Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Champagne tastes with beer budgets

JPFromTally

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you expect to dress well and get girls you're sadly mistaken. If you expect to dress well to feel more confident, which in turn gets girls, then you have a shot. However, budget and taste are two separate things. That's why I have come up with:

J.P.'s Alternative Guide to Looking Good
----------------------------------------

Yes, yes.. J.P. was once a poor college student too. My wardrobe is improving as I save more money from my better job. However, here are somet tips for getting the look without the cash.

Kenneth Cole Black Leather Jacket (a must this winter) = INC from Macy's or Old Navy Leather jacket is pretty nice for @$150.

Cole Haan/Kenneth Cole leather shoes with at least 1.25 inch heel on back = Robert Wayne/GBX/Tommy. @50-90.

Coach Belt = Nautica belts @20.

Banana Republic Stretch shirts = Gap stretch usually cheaper.

Banana Republic V-neck merona wool sweater = Believe it or not Target has some nice sweaters that look identical. May not be same quality but hey...

Ralp Lauren Ribbed Turtleneck = Old Navy ribbed turtleneck $22.

also
-----

- Guess or Fossil tank watch.
- If you can't afford $80 bucks for Emporio Armani cologne (which is the shiat) then go for Gap Blue. For some reason girls like this even though its cheap. You might disagree but thats what a bunch of girls I know told me.
- And for goodness sakes man... get rid of them white tube socks and get yourself some decent Timberland socks or something.

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Emporio Armani? New shhit? $80 for how many ounces?

Plus,

good clothes = good self-image = positive outlook = confidence = engaging behavior = successful approaches = successful closes = dates = getting girls

or

good clothes = getting girls

[This message has been edited by BGC (edited 12-15-2000).]

BigBadJon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JPFromTally:
If you expect to dress well and get girls you're sadly mistaken. If you expect to dress well to feel more confident, which in turn gets girls, then you have a shot.
This is key and most people fail to realize it. Same goes for having money. It isn't always the money that attracts women to you, it's the attitude conveyed when you know that you are a successful person.

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigBadJon:
It isn't always the money that attracts women to you, it's the attitude conveyed when you know that you are a successful person.

True, true. But they -- money and the attitude that you convey -- often go so much hand in hand that they are one in the same.

Exceptions abound, so I could take a multi-millionaire, dress him to the nines, and put him in a club, but if he's never been with a woman and he's a blithering, nervous wreck, he ain't getting no ass.

So no one -- at least I don't -- says that this thing, or that thing, or the other thing WILL get you laid no matter hell or high water. But some things will increase your odds -- sometimes dramatically. Clothing, I think, is one of those things.

Ralfus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A strong personality is the key. But looking good also helps.

Ralfus

------------------
Ralfus' Home Page - Better than sex?.............No..Not really.