Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being around your parents too much

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was living at home for six months at 42-43 because I was saving for a town home and didn't want to renew my lease.

It was a blow to the ego living at home (my age didn't help) since in their eyes you will always be that child. However, atleast it was not lonely.

I now have my own place (town home) that is only a mile away. I didn't do that on purpose per se, but its close to my work and gym.

As much as I wanted to get out the house, I feel sad not being there.

Sometimes I wish I was not that close to my parents or lived far away. My one friend only talks to his Mom once a week.

I have an Italian-american mother who needs to be in contact with her kids almost everyday (whether that's email, facetime, phone).

Can anyone relate?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was living at home for six months at 42-43 because I was saving for a town home and didn't want to renew my lease.

It was a blow to the ego living at home (my age didn't help) since in their eyes you will always be that child. However, atleast it was not lonely.

I now have my own place (town home) that is only a mile away. I didn't do that on purpose per se, but its close to my work and gym.

As much as I wanted to get out the house, I feel sad not being there.

Sometimes I wish I was not that close to my parents or lived far away. My one friend only talks to his Mom once a week.

I have an Italian-american mother who needs to be in contact with her kids almost everyday (whether that's email, facetime, phone).

Can anyone relate?
I live at home too and love my folks as they are great company. I have a Black mother who comes from Trinidad and because of my light, almost pass for white skin, she is my only true connection to feeling Black or having a Black identity. When she is around me and people know she is my mother then they know I'm Black. However, she always trying to keep my hair low, discourages me from getting darker under the sun, like she ashamed if I look too Black or something sometimes. My Dad, he's Italian, but his family, in particularly one of his sisters, has not treated me right and consequentially it's not a dominant identity as in your case. I did visit Italy once, however, and it was a pleasant trip.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well regardless of what people say or their opinion, I'm going to go off on a tangent and say it can be a good redeeming quality for a gal in dating as long as the mom is not interfering in the relationship in anyway. I think it is similar for when guys find out the gal they're dating has a good relationship with her father.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can relate 100 percent. I don’t think you should hate feeling that way at all. I already lost a parent and cherish every moment with them. Once they are gone you cannot get them back... I have friends that rarely talk to their parents. I was raised differently.. had a great childhood and nothing but great memories.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You only get one set of parents. I wish more people spent more time with their parents...

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your in there with the both of them, they can affect your image, so be mindful.
Yes...and if they are very conservative, they will not be happy (therefore, you won't be happy) until you wind it down and roll over whenever they bark. It is a welcome break after bad times, but not conducive to furthering your Don Juan-ism afterwards.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes...and if they are very conservative, they will not be happy (therefore, you won't be happy) until you wind it down and roll over whenever they bark. It is a welcome break after bad times, but not conducive to furthering your Don Juan-ism afterwards.
Mines are nosey and judgemental forcing their viewpoint which is proven incorrect for my application.