Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bench pressing bodyweight ?

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it standard as a weightlifter or is it an achievement? If so, how much reps should I corporate?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean bench pressing 90kg if you happen to be yourself 90kg?

Let's say it's the bare minimum for an intermediate to bench press your own bodyweight at least once.

Best I managed to was to do it 10 times but then I moved to higher weights for shorter reps, it was done mostly for autistic purposes.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it standard as a weightlifter or is it an achievement? If so, how much reps should I corporate?
Rep your bodyweight 10x is an achievable marker where you would be considered relatively strong. Could take a few years depending where you are starting at, genetics and how you effectively train.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd echo another post and say being able to bench your own bodyweight for 5+ reps is respectable enough but not particularly strong or noteworthy. Once you get into the 1.5x bodyweight range, it's fairly impressive.

I am 170lbs and I can do about 3-5 reps at 205 at my best. If I was able to do 250 or so for 5 reps, at my current weight, that would be pretty damn good.

2x bodyweight for bench is close to an elite level imo.

Last edited:

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean bench pressing 90kg if you happen to be yourself 90kg?

Let's say it's the bare minimum for an intermediate to bench press your own bodyweight at least once.

Best I managed to was to do it 10 times but then I moved to higher weights for shorter reps, it was done mostly for autistic purposes.
Did you retain muscle even after going for heavyweight low reps?

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd echo another post and say being able to bench your own bodyweight for 5+ reps is respectable enough but not particularly strong or noteworthy. Once you get into the 1.5x bodyweight range, it's fairly impressive.

I am 170lbs and I can do about 3-5 reps at 205 at my best. If I was able to do 250 or so for 5 reps, at my current weight, that would be pretty damn good.

Its my progressive overload and I'm getting close to reaching my bodyweight. Problem is the soreness and fatigue that affects my daily function

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score

So bodyweight press for x13 for reps is not healthy?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you retain muscle even after going for heavyweight low reps?
I moved to 6 reps and 4 reps not to 1max, I also still do volume on that range while I get close to the big lifts.

Never been a fan of pure strenght training like to those guys doing the 3x5 or stuff like that.

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I moved to 6 reps and 4 reps not to 1max, I also still do volume on that range while I get close to the big lifts.

Never been a fan of pure strenght training like to those guys doing the 3x5 or stuff like that.
I just wanna get toned with mass as a natural

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Static holds were without a doubt one of the most prized tools in my tool box for size and strength gains. Very few people do them but almost everyone could benefit from them.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Do people with shorter arms have a natural advantage when benching?
Sort of. It all depends on the hinge point of the movement, so people with shorter arms naturally have a better hinge point usually, but some people with short arms don't and some people with long arms do. Generalized tho, yes, short people have better hinge points with the motion than longer armed people.