Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Check out this pimpmobile... buy or no buy?

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/8586z28.htm

Except where it's red, its actually black. Still has the gold trim on the bottom.

Specs:
1986 Camaro Z28
88,000 original miles, completely stock
5.0 305 V8, Tuned Port Injection (TPI)
Automatic transmission (yeah, I know :()
Two previous owners, no accidents, minor dent on passenger door
Little chipped paint on the front
Perfect interior, no tear
And.... POWER WINDOWS!:cool:

Sold as is for $2800, dealer's personal car.

Take or leave? Any opinions welcome.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
That in itself would make me say no. A 68 auto is weak...

edit: but for 2800 thats a pretty good deal...

It'll cost you a lot to make it into something decent so its hard to decide.

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know any girls (or guys) who would consider that a pimpmobile. It's too old &...well...it's a camaro.

Judging by your name I guess your into the 80s metal? Hey, I guess some girls are into that too. It might be cool to them?

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If I were you I wouldnt get it. Reason being first of all its the crappy 305. Those cars were slow as s***. If your insistent on getting a third gen F-body V8 at least get the 350 you will be much more satisfied. Also, the quality of third generation f-bodies is not that great. I know that the St Terese plant in Canada where they used to build f-bodies was completely updated with state of the art equipment back in 1993 for the 4th generation f-body. I would recommend something from 1993 or later. They are better in quality, power from the factory and in my personal opinion, looks. You can get like a 1993 Z28 for 2800 probably less with more miles on it.

And to the guy that said a camaro wont pick up chicks, that is completely false. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was referring to 80's camaros. (mine is much newer) When I am driving my camaro I literally have had girls flag me down so they could talk to me, tell me that my car is cool, ask for a ride etc. One time one girl sat in my car and she was like OMG this is awesome. Then she began grinding the seat and saying I am having sex with your car this is so awesome. I have more stories like that. The catch is, my car attracts the wrong kind of girls, usually skanks and sluts. Also, more dudes then girls want to check it out.

Dillinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
I think it's a great pimpmobile.

If it was still 1986.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Tempest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Delicious
If I were you I wouldnt get it. Reason being first of all its the crappy 305. Those cars were slow as s***. If your insistent on getting a third gen F-body V8 at least get the 350 you will be much more satisfied. Also, the quality of third generation f-bodies is not that great. I know that the St Terese plant in Canada where they used to build f-bodies was completely updated with state of the art equipment back in 1993 for the 4th generation f-body. I would recommend something from 1993 or later. They are better in quality, power from the factory and in my personal opinion, looks. You can get like a 1993 Z28 for 2800 probably less with more miles on it.

And to the guy that said a camaro wont pick up chicks, that is completely false. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was referring to 80's camaros. (mine is much newer) When I am driving my camaro I literally have had girls flag me down so they could talk to me, tell me that my car is cool, ask for a ride etc. One time one girl sat in my car and she was like OMG this is awesome. Then she began grinding the seat and saying I am having sex with your car this is so awesome. I have more stories like that. The catch is, my car attracts the wrong kind of girls, usually skanks and sluts. Also, more dudes then girls want to check it out.
Nice! Hey do you have any pictures of your car? What year is your Camaro?

Also.. I'd say that $2800 is an awesome deal for the car! I'd buy it anyways just as an investment. You could easily sell it for much more.

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont on this computer. Its a pewter 2000 SS camaro with several mods including a turbo ;) Right now its got some damage though. On the back quarter panel its slightly dented and on the front drivers side someone accidentally backed into me and scraped alot of paint off and smashed out the daytime running lamp. :(

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Specs:
1986 Camaro Z28
The Series 1 camaro's were sex on wheels. To bad its not an ss :cool:

I'd say get it if you got an extra 10k to turn it into something good.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Check out this pimpmobile... buy or no buy?

Originally posted by Vincent
The Series 1 camaro's were sex on wheels. To bad its not an ss :cool:

I'd say get it if you got an extra 10k to turn it into something good.
Jesus man, if I had 10K I wouldn't even be looking at this car!

$3000 is my spending cap. Period. I'm 16 years old.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Check out this pimpmobile... buy or no buy?

Jesus man, if I had 10K I wouldn't even be looking at this car!

$3000 is my spending cap. Period. I'm 16 years old.
Your gonna be spending a lot to maintain it if you want that car, its just how it goes.

Plus gas and insurance is gonna rape you.

Just get some beater if you need a car.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with the 305 TPI. If you have a little bit of elbow grease and some extra cash they can be made fast. They just need a bit of work. Don't forget 3rd gen f-bodies can handle really, REALLY well with minor chassis and suspension mods (I'm talking about pulling 1.2g+ in the corners with spending less than 1000 bucks).

