Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cooking from scratch

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started following a Chef Billy Parisi on Facebook and his videos are excellent.

He shows you some great recipes you can try from home and goes over the ingredients, prep, cook time etc. All his videos are 7 to 11 minutes long and he also provides a link with the recipe in pdf format.

Some of the recipes are Chicken Piccata, Chilequiles, Philly Cheese steak, BLT, etc.

He always says this stuff will taste better than anything in a restaurant. I've tried a couple and they came out pretty good.

For those of you that cook from home. It's been costing me some money picking up some of the many ingredients (E.g. Sea Salt, Corn Starch, ground mustard, Flour, Vanilla Extract etc.)

Has this saved you money in the long run since you are not getting take out as much?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
can't say much but sea salt? what is the problem with normal salt (btw most cases this salts only diference is the price), take note the good thing about cooking at home is you adapt this recipes for you taste and price range, I would never go out of my way to get sea salt or himalayan salt, msot ten likely I wold choose things I could use on several recipes over the month, but salt peeper(with I skip since I don't like it) mustard, vanilla and flour are kinda basic, also I tend to never use oil, other then olive ones,

but again adapt for your taste, or like a only collegue used to say everything I do is home taste (he does to his taste and everyone else be damned lol)

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything I make at home I make a lot of, depending if it's gonna freeze or refrigerate well.

For the last maybe, I guess since Covid started, I've been doing snacks throughout the day as opposed to a large meal, some days I feel like I need the calories but other days meh I'll just blend what calories I can to hit my window.

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Something that I just learned how to do and it's absolutely delicious is chicken meatballs. Here in Brazil, thanks to the US dollar reaching peak values compared with our currency in these late years the beef (and bovine meat in general) has become really expensive. I think that it has been more than 3 years that I have only been eating lean meat (chicken, fish), and honestly I was getting tired of it.

The good thing is that you can shape your chicken "meatballs" however you want. I like taking one day to prepare the amount I will eat for the rest of the week. Here goes the recipee:

For each kilogram of Chicken Breast:
> 1 grated (or simply cut in really small pieces) onion
> 2 grated (or simply cut in really small pieces) garlic cloves
> salt (as much as you want)
> a tea cup of wheat flour (or any other flour you have there that can be used to get the chicken together, eggs won't work well)
> processed (or blendered) chicken breast

How to prepare
:
> First, cut the chicken in small pieces. If you have a blender, I'd recommend to put just a small amount, and use the "Pulse" system instead of just letting it blend by itself. Don't forget, as you're cutting the chicken, to take the fatty parts off.
> Second, get the onion, garlic and salt to season the chicken. The best part is that since the chicken will also be seasoned "from inside", the good taste won't be felt only outside, but inside the meat too after you cook it.
> Third, after mixing the ingredients with the chicken well, it's time to add the flour. Keep mixing it just like you would if you were making breads, the point is when the chicken stops gluing in your fingers (or simply is in a point where you can shape it).
> Fourth, shape your meat. However you want, but if you're in like it fried just like me keep in mind that if you use oil or butter to cook (fry) it, it's way better if the shape you choose isn't that thick, so it can cook inside more easily without burning the outside.

My recommended lunch with meatballs:
> 350g of chicken meatballs (about 7 of my meatballs)
> Salad (I like eating lettuce with tomatoes and grated carrots)
> 8 boiled eggs (I hate scrambled eggs, so boiled is my choice)

Macros
Calories: ~1000kcal
Carbohydrates: ~15g (it mostly depends on the amount of veggies you're eating and eggs)
Proteins: ~125g
Fats: ~55g

I usually eat this meal 2 times a day (lunch and dinner), with a snack between them. I don't really have much of an appetite during the day, so I save it to eat like a monster in specific times of the day (2pm and 7pm).

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I meal-prep my breakfast and lunches(I eat two), so I know exactly how much calories and macro's I get. In the evening I cook everything by hand. I think it's important to eat fresh foods and prepare it yourself. Like Deadmasterx I also mostly eat fatty fish and chicken. I do love a good steak, but it's more from a moral standpoint that I don't like to eat mammals.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I meal-prep my breakfast and lunches(I eat two), so I know exactly how much calories and macro's I get. In the evening I cook everything by hand. I think it's important to eat fresh foods and prepare it yourself. Like Deadmasterx I also mostly eat fatty fish and chicken. I do love a good steak, but it's more from a moral standpoint that I don't like to eat mammals.
I learned cooking from my parents. Especially from my father.
I cook daily for myself. There's nothing like a self made meal. But it's very time consuming.
Most of the time I eat pretty clean and fresh, too and thought already about mealprep. How often do you have to prepare in advance?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not that frozen pizza is from scratch, or healthy, but lately I have been trying to see how many vegetables I can pile on one. The trick is to run them in an air fryer to cook out a lot of the water before putting them on the pizza. It took me a while to understand the air fryer works a lot better if you toss the veggies in oil before cooking. Bell peppers, onions, zucchini, various types of mushrooms, with enough good food on top of a pizza you can turn a bad meal into much less bad meal.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How often do you have to prepare in advance?
On Sunday I make my meals for Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday is my day off, so that's when I make my meals for Thursday and Friday.
That way it's stays reasonably fresh.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not that frozen pizza is from scratch, or healthy, but lately I have been trying to see how many vegetables I can pile on one. The trick is to run them in an air fryer to cook out a lot of the water before putting them on the pizza. It took me a while to understand the air fryer works a lot better if you toss the veggies in oil before cooking. Bell peppers, onions, zucchini, various types of mushrooms, with enough good food on top of a pizza you can turn a bad meal into much less bad meal.
Isn't the whole point of an air fryer to cook without oil so it's healthier?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you have to put a little bit of oil but there is a difference between a little oil and drowning it in oil like the conventional method.
Some of the antioxidants in vegetables are fat soluble, and can only be absorbed by your body when consumed with fat, which is good to know when eating veggies by themselves.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of the antioxidants in vegetables are fat soluble, and can only be absorbed by your body when consumed with fat, which is good to know when eating veggies by themselves.
What kind of oil is healthy? I'd purchase some and try. Cooking spray works good on them too but not sure thats healthy either lol

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of oil is healthy? I'd purchase some and try. Cooking spray works good on them too but not sure thats healthy either lol
Any oil will make a fat soluble compound able to be absorbed by your body, so it probably doesn't matter that much which oil you use.