Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you suggest me a 4 days split

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with working legs more frequently, I usually went back and forth between doing multiple leg days during the week and doing legs only once a week...

Typically when I was doing heavier compound movements like squats and deadlifts it was once a week and when I was doing leg presses and other stuff like hamstring curls and leg extensions I would split it up into quads and hamstrings/calves.
I think of leg day as testosterone day, I hit legs twice a week starting with Bulgarians, squats, lunges, hip thrust, calf raise (alternate seated and standing). RDL twice a week on pull day.

I was doing PPLPPLrest now I'm doing PPLrestPPL - I feel good going into each workout. I think full body 3x per week might be optimum but not sure I can hit all the muscles I want to hit in a full body, each work out already takes me 90 min.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I think of leg day as testosterone day, I hit legs twice a week starting with Bulgarians, squats, lunges, hip thrust, calf raise (alternate seated and standing). RDL twice a week on pull day.

I was doing PPLPPLrest now I'm doing PPLrestPPL - I feel good going into each workout. I think full body 3x per week might be optimum but not sure I can hit all the muscles I want to hit in a full body, each work out already takes me 90 min.
I was never a fan of longer workouts. I prefer shorter more intense ones with minimal rest periods. 45 minutes max was my goal, preferably 30-35 minutes.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
for years, I struggled to gain lean mass, only to find out that I was not resting enough. Several years ago, I had an injury that forced me to chill for about three months. When I started again, I did about half of the volume I used to I gained 15 pounds of lean mass in six months. Remember guys you need to rest.

I used to run Gironda 8x8's twice a day for 6 weeks at a time with 12 weeks off doing other lower rep workouts to prevent CNS burnout in between them for a year...very short rest periods of 15-30 seconds between the 2 back to back exercises you picked for each group.

Other than the Pro Football workouts my trainer had me doing for a while, definitely the most intense workouts I have ever done.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
for years, I struggled to gain lean mass, only to find out that I was not resting enough. Several years ago, I had an injury that forced me to chill for about three months. When I started again, I did about half of the volume I used to I gained 15 pounds of lean mass in six months. Remember guys you need to rest.
Gaining muscle was never the problem for me. I have a wide frame, huge shoulders and pack on muscle easily. I also hold onto muscle far better than most. Even after not lifting for a year or so when I was recovering from surgery, my shoulders still were big and much of the muscle mass I gained was still there.

Losing bodyfat is always the fight for me.

That's valid tho...people need to do what works for their bodytype.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
At 5’9” I’m hovering around 200lbs depending on what i ate and drank in the past 24 hours. This most likely puts me in the top 10% for my age. It’s a good place to be.

Gaining muscle was never the problem for me. I have a wide frame, huge shoulders and pack on muscle easily. I also hold onto muscle far better than most. Even after not lifting for a year or so when I was recovering from surgery, my shoulders still were big and much of the muscle mass I gained was still there.

Losing bodyfat is always the fight for me.

That's valid tho...people need to do what works for their bodytype.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it didnt do much to me in terms of size and aesthetics.
If it's size and aesthetics you're concerned about, that's bodybuilding....

You'll need to eat, train, sleep like bodybuilders.

For 4 days a week, you could do Legs/Push/Pull/Arms. Many guys need a dedicated arm day to gain size.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too bad your body hates gear, as you could have had stage potential. Alas, when people talk genetically gifted, the resistance to side effects of gear is also a genetic gift.