Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Birth of a goofy player

goofy player

Reaction score
Last week I stumbled across this site and I have found it to be fascinating, inspiring, and enlightening. All my life I have been a dismal failure with women, and I could never figure out why. I have always thought of myself as being intelligent, decent-looking and being blessed with a wicked sense of humor. And during the past year I have been working at a job that has forced me to become more confident and assertive, and as a result my mind has become stronger and I have much greater control over my emotions than I used to. But I could never quite put it all together. And it drove me nuts.
However, after reading your posts for hours on end and letting them sink in, I now feel as if I've spent my entire adult life walking around with my head lodged tightly up my a$$. If I told you some of the boneheaded moves I pulled with women you all would f***ing TORCH me. And rightfully so. When I think of some of the stupid AFC (as you call it) crap I did in the past, part of me wants to just beat my head against the wall over and over, but no. I've always tried to look at past mistakes as being learning experiences.
You guys have really opened up my eyes. I have been trying out your advice on an experimental basis, and so far the results have been encouraging. I haven't gone for any numbers yet, but I have been carrying myself with more confidence and authority and projecting the ****y and funny attitude, and I've noticed that women are starting to check me out and even smile at me. And dammit, why didn't anyone ever tell me how much f**king FUN this can be???
I have also decided that I will never again think of myself as being a big, goofy kid (perhaps this was the source of my problem?) and instead I will from now on think of myself as being a confident, strong, and intelligent MAN with a great sense of humor and who's not afraid to show his goofy side when appropriate. And since I made that decision I have noticed that my co-workers have been treating me with a lot more respect.
I have tempered my initial enthusiasm with cautious optimism. I understand that this will take some time to learn and I will make mistakes on the way, but I have learned not to back down from a challenge and I know I will eventually succeed. I understand that you all can be brutal at times (and necessarily so), but I also think that it's really cool that you are willing to share your tactics and philosophies in order to help less enlightened people improve their lives.

I am awaiting your barrage of flaming arrows with my chest out and my head held high.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would I flame?

I was a royal AFC for years, I'm not gonna flame. Every mistake I made was a brutal one, but a learning experience. I took back my first gf many, many years ago after she cheated on me because I didn't think I deserved anything better. Oh yeah, she was about a 3, not nice, mean-spirited, and self-centered. How she got married I'll never know. But I was a walking, talking, breathing AFC.

I got out of AFCdom only a few years ago. A lot of us here have been one so no reason to flame.

Yeah it's fun meeting, greeting, hitting on women. Why weren't you told this before you ask? Well, because perhaps your dad was an AFC, or maybe not an AFC but a guy who didn't understand it all. He was probably old school. Most parents never tell their kids about dating or how to be cool.

Add an AFC society that tells us to buy out the floral store before first dates and to give diamonds on the second date, and basically you're screwed for life ... unless you find sosuave.com. And you found it!

No reason at all to beat yourself up. You understand the old you, the AFC you, now time to move forward.

Welcome to sosuave.com, but most importantly, welcome to a new way of living ... it's a much, much better way to be.

P.S. Read a lot of the DJ Bible, you'll be glad you did. Also read the Hall of Fame articles from the main page, they're priceless.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the best thing this site will teach its to not be a ***** and just go out and have some fun.

TrickyD

Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest thing about this site is the advice. Not just on not being an AFC but on how to look at your interactions with women differently....

Although I still make some of the same AFC mistakes, but the difference here is that I can learn from them now and not wallow in self-pity.

Hang in there and best of luck in a new, worthwhile adventure!