Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being attractive doesn't help you get a LTR

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems it only helps with women who want short flings, who are on the rebound or who want to cheat on their husbands.

Im no GQ model, but atleast a 7.5, tall, all my hair and lean. I look about 5-7 years younger than my age. I'm 39.

This one girl i hooked up with years ago, her current LTR is ugly or atleast uglier than her (shes a solid 7, hes a 5)

I see plenty of guys have LTR with women who are definitely dating up.

I can hook up no problem, but it seems hard to get a gf.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Looks get you in the door. Frame decides how long it lasts; that being, how long she wants to keep you and also how long you want to keep her and what you will put up with before cutting her loose. I've dated up, down, and equal throughout my life. And I've given the boot to women who were a step or two up from me as far as looks go. I'm in a LTR now and not sure where it's gonna go. When/if it's over I'm gonna take a break from "dating" and go strictly with a FWB. Women are tiring me out. They just aren't worth the trouble anymore.

Serenity

Reaction score
If I buy something pretty I'm super excited the first few weeks. If it has no function it sits there collecting dust and getting ignored after that.

If I buy something useful and especially if it is capable of providing endless fun and entertainment I'm never letting it go.

I'm sure you see my point.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be worth keeping around then. Obviously to them you aren't. Figure out why that is and do something about it.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be worth keeping around then. Obviously to them you aren't. Figure out why that is and do something about it.
Correct. The only way to keep a woman long term is if she believes you are the best she can do, and you meet ALL her needs. If you a physically attractive she will be interested, but if her needs include financial security... and you don't meet her requirements in that area... well she will fvck you, but that's it.

Whether or not you are "worth keeping around" really has nothing to do with you, it's her. For example: If she makes more money than you, she will ALWAYS be looking for someone that is better than her. If she's better looking than you, she will always look for someone better looking than you... if this is what meets her needs.

Not sure why any man would want to do this, but to each his own... If you are looking form an exclusive relationship... be the best you can be and the women that are interested in what you can offer will make things easy for you. Where dudes screw up is they end up pursuing chicks that really are not interested in them. Ignore all the PUA bvllsh!t... you can not get any woman you want, you can only attract chicks that are interested in what you have to offer. Don;t waste time on low interest b!tches... they will only use you until another dude they are REALLY interested in comes along.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
..if her needs include financial security... and you don't meet her requirements in that area... well she will fvck you, but that's it.
So, is meeting her financial security a prerequisite to emotional attachment? I wonder about that when after 2+ months of dating it feels just like a FWB , low IL, and games act.
If she makes more money than you, she will ALWAYS be looking for someone that is better than her.
That has been my experience as well. I had equal interest level in a nine year LTR until she got a huge salary boost and a side responsibility promotion that also added income % onto her salary. Her interest level plummeted in me when she realized I didn't have the potential to elevate past my salary cap. The separation/divorce came hard and fast after she realized all of that. The guy that replaced me is beta as they come, but I gather, makes more financially than me in the interim.
Where dudes screw up is they end up pursuing chicks that really are not interested in them. Ignore all the PUA bvllsh!t... you can not get any woman you want, you can only attract chicks that are interested in what you have to offer. Don;t waste time on low-interest b!tches... they will only use you until another dude they are REALLY interested in comes along.
Yeah, just like @Tenacity says often... They'll keep you in the wings or will spoon feed sechs until they have found a better branch to jump onto. It really is all about what you can offer them until a bigger, better deal drops in their lap.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Seems it only helps with women who want short flings, who are on the rebound or who want to cheat on their husbands..
The vast majority of women on the market are only good for short term relations. Despite the comments/responses you are getting in this thread.......take it from me......IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT. It's not something you are doing wrong, something you didn't do, a particular tie you didn't wear, a particular c0cky/funny line you didn't use, or any of that silly shyt.

Women of today's market are only good for short term relations. The less than 1% of women that are good for some sort of decent longer term relationship, are usually already IN said longer term relationship or if they are on the market.....your luck in finding them is similar to the poor welfare mother's "luck" in winning the Lottery.

