Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

best workout for shoulders, lateral delts specificaly

nibun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm doing some routines to get big guns, and right now, my shoulders, especially the lateral deltoids, needs some serious muscle. What workout would you guys recommend to really focus on this area to develope it the fastest?

I'm experimenting with cable lateral raises, cable upright row, and the lever lateral raise machine. Any thoughts on these or other exercises?

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried everything and can't seem to build delts for anything. My best results have come from arnold presses but even those are slow going. All I can say is be patient. As long as you stay consistent you'll have more muscle next year than you did this year.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by nibun
Hi guys, I'm doing some routines to get big guns, and right now, my shoulders, especially the lateral deltoids, needs some serious muscle. What workout would you guys recommend to really focus on this area to develope it the fastest?

I'm experimenting with cable lateral raises, cable upright row, and the lever lateral raise machine. Any thoughts on these or other exercises?
Good luck building any serious muscle efficiently using machines... here's a list of good shoulder developers:

Military Press
Arnold Press
Push Press
Jerk
Push Jerk
Two-DB clean and jerks

If you want the big traps to go with the big shoulders, BB power cleans and hang cleans are great.

nibun

Don Juan
Reaction score
IronG: the exercises you listed work mainly the front deltoids. Since you're against machines, how do you think of db upright rows, db lateral raises, and db lying lateral raises?

Army_of_One

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had great results on the Deltoids with a simple but effective attack every time I train them. I usually start with DB Front Raises and Lateral Raises. I like to do them before shoulder presses because the pressing will fatigue the triceps. I think the best for the lateral(side) is the lateral raise or the 90 degree lateral raise.

I don't always do it in that order and I do other exercises for the shoulders, but they are all done in the 3-8 rep range with good form.

Try this to start out

DB Front Raises x3
DB Lateral Raises or 90 degree lateral raises x3
DB or Military Press x4
Upright DB or Barbell Row x4

Peace and good luck

nibun

Don Juan
Reaction score
IronG: what's "RC"?

Army: What's the 90 degree lat raise? How's that different from the "regular" lat raise?

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best exercise I've ever used for side delts was a lying side lateral raise, using a 45 degree bench.

chalk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good website that would give you instructions on how to do all these strange sounding excersises? with pictures? i've got know idea what most of these are, and definatley no idea how to go about doing them.

?