Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bodybuilding (clean) and golf/basketball

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
has anyone found a good way to stay limber for golf or basketball while gaining muscle mass? I feel like I have to relearn my golf swing and jump shot one every few weeks now.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can only speak for golf. I am a 2 handicap and played my entire life.... the only way my swing doesn’t go to hell when putting on size is to hit balls almost every day. I once bulked over the winter and put on 30 not so clean pounds. My game was a mess all summer. I would think the same with jump shots... if you can take a few each day your body will adapt easier to the new size.

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can only speak for golf. I am a 2 handicap and played my entire life.... the only way my swing doesn’t go to hell when putting on size is to hit balls almost every day. I once bulked over the winter and put on 30 not so clean pounds. My game was a mess all summer. I would think the same with jump shots... if you can take a few each day your body will adapt easier to the new size.
Thanks, I do try to get there a couple times a week. Might need to escalate.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can’t get to the range... look into the super speed program. It’s a great way to get swings in and keep your flexibility plus gain club head speed. I usually do the program twice a week.

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can’t get to the range... look into the super speed program. It’s a great way to get swings in and keep your flexibility plus gain club head speed. I usually do the program twice a week.
I will look into it. I am taking some time off of work and getting in shape (muscle and cardio) is my priority, with golf #2(18 holes one or twice a week, range 2x a week). I am a high handicapper but improving dramatically in my short game(thanks to the Phil Mickelson video and a TaylorMade Spider clone putter) even while my long and intermediate irons are getting progressively worse due to the added muscle, shoulder strain, and increasingly awkward swing. Last night at the range I just stuck to pitching and chipping bc it got so bad swinging the heavies.

Warning!

Do not subscribe to The SoSuave Newsletter unless you are already a chick magnet!

The information in each issue of The SoSuave Newsletter is too powerful for most guys to handle. If you are an ordinary guy, it is not for you. It is meant for the elite few. Not the unwashed masses.

If you know you can handle it...

If you already have girls calling you at all hours of the day and night, showing up at your door, throwing themselves at you everywhere you go...

Then sign up below.

But if you're just an average Joe, an ordinary guy, no one special – then skip this. It is not for you.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
has anyone found a good way to stay limber for golf or basketball while gaining muscle mass? I feel like I have to relearn my golf swing and jump shot one every few weeks now.
Basketball would eat up a lot of muscle! You're going to have to eat as much protein as possible and don't max out your basketball time... The body adapts to what it does.

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What’s your body type? Are you an endomorph?

Im ectomorph. 5’7. I can’t stay over 170. My true weight always stays around 160-165 when I’m in peak cardio shape (~10% body fat)
I was an ectomorph until i started bodybuilding. I hit mesomorph at around 26 yo through early 30s. Im either a mesomorph or endomorph now. I was 180 before covid and ballooned as high as 230.

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so it turned out my problem isnt flexibility per se. My chest and biceps are too large and as I gain mass they have been incrementally forcing my left arm to bend as I bring it across my chest. My temporary fix for the longer clubs has been to adjust my swing to overemphasize the hips. It works ok. I am going to need to make a decisions eventually on priorities.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was an ectomorph until i started bodybuilding. I hit mesomorph at around 26 yo through early 30s. Im either a mesomorph or endomorph now. I was 180 before covid and ballooned as high as 230.
Your body type is based on genetic bone structure. You can’t change it just by training. For example, Ulysses Williams is still an ectomorph, no matter how jacked he gets.

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your body type is based on genetic bone structure. You can’t change it just by training. For example, Ulysses Williams is still an ectomorph, no matter how jacked he gets.
it changed over time as my metabolism slowed down. I dont know what my bone structure is but I know my physique.

Put away your credit card.

You can now read our detailed guide to women and dating for free - Right Here!