In a nutshell.......if the chick is single and on the market, 99.5% of the time she's only going to be good for short term relations. And it's NOT your fault. If you are attracting women then you have DONE what you are supposed to do, it's the bytches that are the ones who are OUT of their mind and you have no control over that.

You are just going to have to get used to the new marketplace.

Last edited:

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
It does help, because women adapt their other standards around it.

It's one of many factors. Either extreme of "it's all about looks" or "it's not about looks" is just wrong.

It's attention grabbing, but life's just more nuanced.

@Tenacity , "feminism turns women into mere sex objects", as Bonecracker would say.
Yeah, if you ask me, the following pretty much summarizes the GAME today:

- Fix your looks, personality, and finances to the best of your ability now, and always strive to continue developing them.

- Setup a system to meet lots of women.

- Build a rotation of plates that you have today and keep managing your system so when a plate falls off, instead of chasing her, you just replace her.

- Continue doing that until you DIE/get too old to do it (over 60 yrs old).......OR.....unless you happen to run across a unicorn bytch that makes you might want to settle down, commit, and get into some sort of LTR.

That's pretty much it. Following this routine doesn't make you MGTOW, because MGTOWs want to fall off the face of the planet, not make money, and not deal with women period....which is pretty STUPID if you ask me. There's no way in hell I'm about to go through life not making as much money as possible and not fvcking women.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Wait, how can OP deduce from a lot of failed short term relationship that he is attractive?

Maybe he is boring them? Where does he take them?

Just take it one date at a time, don't ask for commitments, and don't commit yourself.

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
Seems it only helps with women who want short flings, who are on the rebound or who want to cheat on their husbands.

Im no GQ model, but atleast a 7.5, tall, all my hair and lean. I look about 5-7 years younger than my age. I'm 39.

This one girl i hooked up with years ago, her current LTR is ugly or atleast uglier than her (shes a solid 7, hes a 5)

I see plenty of guys have LTR with women who are definitely dating up.

I can hook up no problem, but it seems hard to get a gf.
I agree with this an also with @logicallefty

Noticing the same thing. I'm above average looking and easily pass for 20's even though I'm in my early 30's. I've never had problems getting in the door with women. I post about this all the time. Getting women is EASY. But LTR's are impossible. Never had one last longer than a year. Some I ended and some I got dumped. And now I have MONEY to boot. But the dynamic hasn't really changed.

And I had a lot more patience and tolerance to work through relationship BS in my 20's. Now I have a very low tolerance for dysfunction. I find women stop being "fun" after three months or whenever the sex stops being exciting. Which ever comes first. After that you're just going through the motions because its more convenient than starting fresh. Eh..

On top of that.. the guys I know who are in LTR's don't seem to be any happier than they were when single or compared to single men I know. Just seems like having a GF or wife is a thing you do. Like painting the kitchen or doing laundry. Nothing exciting or terrible. Just a thing. And every time I hang out with them their GF or wife calls them to talk sh*t or ask some stupid question and its clear they would rather ignore the call, but they take it because they know what will happen if they don't.

A lot of guys in LTR's just seem like p*ssies. I want to be in a LTR, but I will never be a p*ssy. Maybe that's why I can't/won't keep a woman.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I found that my last LTR made me weaker. I got out of the game even though I was working out.

That said, in my last relationship the sex got better and better and things ended suddenly so I'm not sure how good it could have got.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with this an also with @logicallefty

Noticing the same thing. I'm above average looking and easily pass for 20's even though I'm in my early 30's. I've never had problems getting in the door with women. I post about this all the time. Getting women is EASY. But LTR's are impossible. Never had one last longer than a year. Some I ended and some I got dumped. And now I have MONEY to boot. But the dynamic hasn't really changed.

And I had a lot more patience and tolerance to work through relationship BS in my 20's. Now I have a very low tolerance for dysfunction. I find women stop being "fun" after three months or whenever the sex stops being exciting. Which ever comes first. After that you're just going through the motions because its more convenient than starting fresh. Eh..

On top of that.. the guys I know who are in LTR's don't seem to be any happier than they were when single or compared to single men I know. Just seems like having a GF or wife is a thing you do. Like painting the kitchen or doing laundry. Nothing exciting or terrible. Just a thing. And every time I hang out with them their GF or wife calls them to talk sh*t or ask some stupid question and its clear they would rather ignore the call, but they take it because they know what will happen if they don't.

