Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

College Football High Draft Prospects benching themselves for their teams bowl games

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are really stupid enough to believe that your chances of getting hurt are the same walking down the stairs as playing in a college bowl game?
I'm just saying anything can happen. I don't know why you guys are sticking up for these fools.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Worth a lot less than a rookie pro contract. And a scholarship doesn’t pay any bills. Some of these kids grew up poor. It’s stupid to risk millions over some “pride” and “honor.”

That's why you go to college, FINISH school and get a degree. Always need a backup plan.

At the end of the day it is still a job. College athletes aren’t getting paid. This would be a different conversation if that were the case.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is a false choice. College can wait. A multi-million dollar rookie contract cannot wait. People are waking up to the scam that is college sports. If the opportunity to make big money in the pros comes, better take it ASAP.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They’re going pro where the chances of injury are far greater than in a college game.
If they’re so afraid of injury and that willing to abandon their championship level teammates, they should skip the pros and get a sit behind a desk job.
If I owned a pro team, they wouldn’t be working for me…
Why? There is no other profession where are you expected to sacrifice your body for no compensation.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Why? There is no other profession where are you expected to sacrifice your body for no compensation.
The university my daughter attended had players driving their own Cad Escalades. No telling what else they got when alumni evade the rules…
Bowl winners make rich alumni Very proud of the school and team…
You probably can’t walk Any campus anywhere without seeing a building bearing a rich Alumni benefactor name.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The university my daughter attended had players driving their own Cad Escalades. No telling what else they got when alumni evade the rules…
Bowl winners make rich alumni Very proud of the school and team…
You probably can’t walk Any campus anywhere without seeing a building bearing a rich Alumni benefactor name.
Corruption and rule violations is not an argument against compensating college athletes. Even worse than the scholarships…

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is a false choice. College can wait. A multi-million dollar rookie contract cannot wait. People are waking up to the scam that is college sports. If the opportunity to make big money in the pros comes, better take it ASAP.
It's about finishing what you started. You started the season leading your team. They (your university and teammates) helped you get where you are whether it is Heisman, or a better Draft position. It is selfish and indicates a self centered attitude.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's about finishing what you started. You started the season leading your team. They (your university and teammates) helped you get where you are whether it is Heisman, or a better Draft position. It is selfish and indicates a self centered attitude.
I agree it is selfish. It is also the American Way. Honor is not worth risking the loss of a once-in-a lifetime, multi-million dollar contract. That can lift the entire family trajectory from poverty to wealth. Don’t shame the athletes for recognizing that reality.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree it is selfish. It is also the American Way. Honor is not worth risking the loss of a once-in-a lifetime, multi-million dollar contract. That can lift the entire family trajectory from poverty to wealth. Don’t shame the athletes for recognizing that reality.

The Real Reality:

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get why someone would skip a bowl game,they’re looking out for themselves and their ability to perform at the combine,which will affect their draft stock.

I also get why someone would choose to play in a bowl game. You want to put it out there for your team and your school. I respect that.

But someone wanting to look out for themselves is not selfish.These are life changing months for these guys, and they don’t want to take any chances and impede their ability to perform at the combine.What’s wrong with that? You saw what happened to Matt Corral.If anything it’s just getting the inevitable transition period started anyway.

I personally don’t plan to skip the bowl game,but ironically what he’s saying can be interpreted as selfish too.No one gave Brian Kelly or Lincoln Riley hell when they jumped ship.
It comes down to money at the end of the day they have been movies documentaries and TV shows made about this subject

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Real Reality:

That is a whole separate issue. “You are likely to go broke anyway” is just more shaming language.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I understand that; you can also get hurt falling down a flight of stairs.
That's kind of like comparing the odds of winning the lottery with the odds of winning a coin toss. Not exactly apples to apples, is it?

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are just protecting their worth. I love to see it.

You can't eat honor and pride won't heat your house. Guys criticizing these players from their couches and barstools should remember that.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone been to a game at LSU in Baton Rouge?

Thinking about going to an SEC matchup vs. MSU.

Baton Rouge looks like a decent city as well (history wise)

MissouriMark

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone been to a game at LSU in Baton Rouge?

Thinking about going to an SEC matchup vs. MSU.

Baton Rouge looks like a decent city as well (history wise)

Never been to a college football game. Might try to next season when Georgia visits Mizzou in Columbia which is an hour and a half from where I live.