I have a 4th gen Camaro, but I've always liked the 3rd gen f-bodies. I do think you could find a 4th gen (1993+) for around 3000 bucks. Look at a 95ish Camaro/Firebird with the 3.8L V6. Good on gas, decent power, all the looks of it's Z28 brethren. Plus you may be able to find a 5 speed, which are a lot of fun (most 3rd gen f-bodies never had a manual tranny option).

And whoever said Camaros don't pickup chicks is pretty stupid, 4th gen f-bodies have always been sexy cars.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/563755/1

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShizamDaMan
There's nothing wrong with the 305 TPI. If you have a little bit of elbow grease and some extra cash they can be made fast. They just need a bit of work. Don't forget 3rd gen f-bodies can handle really, REALLY well with minor chassis and suspension mods (I'm talking about pulling 1.2g+ in the corners with spending less than 1000 bucks).

I have a 4th gen Camaro, but I've always liked the 3rd gen f-bodies. I do think you could find a 4th gen (1993+) for around 3000 bucks. Look at a 95ish Camaro/Firebird with the 3.8L V6. Good on gas, decent power, all the looks of it's Z28 brethren. Plus you may be able to find a 5 speed, which are a lot of fun (most 3rd gen f-bodies never had a manual tranny option).

And whoever said Camaros don't pickup chicks is pretty stupid, 4th gen f-bodies have always been sexy cars.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/563755/1
5th gen :eng101:

Gen 1: 1967-1973(4)ish
Gen 2: 1975ish-1979
Gen 3: 1980ish-1987ish
Gen 4: 1988ish-1993ish
Gen 5: 1993ish-1997
Gen 6: 1998-2002 (rip)

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Specs:
1986 Camaro Z28
88,000 original miles, completely stock
5.0 305 V8, Tuned Port Injection (TPI)
Two previous owners, no accidents, minor dent on passenger door
Little chipped paint on the front
Perfect interior, no tear
And.... POWER WINDOWS!:cool:
Yeah, i'd buy. Camaros are good cars and if it's completely stock, maybe you could do a few things to the car. That is.... if you want to.... ;)

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
5th gen :eng101:

Gen 1: 1967-1973(4)ish
Gen 2: 1975ish-1979
Gen 3: 1980ish-1987ish
Gen 4: 1988ish-1993ish
Gen 5: 1993ish-1997
Gen 6: 1998-2002 (rip)
Your close sort of. I know Gen 1 starts in 1967 and Gen 2 ends in 1981. (I forgot where Gen 1 ends and Gen 2 begins) Gen 3 is from 1982 to 1992. Gen 4 is from 1993 to 2002. where you divide gen 5 and 6 are both Gen 4 they just look different and have different engines but still considered the same Generation. If you need proof go to LS1.com, ls1tech.com, camaroz28.com, ls2.com etc.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Delicious
Your close sort of. I know Gen 1 starts in 1967 and Gen 2 ends in 1981. (I forgot where Gen 1 ends and Gen 2 begins) Gen 3 is from 1982 to 1992. Gen 4 is from 1993 to 2002. where you divide gen 5 and 6 are both Gen 4 they just look different and have different engines but still considered the same Generation. If you need proof go to LS1.com, ls1tech.com, camaroz28.com, ls2.com etc.
Your forgetting about 2 gens in there.

I am 100% sure that gen 5 is up to 97, and gen 6 is 98. one of my friends has a 97 and another has a 98.

Camaro's were on gen 6 while vette's were still on 5.

This is according to motor trend, and every car nut I know. Your gaps are way to big. Though the change might not be as noticable in other cars like the vette, the generation is officially changed.

If you need proof, do some more research other than those sites. (IE:Motortrend, car and driver, etc, reputable magazines)

Cheers mate.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can Camaro's be on 6th generations when Corvettes were on 5th gen when the Vette came out before the Camaro? The Vette first came out in '53 and the Camaro first came out in '67.

Trust me man, 1993 and on were all known as 4th gen f-bodies. Just because the front fascia and the interior were slightly modified doesn't make them a whole new generation.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShizamDaMan
Just because the front fascia and the interior were slightly modified doesn't make them a whole new generation.
uhm, yes it does, thats exectly why its a new generation.

Well I know the truth, but you for some reason don't want believe me. Oh well, your loss.

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me man I own a camaro and I spend ALOT of free time reading up on them including car and driver and motor trend. I have never seen any magazine say there was anything past 4th generation. If you provide a link where motor trend or car and driver say there is a 5th and 6th gen camaro I will be happy to look at it.

Also you say 4th gen started in 1987 and ended in 1992. What is the difference between a 3rd gen and a 4th gen in your categories. They are exactly the same camaro from 1982-1992