A lot of guys in LTR's just seem like p*ssies. I want to be in a LTR, but I will never be a p*ssy. Maybe that's why I can't/won't keep a woman.
100% agree.

- LTRs are dead today, social media/online dating have killed them. By all means, you guys can GET IN ONE, but it's not going to be the traditional "LTR" that you think it is.

- LTRs (and women you marry) today, honestly, are just "regular plates/dates" that you have slapped a "more prestigious title on". Keyword here is you because there is absolutely NOTHING special about the chick you have slapped this title on. She's not a unicorn, she's not some high quality chick, she ain't shyt but another bytch of today's market that you are leasing.......the lease can still be CALLED at anytime for any reason or for no reason, even if you are married to her (no fault divorce amendment).

Like I said in another post, guys today who are more traditional (like me for example) are just going to have to get used to this new market. It's why I RANT and go off on bytches so much....I'm still trying to transition to this new market and it's painful to have to "evolve" beyond your biological fvcking nature of being a traditional man, just because these bytches want to be feminists/gynocentric/retarded.

casanova_goat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This hasn't been my experience. Yeah I've seen the funny looking guy with the smoking hot woman but this is less common than many make it out to be. Perhaps because such occurrences are so rare and memorable, we, in our minds, augment the prevalence of them. Moreover, it seems like I have seen the opposite as much -- good looking guy with not-so-good looking partner. I scratch my head and think "that's the best he could do?"

Most of the time, when I see a pretty woman, in her early-20s say, if she is to have a boyfriend, he is above-average looking. Financial stability may take precedence over looks as a woman ages.

But, I can't stand when guys give advice to sexlorn chaps in college. "Looks don't matter." Rubbish. Whether for a one night stand or something longer, being physically attractive to your partner is almost always a prerequisite. Of course there are exceptions to the rule. Having a strong social standing is good but practically no chick is going to want you if you look like Urkel.

Rather than improve your "game" the best thing a guy could do is improve your appearance. Cultivate a flattering look, diet and exercise, etc.

Even if you diminish looks by saying it will only get you in the door (not necessarily untrue) what good is any other quality you possess if you can't get in the door?

Reaction score
It's normal, you are not going to be the right guy for every woman you meet. If you are lucky you will be the right guy for 1-2 women in a certain period of their life.

Never forget that seduction is an illusion, and time and repetition will make this illusion fade.

Obviously women wanting a fling will go for the most good looking guy available. If that is your case you are in the position of abundance fairly goodlooking women live in, finding somebody for sex is as easy as breathing, but a proper relationship (and someone worth it...) is hard for everyone.

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
100% agree.

- LTRs are dead today, social media/online dating have killed them. By all means, you guys can GET IN ONE, but it's not going to be the traditional "LTR" that you think it is.

- LTRs (and women you marry) today, honestly, are just "regular plates/dates" that you have slapped a "more prestigious title on". Keyword here is you because there is absolutely NOTHING special about the chick you have slapped this title on. She's not a unicorn, she's not some high quality chick, she ain't shyt but another bytch of today's market that you are leasing.......the lease can still be CALLED at anytime for any reason or for no reason, even if you are married to her (no fault divorce amendment).

Like I said in another post, guys today who are more traditional (like me for example) are just going to have to get used to this new market. It's why I RANT and go off on bytches so much....I'm still trying to transition to this new market and it's painful to have to "evolve" beyond your biological fvcking nature of being a traditional man, just because these bytches want to be feminists/gynocentric/retarded.

When is the last time you met a woman in LOVE? I recently went to my friend's wedding. I joked with him about some of the wedding decisions he made such as the location and choice of alcohol. Then I was shocked to learn he had no say in anything at all. He was not ashamed to admit this either. He basically said bluntly that he is his wife's b*tch.

