Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Asking her friend out

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Few weeks ago I asked a girl out who seemed flattered but turned out
she had a boyfriend. Now she has a very close friend who is very attractive that I
am interested in. Would it be awkward if I tried to get close to her?

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with that...just don't make it too obvious :D

Jay Gatsby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Back off for a bit. Timing is everything. Do not move in on the friend for at least a couple of months. Remember, women talk, and I'm sure that the girl you hit on told her friend that you did. If you move on to the friend, she will feel like she's your second choice, which she is. Your best bet, in order to ensure that you're "first in line" for the friend, is to simply stay in frequent social contact with her (but don't ask her out). During those social (but not romantic) encounters, she'll decide whether she's attracted to you or not, thereby making your job easier when enough time has elapsed between your hitting on the original girl and the time you make a move on her friend. In fact, you should be able to pick up on the signs that the friend is attracted to you during those social encounters. If you don't, then don't bother hitting on her, since you're likely to get shot down and blow your chances at perhaps having a couple of "pivots" for finding other women.

Dark Nimbus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gatsby, you're right, but he didn't say when he met her friend. If he met her AFTER he already tried asking this initial girl out, then there's no reason why he needs to wait because he didn't originally know about her. She'd only be the "second choice" if she was there when he hit on her friend, otherwise I say go for it.

Jay Gatsby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Nimbus
Gatsby, you're right, but he didn't say when he met her friend. If he met her AFTER he already tried asking this initial girl out, then there's no reason why he needs to wait because he didn't originally know about her. She'd only be the "second choice" if she was there when he hit on her friend, otherwise I say go for it.
I don't believe it makes any difference when he met the friend. Women talk. The first girl he hit on unsuccessfully will likely have already told her friend about Dictatorsaurus' hitting on her. Even if she didn't, the friend will likely ask the first girl about Dictatorsaurus to find out the story on him. Naturally, the first girl will tell her friend that Dictatorsaurus hit on her first, thereby making the friend a second choice. Dictatorsaurus should bide his time, keep the lines of communication open, and leave open fairly obvious opportunities for the friend to indicate her interest in him. If she's interested, she'll indicate as such. If she's not, then Dictatorsaurus hasn't wasted any time or energy on her.

Dark Nimbus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay Gatsby
I don't believe it makes any difference when he met the friend. Women talk. The first girl he hit on unsuccessfully will likely have already told her friend about Dictatorsaurus' hitting on her. Even if she didn't, the friend will likely ask the first girl about Dictatorsaurus to find out the story on him. Naturally, the first girl will tell her friend that Dictatorsaurus hit on her first, thereby making the friend a second choice. Dictatorsaurus should bide his time, keep the lines of communication open, and leave open fairly obvious opportunities for the friend to indicate her interest in him. If she's interested, she'll indicate as such. If she's not, then Dictatorsaurus hasn't wasted any time or energy on her.
I disagree, how is her friend his second choice when she wasn't even in the picture the day he met the first girl?? The fact is he found out the first girl was taken, so he has every right to keep looking, and the first girl will understand that if she's normal/mature about it. She should even help him hook up with her friend assuming she didn't give him the "I have a boyfriend" line because he didn't meet her standards or creeped her out somehow. So what if the first girl tells her friend about how he asked her out or hit on her? If anything it shows he has balls and would work in his favor.

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dictatorsaurus
Few weeks ago I asked a girl out who seemed flattered but turned out
she had a boyfriend. Now she has a very close friend who is very attractive that I
am interested in. Would it be awkward if I tried to get close to her?
Why not ask the first girl if it would bother her if you asked her friend out?

Wait a sec, this is not AFC. The first girl will be flattered because you've shown concern for her feelings and more than likely she'll want to take on the role of "matchmaker." Girls love to play matchmaker.

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure she won't mind playing matchmaker since she told me she would have gone out with me if she didn't have a boyfriend. She seemed pretty flattered when I asked her out.