Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

bars and clubs...need advice

malestrom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, gentleman.

So, I'm just getting back out in the field after a hiatus. I took some time off to workout, make some $$$ and accomplish other things that needed to be dealt with.

Anyways, tonight me and a bud went to a few bars and I had a bit of an epiphany: I don't really care for them anymore. Nor do I really care that much for clubs.

Now, when I was younger (I'm 26 now) I didn't mind them too much. I'd go, get drunk, raise hell, talk to girls, etc. etc. But that's not really my style anymore.

My main problem with the bar/club scene is that you can't hear a single thing you're saying to a female. The other problem is that I've found myself looking for 'nice' girls lately. That is, the kind of girl that isn't out at a club at 12:30am to get laid by a stranger. ;)

In fact, when we were walking back to the car, I saw a dark-haired girl sitting on the steps of her apartment. She seemed very low-key, reserved...but, honestly, I'd have much rather been sitting on the steps with her enjoying a quiet evening than the whiskey and rock music of the previous two hours. In fact, it was her disposition that made her so sexy to me...kind of like we were on the same wavelength. Problem was, she was on the phone so...I didn't approach. Eh.

Anyways, so my question is......given my preference lately for a more low-key enviroment and a desire to meet quieter "nice" girls, what do you all suggest? I've honestly done very little PU (for lack of a better term) outside of the weekend city-life atmosphere. Maybe I should start going to bookstores and cofee shops. Maybe I should work the church!! :)

Any ideas?

Thank you, gentleman.

Doppler4000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're on the right track. I think there's a lot of guys who go out to clubs and really hot / trendy bars and don't do very well and get frustrated. They're not really very good places to meet people, especially for the older crowd. Not only is the noise a factor, a bigger problem is that a lot of the chicks there are just out to show off and have their egos stroked by guys that don't know any better and buy them drinks all night long. You don't really even have to change your routine all that much- just talk to more people and say hello to more women in your everyday life and the end result will probably be success.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by malestrom
Hello, gentleman.

So, I'm just getting back out in the field after a hiatus. I took some time off to workout, make some $$$ and accomplish other things that needed to be dealt with.

Anyways, tonight me and a bud went to a few bars and I had a bit of an epiphany: I don't really care for them anymore. Nor do I really care that much for clubs.

Now, when I was younger (I'm 26 now) I didn't mind them too much. I'd go, get drunk, raise hell, talk to girls, etc. etc. But that's not really my style anymore.

My main problem with the bar/club scene is that you can't hear a single thing you're saying to a female. The other problem is that I've found myself looking for 'nice' girls lately. That is, the kind of girl that isn't out at a club at 12:30am to get laid by a stranger. ;)

In fact, when we were walking back to the car, I saw a dark-haired girl sitting on the steps of her apartment. She seemed very low-key, reserved...but, honestly, I'd have much rather been sitting on the steps with her enjoying a quiet evening than the whiskey and rock music of the previous two hours. In fact, it was her disposition that made her so sexy to me...kind of like we were on the same wavelength. Problem was, she was on the phone so...I didn't approach. Eh.

Anyways, so my question is......given my preference lately for a more low-key enviroment and a desire to meet quieter "nice" girls, what do you all suggest? I've honestly done very little PU (for lack of a better term) outside of the weekend city-life atmosphere. Maybe I should start going to bookstores and cofee shops. Maybe I should work the church!! :)

Any ideas?

Thank you, gentleman.
Hey, I am in the same boat you are, ( I am 27). You are right, that stuff does get old and most of them end up being sausage fests. Besides, due to personal reasons I can't really drink anyways. What fun is a bar/club without having a buzz on.

Like you, I am also looking for the sophisticated, cultured "good" girl. I think it is all about networking, meet new people, so then you can meet their friends etc. I have been in a rut lately, where I have not gone out the past like three weekends because I am not up for the bars and that is all anyone seems to do. One thing is for certain, YOU have to GO OUT to meet chicks, wheter it be a book store, coffee shop, ETC. A friend of mine met his current Long Term girlfriend at a Washington Redskins football game. Most couples at a bar, probably did not meet at a bar.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true. Clubs tend to be too noisy to talk, the easy women are not attractive, and the attractive women tend to be attention wh*res with AFCs buzzing round them like flies round sh*t. Plus women know they're in a pick up situation and tend to behave like the seventh cavalry surrounded by hostile Indians.

I find it much better to meet 'good' girls - ie high quality, classy attractive women via cultural events where it's acceptable to talk to strangers, ie charity events, art gallery private views, book launches, classical music concerts etc. At the moment I'm in a social club in London which organises sporting events like riding and fencing, dinners, chamber music etc and these events are always HEAVING with attractive women. The only problem is you do get gold diggers, but you can usually spot these easily.

As for church, why not. I'd only do it if you have genuine religious beliefs though. In my experience you do get attractive young women in church but they tend to be very committed and only looking for a husband who shares the same beliefs.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am currently working on the DJ Bootcamp and I am realizing that once you master the art of conversation and seduction, anywhere you go is a potential pickup spot. After college, my 2 cents is, you have to think outside of the box when hunting for girls to put in the pipeline.

Then one day, when you're talking to an AFC friend or relative and you tell them that you got a girl's number from the bookstore or the mall, they look at you like you're a God. But I'm far from a womanizer at this point!

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn subject lines...

How about not going to anyplace to pick up on girls? If you go somewhere for the reason to pick up on girls your going to fall into the trap. People are creatures of habit. If you just do what you want and go places for yourself than you have a better chance to meet that girl.

If you want coffee go get coffee, don't go get coffee to scope for chicks. That is kinda juvenille.