Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best city for good looking guy with average income

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the best city for a single guy 28 that is not swimming in money? I do pretty well with women in Los Angeles but the fact that la is a ****hole makes me question if I should spend by prime years here when there are so many other beautiful place.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the best city for a single guy 28 that is not swimming in money? I do pretty well with women in Los Angeles but the fact that la is a ****hole makes me question if I should spend by prime years here when there are so many other beautiful place.
In most situation finding women should not be a factor to consider when you are thinking of moving.

Imo
Dont find excuse, assume and be better

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LA is a very big city. If your not doing good with women there, moving somewhere else isnt going to fix your problem.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
A loser will always seek to put blame elsewhere.

Right now its LA.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, go back and read the post before vomiting out your stock Sosuave cliches.

OP said he does well with women but wants to move to a nicer city because LA is garbage.

He didn't say he was moving for women, or that he's not pulling them, or that he blames LA for romantic issues, which he did not claim to have anyway.

He's asking for recs for cities as a young guy with modest income.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

OP said he does well with women but wants to move to a nicer city because LA is garbage.

He didn't say he was moving for women, or that he's not pulling them, or that he blames LA for romantic issues, which he did not claim to have anyway.

Title says differently.

Imo chose city for work not for women specially when younger.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Title says differently.

Imo chose city for work not for women specially when younger.
That is your inference...the title mentions nothing about women.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is your inference...the title mentions nothing about women.
Holy **** you are right possible title was edited?

Anyway either way my recommendation is find a place where you can make lots of $$ even of its a **** hole, you can move with your pocket full when you are older.
The older you get, the harder pursuing good professional job and the harder it is to.move also.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score

You're biased and so am I.

The difference between us is that any where I go I thrive while you left not only ur city but ur country because you didn't.

Ain't my fault that you can't.

Ain't my fault that I can.

Of course I'm teaching OP to surpass his limits.....

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're biased and so am I.

The difference between us is that any where I go I thrive while you left not only ur city but ur country because you didn't.

Ain't my fault that you can't.

Ain't my fault that I can.

Of course I'm teaching OP to surpass his limits.....
I didn't start this thread and I don't care if anyone moves or not. Cut that out.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the post he mentions he does well with women, obviously it's a significant consideration.

Also, we have known Captain for a long time, I mean we have all posted here for years. We know what he is into.
I don't know him. But if he mentions he does well with women, to me it sounds like that's not an issue or criterion. Eye of the beholder I guess.

There are just a lot of stock answers to threads on Sosuave that don't pass the logic test. E.g. every place is the same, just work on you and your attitude. I'm all for self-improvement and positive attitudes. But if the OP were trying to move from Syria to Seattle, people would tell him it's all the same. Of course. That's why the world laughs at Bob Dylan; he just couldn't hack life in Minnesota. To say nothing of your navy volunteers. Everybody's different, some people stay in one place their whole lives and good for them if that's what's in their hearts.

OP wants to move, he made that part clear. He didn't ask for spiritual help. There's some intellectual dishonesty on SoSuave sometimes. Personally I think LA is kind of a dump overall, but I'd take it over Fargo.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s the intent that matters. Instead of challenging himself to make more money he wants to go somewhere where he would be considered not average. Well it doesn’t work that way. There is something called an economy. Some places don’t have the prices of LA but they don’t have the jobs either.

I actually know a guy like him. Moves out of California and left his 200k a year job for a smaller city and more modest income. He still complains about the cost of living. Unfortunately no one in his new city wants to pay him 200k to do the same job.

And now he wants to go back because at least Cali has the lights and glamour.
That's a fair point. It sounded to me like he hated LA. Maybe we're all reading into it how we want. I know that priorities change, and quality of life matters (which again is relative). I moved and I technically make less now, but I have a lot more and live a lot better. Am much happier. But it was simply because my priorities changed. I wouldn't move back for double my old salary.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a fair point. It sounded to me like he hated LA. Maybe we're all reading into it how we want. I know that priorities change, and quality of life matters (which again is relative). I moved and I technically make less now, but I have a lot more and live a lot better. Am much happier. But it was simply because my priorities changed. I wouldn't move back for double my old salary.
that is the thing, most citys are the same, only change is maybe one ahve a higher number of buildings, but where I live its close to several small town to medium and to the biggest city in my country a hour of car, thing is saving for maybe a fancy building in a noble zone or a better transport system, the diferences are minimum.

only time I question if I should move is when the traffic gets bad, since it was not this bad about 5 years ago, but that is more logistic for me, in the end the cahnges are minimum.

then we come to the main problem, he want to change because woman, and that is never a reason, plus the place is subjetive, some people would love LA some hate, its all about how well you live and waht you preceive as good.

I know US people tend to not create roots till they settle, parents and family in general is not something you guys like to stay close, but changing a city should be based on job and what kind of work you want to do, a high tech job would be easier to land in a big city when in a small it could be non existant, so before he ask anything, he should search for jobs he want to do, and see if they will ahve then, then ask what city town would be better or if he should stay.

note I never would consider woman as a good thing to move or based in any reason for moving

Suave88

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some poetry by Cavafy

The City

You said: “I’ll go to another country, go to another shore,
find another city better than this one.
Whatever I try to do is fated to turn out wrong
and my heart lies buried like something dead.
How long can I let my mind moulder in this place?
Wherever I turn, wherever I look,
I see the black ruins of my life, here,
where I’ve spent so many years, wasted them, destroyed them totally.”

You won’t find a new country, won’t find another shore.
This city will always pursue you.
You’ll walk the same streets, grow old
in the same neighborhoods, turn gray in these same houses.
You’ll always end up in this city. Don’t hope for things elsewhere:
there’s no ship for you, there’s no road.
Now that you’ve wasted your life here, in this small corner,
you’ve destroyed it everywhere in the world.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't start this thread and I don't care if anyone moves or not. Cut that out.
If you don't care then why bother posting in this thread.

Anyhow if u r projecting ur own dismal experiences with life and expecting others like OP to copy paste it to theirs, that would be sad.

Perhaps it is you who should cut that out.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LA is a sh!thole and california taxes are insane. I left the state 7 years ago and would have to get paid a very large amount of money to live there again, way over cost of living. I moved to WA and the lack of a state income tax can be felt in the pocket. As an american you have extremely rare luxury of changing what laws you want to live under to your own benefit.

I've also looked at moving because people have dyed their hair purple too often, and drank so much soy that it's screwed with their brains. The weather also sucks for half the year. But this place is so beautiful I can't think of anywhere else I want to move.

Detroit might actually be a good bet at some point in the near future if you can put up with the weather there. And california might even become cheap again when the state finally goes bankrupt.

jimmy_scandal

Banned
Reaction score
This thread is so random and fvcking useless because of all of the fake alpha male posturing and sh1tposting. At least alvafe posted something useful...

....but part of the problem is how vague your post is. "Not swimming in money" could mean anything. Instead of just calling LA a sh1thole, at least help yourself and others out by offering up a barebones list of traits that you think make a city desirable.