Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cleared it with the mods! A thread I’ve wanted to do for years. Post your real life picture let the community help fix your looks!(completely optiona)

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is my "bulk" season split:

Workout A:
Squats 3X3
Weighted Chin Ups 3X3
Overhead Press 3X3
Deadlift 1X3
10 minutes Cardio

Workout B:
Squats 3X3
Weighted Chin Ups 3X3
Bench Press 3X3
Back Hyperextensions 2X10
10 minutes Cardio

Workout C
25 minutes Cardio
Back Hyperextensions 2X10

I just do A-B-C in sequence, leaving at least 1 or 2 days between workouts. Workout C helps a lot with recovery.
Im all for heavy and low rep it the only work out i do
3 rep only seems a bit too much to me.

I usualy start my set with more rep then go down rep while increasing the weigh.

this is what i do, rep and weight change from week to week

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True. BUT I've met a lot of NHL players. The players that are under 6 foot have their heights fudged up as well as weight also. Especially smaller guys like Patrick Kane, Brad Marchand, Sidney Crosby. In person a lot of the players look more lean without the pads and skates on. Also, some players are pretty thin when they first enter the league and they bulk them up. Alex Pietrangelo was pretty thin when he first came into the league.
did you see the size of Crosby legs?

those are not distance runner legs

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look great but I hate that square bear/goatee connecting thing, you would look amazing with a full beard. Especially with the bald head. Other than that good job staying fit. You look like a manly man, the kind I wouldn’t wanna get In a bar fight with.
Thanks man.... i actually have a beard but i kept it trim ... like #3 on my electric razor... had it full grown before but its patchy grey... and most of the grey is on the sides..so just recently i shaved it all off lol... i look 10years younger haha.. i need more work in the abs section.. but that fkn hernia... ugh.. will have to get it dealt with. I stay fit for hunting... my favorite hobby.... im lookin like Mrclean right now lol... maybe i should grow the beard in again.. it sure ages me though.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wheels are better than that normally. Top pic is 248 lbs around 7%, middle is 235 around 6%. If I stay out the gym for a few months it goes toa round 10-11%. As an older guy, fitness is not optional, we have to keep it moving. Also we have to keep an eye on carbs unless you work in a physical job.

Attachments

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man.... i actually have a beard but i kept it trim ... like #3 on my electric razor... had it full grown before but its patchy grey... and most of the grey is on the sides..so just recently i shaved it all off lol... i look 10years younger haha.. i need more work in the abs section.. but that fkn hernia... ugh.. will have to get it dealt with. I stay fit for hunting... my favorite hobby.... im lookin like Mrclean right now lol... maybe i should grow the beard in again.. it sure ages me though.
Hey man you could always dye the beard, my uncle dyes his grey out you can’t even tell..

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wheels are better than that normally. Top pic is 248 lbs around 7%, middle is 235 around 6%. If I stay out the gym for a few months it goes toa round 10-11%. As an older guy, fitness is not optional, we have to keep it moving. Also we have to keep an eye on carbs unless you work in a physical job.
looking huge man

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Looking like a bo$$

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
looking huge man
Goal is like I said a size around a larger NFL dee-back, with incredible muscle density and very little fat. Something to light a fire and make woman mouth water. Gotta tighten up. Actually the size will be 10 lbs less with a little more muscle and a bit less fat.
This size looks good in a suit, is hot naked, and can defend itself.

Last edited:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@biggoal Yeah hockey players are actually small af lol I used to play haha but these guys still lift weights. They do more conditioning and circuit training, but that’s mostly bc they’re pressed for time (people have lives outside of hockey). In the pros though, they might do it differently.

I’m telling you right now, every pro athlete lifts weights to some degree. Every single one. Tennis, swimming, hockey, football, wrestling, baseball, basketball, water polo, and track—I know for a fact that everyone in these sports do weighttraining to some degree. How do I know? Because **** man, high school athletes in these sports do them, and if they do them in high school, they DEFINITELY do them at the pro level.

You gotta lift.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would a female post on a site dedicated to helping men pick up women?

Also OP props for posting your pic, I wouldn't want to post my pic since I Work in the public sector and if they find out i visited a pick up forum i would lose my job
It was a joke about the pic posting. Plus there are females here who do offer advice.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does everyone's diet and workout routines look like? Generally speaking

I feel like I struggle getting enough protein to bulk.
Man I just go by feel. I have some structure as in ik what days I’m hitting what muscle groups lol but aside from that, everything is based off feel.