Her father confirmed this when he gave his speech where he "praised" my friend. Did he say how lucky his daughter was to be with my friend? A good looking ripped guy with all his hair and a great job? NO. Of course not. Instead he praised my friend for making the "right decision" to eat sh*t in order to keep his daughter. I say eat sh*t because he also praised all the difficult sacrifices my friend made to keep his daughter (who made no sacrifices at all btw). Yes, she made no sacrifices at all. She literally made it very hard to stay with her by moving from city to city and changing jobs often. But my friend bit the bullet and just dealt with it. And it was the "right thing to do" because now he gets to marry her. He is so lucky!

To make LTR's work today you have to be a p*ssy. You must compromise yourself to keep every c*m drenched woman you date. If she takes time to do the painful and grueling work of diet, exercise, grooming and regular showering she is a prize you must treat like a virgin and "win her over" day in and day out so that you can later become her "b*tch boy" and kiss her family's a*s from the day you buy the engagement ring to the day 6 feet of dirt rain upon your dead body.

What the red pill has taught me is this whole thing is a joke. Dating is a joke. Relationships are a joke. Marriage is a joke.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When is the last time you met a woman in LOVE? I recently went to my friend's wedding. I joked with him about some of the wedding decisions he made such as the location and choice of alcohol. Then I was shocked to learn he had no say in anything at all. He was not ashamed to admit this either. He basically said bluntly that he is his wife's b*tch.

Her father confirmed this when he gave his speech where he "praised" my friend. Did he say how lucky his daughter was to be with my friend? A good looking ripped guy with all his hair and a great job? NO. Of course not. Instead he praised my friend for making the "right decision" to eat sh*t in order to keep his daughter. I say eat sh*t because he also praised all the difficult sacrifices my friend made to keep his daughter (who made no sacrifices at all btw). Yes, she made no sacrifices at all. She literally made it very hard to stay with her by moving from city to city and changing jobs often. But my friend bit the bullet and just dealt with it. And it was the "right thing to do" because now he gets to marry her. He is so lucky!

To make LTR's work today you have to be a p*ssy. You must compromise yourself to keep every c*m drenched woman you date. If she takes time to do the painful and grueling work of diet, exercise, grooming and regular showering she is a prize you must treat like a virgin and "win her over" day in and day out so that you can later become her "b*tch boy" and kiss her family's a*s from the day you buy the engagement ring to the day 6 feet of dirt rain upon your dead body.

What the red pill has taught me is this whole thing is a joke. Dating is a joke. Relationships are a joke. Marriage is a joke.
Your right. Dude is really lucky, being a "prop" for this "prize" of a female... She probably takes texts late at night and has guy friends she does things with too.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
When is the last time you met a woman in LOVE? What the red pill has taught me is this whole thing is a joke. Dating is a joke. Relationships are a joke. Marriage is a joke.
I got a girl to fall in love. It took 4 months of masterful seduction (each month featured a major pitfall that normally would have derailed the seduction, four times we tried to push each other away, but we made it and always felt the same about each other).

She then said "I love you" first. And God did she mean it at the time. I then had 4 months of super high interest and the best sex of my life. She then vanished overnight, ended her marriage, formed a new relationship, and stopped dating me (not exactly sure what the order was).

So you are partially right. You can still get them to fall in love but now it lasts months and not years. It's still a good thing to have as long as you don't get too attached.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a girl to fall in love. It took 4 months of masterful seduction. I then had 4 months of super high interest and the best sex of my life. She then vanished overnight, ended her marriage, formed a new relationship, and stopped dating me (not exactly sure what the order was).

So you are partially right. You can still get them to fall in love but now it lasts months and not years. It's still a good thing to have as long as you don't get too attached.
So are we saying nowadays as a whole women aren't "falling in love" at all?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
So are we saying nowadays as a whole women aren't "falling in love" at all?
Albeit fleeting, what I experienced was the most intense love I ever experienced in my life. The sex was so good it was comical. She cured early signs of ED. She healed me from circumcision trauma. Could she have faked something I never knew existed? I don't think so. She did file for divorce and move out. In fact, she'll be back someday for sure.

I remember being in love with her physical equivalent in 1993 and 1988. Women were just as corrupt then, they just seemed to shack up more.

Perhaps relationships are shorter in proportion to social media giving everyone more options.