Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Certain career fields require a certain determination/ambition

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doctors, Firefighters, Law Enforcement (local, state, Federal), Military (Career), pilots, musicians and perhaps teachers.

I was always curious about what motivated people to choose these professions.

I think most people in these professions belong to a lucky select few who knew what they wanted to do as a career when they were in high school or as young as 10 or even 5.

What do these careers have in common? They are all high stress and require alot of passion and commitment.

Most people don't have a light bulb go off in college or after "You know, being a cop might be cool, maybe I'll try it". No, most of those in law enforcement wanted that career field since they were kids or they are continuing a family tradition.

I would say the other 75% didn't really have that passion/zeal to know what we wanted as a career and our current careers happened by chance or a slight curiosity.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
doctor very stressful.For me navy couldnt get in bad eye sight alot easier than you think musician depends on who you ask

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
doctor very stressful.For me navy couldnt get in bad eye sight alot easier than you think musician depends on who you ask
Well musician isn't stressful per se, but you have to be very passionate about what you do to be a good musician.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My local police departments only require a high school diploma. Many of the officers are college student age. Idk if the state requires a 2 year degree or not for troopers, certainly not a 4 year. College degrees are much more likely to be held among federal level police. I think the fbi requires a 4 year degree. The secret service places value on higher ed, too. A guy I knew in law school became a secret service agent instead of a lawyer.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I never wanted to be a cop, never even tough about it. But at age 30 a buddy of mine and I were starting to drift apart and not hang much. He wanted to be a cop and talked me into joining the Auxiliary Police with him so it could be something to do together. For me it was never supposed to be a career, just something fun to do with him. After a year or so he stopped going to most Auxiliary activities, but I went at it full force, couldn't get enough. A year after that they said they wanted to send me to academy and make me a sworn officer. I said "Wow I am humbled but I never really thought of myself as being a sworn officer". The Police Chief said "We know, and that's exactly why we think you would make a good one. Most of the best cops are ones who you wouldn't think would ever be a cop".. That was me all right, an I.T. Geek who doesn't look or act like your stereotypical cop. But I've done well at it and it will be part of my blood for life.

Serenity

Reaction score
I ended up being trained as an industrial firefighter more or less by chance. I did dream of working around dangerous and interesting chemicals though, that's what I do today. I work as a process operator, but if the alarm goes off I have to go into the action. I'm happy I personally only had to respond to one actual emergency in the past 10 years. Going into a raging fire or acid spraying everywhere is just fun, finding an injured or dead person is what I fear most and is the most stressful part of it.

I do not envy those who have a job where they get to see that first hand frequently.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Both logical and serenity are in leader hero careers.

Good picking them for mods.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My local police departments only require a high school diploma. Many of the officers are college student age. Idk if the state requires a 2 year degree or not for troopers, certainly not a 4 year. College degrees are much more likely to be held among federal level police. I think the fbi requires a 4 year degree. The secret service places value on higher ed, too. A guy I knew in law school became a secret service agent instead of a lawyer.
My hometown in NJ, cops need a four year degree. State Police used to be a four year degree, but now it's either a bachelor's and/or an Associates with Military service.

A friend of the family is a US Marshal and I don't think he went to college.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cant really tell much about many of those but I can tell for sure that 90% of women deciding to be teachers are looking for a power trip over people that cant fight back, better yet if they are kids.

The guys that didnt get laid in high school and join the police cause they are pissed off at least have the balls to face dangerous criminals while they blow some steam.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who wanted to be a cop when I was a teenager I can tell you do not trust someone who wants to be a cop when they are a teenager. I was an azzhole who had a chip on my shoulder and wanted to prove something. A lot of cop junkies turned cops are the same way.

The dude who used to smoke a lot of weed in high school makes a far better cop when he gets older than the guy who doesn't. At least they're normal.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never wanted to be a cop, never even tough about it. But at age 30 a buddy of mine and I were starting to drift apart and not hang much. He wanted to be a cop and talked me into joining the Auxiliary Police with him so it could be something to do together. For me it was never supposed to be a career, just something fun to do with him. After a year or so he stopped going to most Auxiliary activities, but I went at it full force, couldn't get enough. A year after that they said they wanted to send me to academy and make me a sworn officer. I said "Wow I am humbled but I never really thought of myself as being a sworn officer". The Police Chief said "We know, and that's exactly why we think you would make a good one. Most of the best cops are ones who you wouldn't think would ever be a cop".. That was me all right, an I.T. Geek who doesn't look or act like your stereotypical cop. But I've done well at it and it will be part of my blood for life.
congrats where are you at?Dm me sometime

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
from what I can see most for police is either power perceived who they get with the work or weapon permit (remember not all country permit normal pop to have weapons), for army ,mostly uniform, they find cool to use or is easy way to live (good pay and don't really to think much likes to follow orders because of it).

lawyer most just don't like math, and not all who do college really follow the carrer, in some cases police high ranking require college degree on law, fire fighters are odd balls

teachers its goes for like to hear they own voices to they really like to teach people things, the one who like to teach you can see a huge effort in doing so even if they are not that good, the ones who just want the power trip you can see are bad, they make things harder then they should just to see the student squirm.

doctors are who want money and normally they parents(at least one) are a doctor so they want to keep the same life style and since they have money they can pay for the tuition for it

that is of course what I saw the most there is always that one who don't follow this rule

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the doctor profession has changed alot have gone into medical sales to pay off loans/ travel/ and awesome bonuses cops?well that varies male dominated but big city cops will always be hated on vs military and other law enforcement official bottom line do what you love and use common sense which is not so common