Sample would be like:

Push A:
Incline bench - 3 x 5, then 8 x 2, then 1 x 6
Pushups - might be reg or it might be one-arm, it depends on how I feel.
If it’s one-arm, I’ll do 5 x 8-10 each arm.
Stretch.
Legs A:
Front squat - 8 x 4
Pistol squat - 2 x 10R, 15L (my left is weaker so it needs more work)
Push B:
Weighted dips - 5 x 5
One-arm pushups 5 x 8-10
Some reg pushups (I don’t count)
Stretch
Legs B:
Dumbbell split squat - 5 x 5
Weighted pistol squats - 3 x 5 each leg
Pistol squats (no weight) 1 x 10R, 12L
Pull/Aesthetics:
Shoulder raises - 12 x 8
Modified facepulls - 12 x 10
Some made-up exercise for rear delts - 12 x 10
Straight-arm lat pulldown - 6 x 8
Reverse fly cable flys w/ cables starting at feet, hands finishing up - 6 x 8

I don’t deadlift cuz I ****ed my back up a year and a half ago doing it. I might occasionally do it jsut for fun but I don’t actively pursue it. Also, sometimes I’ll do power cleans on my pull days. I take a lot of rest in between each set too, so yeah. Sometimes (like right now for example), I’ll so back squats instead of front squats, and that I try to aim for 5 x 5 with, but if I can’t get 5 reps on one of the sets, I’ll do more sets until I get like 25-30ish reps total for the entire exercise.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I just go by feel. I have some structure as in ik what days I’m hitting what muscle groups lol but aside from that, everything is based off feel.

Sample would be like:

Push A:
Incline bench - 3 x 5, then 8 x 2, then 1 x 6
Pushups - might be reg or it might be one-arm, it depends on how I feel.
If it’s one-arm, I’ll do 5 x 8-10 each arm.
Stretch.
Legs A:
Front squat - 8 x 4
Pistol squat - 2 x 10R, 15L (my left is weaker so it needs more work)
Push B:
Weighted dips - 5 x 5
One-arm pushups 5 x 8-10
Some reg pushups (I don’t count)
Stretch
Legs B:
Dumbbell split squat - 5 x 5
Weighted pistol squats - 3 x 5 each leg
Pistol squats (no weight) 1 x 10R, 12L
Pull/Aesthetics:
Shoulder raises - 12 x 8
Modified facepulls - 12 x 10
Some made-up exercise for rear delts - 12 x 10
Straight-arm lat pulldown - 6 x 8
Reverse fly cable flys w/ cables starting at feet, hands finishing up - 6 x 8

I don’t deadlift cuz I ****ed my back up a year and a half ago doing it. I might occasionally do it jsut for fun but I don’t actively pursue it. Also, sometimes I’ll do power cleans on my pull days. I take a lot of rest in between each set too, so yeah. Sometimes (like right now for example), I’ll so back squats instead of front squats, and that I try to aim for 5 x 5 with, but if I can’t get 5 reps on one of the sets, I’ll do more sets until I get like 25-30ish reps total for the entire exercise.
You don’t do much volume? I guess you lift very heavy right?
For example my chest and tri day would look something like this:

Incline bench: 2 warm up sets, 4 sets 12-15
Dumbbell fly’s: 4 sets 12-15
Cable cross: 3 sets 12-15
Pec deck: 3 sets to failure
Push-up: 3 set 12-15

Skull crusher: 3 sets 12-15
Tricep push down: 3 sets 12-15
Machine tricep dips: 3 sets to failure

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve gotten much much better results as a skinny natural doing heavy as possible with low reps (3X3). My body just can’t handle high volume. The soreness from 8-10 reps puts me completely out of commission. You get virtually no soreness on low rep.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve gotten much much better results as a skinny natural doing heavy as possible with low reps (3X3). My body just can’t handle high volume. The soreness from 8-10 reps puts me completely out of commission. You get virtually no soreness on low rep.
Well I do both. One week I’ll do the high reps and the next week switch it up to low reps. In my mind I’m getting the best of both worlds .. don’t know if it works like that though

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I do both. One week I’ll do the high reps and the next week switch it up to low reps. In my mind I’m getting the best of both worlds .. don’t know if it works like that though
It doesn’t. Different adaptations. Volume builds size and muscle endurance. Low rep builds size and strength.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don’t do much volume? I guess you lift very heavy right?
For example my chest and tri day would look something like this:

