines can profit on printing the stuff.

Reaction score
1 thing i learned in college is if u r with a girl that has these type magazines, its best u read them also. U get a better understanding of what she is thinking. Its funny how in the past i had a couple different girls ask something (pertaining to a cosmo article) to see how i would rate or see what kind of guy i was (as explained in the cosmo articles). The just popped the subjects on my innocently thinking i didnt read their magazines.

I even thought about getting a subscription to Cosmo at one time.

But now that this subject has been mentioned here, i am thinking 1 of the questions i am regularly gonna ask girls that i am pursuing is "what female type magazines do u buy or subscribe to". Then if i am ambitious enough i may do some Recon work.

ACTION

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sara:
your comment about women reading cosmo like a bible was funny. funny because in a lot of cases it's true.

But then again, is this site any better? A lot of the posts in this forum are dealing with how to get laid and how to get dates and many men advise playing hard to get, not complimenting women, complimenting her once for every 3 she gives you, not calling her right away, flirting with every woman in site to get her attention, etc.

Sara
Yes, I agree with you. But as with ALL females I've been with, it's okay for the woman to do it, but when the man does it, it's the biggest shyt in the world. (If you don't believe this is true, then watch any episode of the Bytchie Lake Show.)

But then again, is this site any better? I don't know. Ask all your homegirls why they like playing these games, and we'll tell you why we HAVE to play along. Do you think I actually WANT to play these bullshyt games? No fukkin' way, but I HAVE to if I want to stay in the "game."

Holla at me!

Ralfus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ACTION:
Do you think I actually WANT to play these bullshyt games? No fukkin' way, but I HAVE to if I want to stay in the "game."

Well said!

Ralfus

------------------
Ralfus' Home Page - Better than hopping on one leg!

Albion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Scarface:
Every month when my girlfriends COSMO'S comes I try to get rid of the damn thing, but fail every time....

Except when the Kama Sutra one comes...
If she's allowed to read Cosmo then you should be allowed to read Maxim.

Stone Gossard

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you cuold find that "how college guys bed girls" article, I'd greatly appreciate it! Is it online? Can u type it up for the beniit of all us?

Smallcool

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting the article....It was so long ago, like 5 yrs....But I have pretty good memory and its the standard old school player stuff, so here it goes.....
1. Play the Bad Boy Role
2. The Massage trick
3. Make her think she should be lucky to be with U.
4. Playing the friend card
5. Playing the Nice Guy (Go figure)
Thats all I can remember, but When I find the article it will be posted immediately.

The Cynical Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sucks. It's the women's 'player' rag. And they've had it for a loooooong time.

I totally agree with IQ...

Any woman that reads and uses Cosmo techniques to play games should be dumped/ignored IMMEDIATELY - like IQ says, the girl with really high interest in you should not play any of those games.

This goes for women as well as men:
Cut the crap and stick to the basics. And expect the 'significant other' to do the same. If they constantly play games, drop 'em. Why waste your valuable time?
If YOU need to play games, get a life and grow up; you shouldn't be dating in the first place cuz you ain't mature enough yet.

Get real!

[This message has been edited by The Cynical Man (edited 05-06-2001).]