Incline bench: 2 warm up sets, 4 sets 12-15
Dumbbell fly’s: 4 sets 12-15
Cable cross: 3 sets 12-15
Pec deck: 3 sets to failure
Push-up: 3 set 12-15

Skull crusher: 3 sets 12-15
Tricep push down: 3 sets 12-15
Machine tricep dips: 3 sets to failure
Yeah I don’t do much volume, strength has always been a greater priority for me. I’m not particularly strong imo (I’m not weak either lol but still). I can build my physique with strength too so it’s not a big deal. I’d rather look strong and be strong rather than look strong and be weak.

Thing is, I used to combine everything that you see all in one day. Like say Leg A & Leg B? They used to be all in the same day. That just got to be too much though bc as the weights went up, the more taxed my CNS was. I eventually just had to cut some things out. Besides, I can still make gains doing it like how I’m doing it right now. The hardest part is staying lean tbh. Like if I really wanted to I could probably add 60 pounds to my squat 30 to my bench and over a plate and a half to my deadlift (as long as my back doesn’t **** up again) in a month if I really wanted to. But rep quality would go down and I‘d only be stronger in the gym and not outside of the gym, which matters more to me more than anything tbh.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t do much volume, strength has always been a greater priority for me. I’m not particularly strong imo (I’m not weak either lol but still). I can build my physique with strength too so it’s not a big deal. I’d rather look strong and be strong rather than look strong and be weak.

Thing is, I used to combine everything that you see all in one day. Like say Leg A & Leg B? They used to be all in the same day. That just got to be too much though bc as the weights went up, the more taxed my CNS was. I eventually just had to cut some things out. Besides, I can still make gains doing it like how I’m doing it right now. The hardest part is staying lean tbh. Like if I really wanted to I could probably add 60 pounds to my squat 30 to my bench and over a plate and a half to my deadlift (as long as my back doesn’t **** up again) in a month if I really wanted to. But rep quality would go down and I‘d only be stronger in the gym and not outside of the gym, which matters more to me more than anything tbh.
what’s the max on your big 3? (squat, dl, bench

Staticus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look into some PPL routines. It is very beneficial, allowing you to hit each muscle group two times a week spread out. Also, looking into Jeff Nipard and Greg Doucettes intensity vs volume. That is very good information and both are highly credited.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look into some PPL routines. It is very beneficial, allowing you to hit each muscle group two times a week spread out. Also, looking into Jeff Nipard and Greg Doucettes intensity vs volume. That is very good information and both are highly credited.
Will do

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what’s the max on your big 3? (squat, dl, bench
Honestly bro idrk, I never really max lol I just look at my working sets really. I can give a rough estimate based off of them, but you might see differently so idk:

—Back squat - 5/5/5/3/2 with 275 for all sets (atg, always). This was this past Wednesday.
—Front squat last I did them, 8 x 4 w/ 225, could probably hit 255, maybe 265.
—Power clean: 225 x 1
—Flat bench, I haven’t maxed in forever bc I tore my pec like 3 times so I’m a bit weary to try again, I do incline instead. Last I was able to do on flat was 235 but that was in June lol. Since then my incline has gone up a bit so I’m assuming I can do more, maybe 245 or 250 if I’m lucky lol.
—Incline - 3 x 5 w/ 135,155,175; then 8 x 2 w/ 185, then 1 x 6 w/ 165. This was last Sunday.
—Dips 5 x 5 w/ 95, did this Friday. I might be going up to 100 cuz this was getting easier for me. Pushups, esp one-arms gets my dips up for some reason. When I tore my pec last time, I didn’t want to just not work anything so I taught myself to do one-arms. When I healed up a bit, my dips shot up like 50 lbs over the course of 2 weeks lol. So yeah, one-arms really work it for me.
—One-arm pushups - if I tried to max my reps out on these, I could probably get like 15 each arm if I tried, but that’d be it.
—Deadlifts, I never do anymore. I’ll randomly throw on 315 just for fun but even that bothers me. If I used straps and had a spine made of steel, I could probably get 365 conventional, maybe 375. August of 2018 I messed it up and had to go to physio for it. It got better ~June of last year so I’m a bit hesitant to really try it again.
—Pullups 5 x 6 w/ 40

Ik this isn’t what you asked for, but this is all I can show. Height: 5’11, weight: 180, armspan: 6’5-6’6