Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

As older men (40's to early 50's) are we unrealistic to hold out for women 7-15 years younger?

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 44, in shape with a decent job. I am just not interested in dating women who are 40+, or even late 30's really.

I keep holding out for an early 30's to mid 30's chick, preferably with no kids. I have accepted the fact that most women in their 20's have no interest in men in their 40's. I mean, some of them do, but a very small minority. However, 5 to 15 years younger I think is fair game.

What do you think?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let the market decide. Approach women via online or cold approach

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you're unrealistic. It's difficult to date substantially younger unless you're exceptional when you are over 30. A decent job isn't going to cut it with your target market. Your income needs to be 5-10x her income for you to impress her with your job.

Big age differences are also more difficult to achieve if you're using swipe apps. 2-5 years is typical on a swipe app. Even 40 year old women are massively in demand on swipe apps.

You're better off doing in-person approaching if your social circle is weak.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you're unrealistic. It's difficult to date substantially younger unless you're exceptional when you are over 30. A decent job isn't going to cut it with your target market. Your income needs to be 5-10x her income for you to impress her with your job.

Big age differences are also more difficult to achieve if you're using swipe apps. 2-5 years is typical on a swipe app. Even 40 year old women are massively in demand on swipe apps.

You're better off doing in-person approaching if your social circle is weak.
Well I wasn't talking about online dating, I was talking about more real life.

Though, I agree with your online dating assessment.

When I was 41, I went out with a 21 year old. She was in my gym class.

Btw, that is a great way to meet women.

Out on the gym floor, there are 5 meat heads to every hot chick.

In spin class, boot Camp or Kick boxing, women outnumber men 3 to 1 or more.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I wasn't talking about online dating, I was talking about more real life.

Though, I agree with your online dating assessment.

When I was 41, I went out with a 21 year old. She was in my gym class.

Btw, that is a great way to meet women.

Out on the gym floor, there are 5 meat heads to every hot chick.

In spin class, boot Camp or Kick boxing, women outnumber men 3 to 1 or more.
Yes, you have better chance for a larger age difference if you're meeting people without the use of an electronic screen initially. It is still a challenge.

I agree on your assessment of the gym. The only way to approach in a gym is in a class setting. It can be a separate classes only style facility of a class setting within a larger gym. Fitness classes are the solution to avoiding the earbud problem.

Fitness classes are not as great as you make them out to be, though they can be useful. You're signing up for 45-60 minutes of time exercising for the 5 min window before class and 5 min window after class when you can approach. Yes, the ratios are good. However, a lot of women who attend fitness classes are not that social. Yes, you can get numbers and dates at fitness classes but it isn't a magical venue for doing it.

The regular gym floor isn't worth trying in most cases.

Keep doing real life approaching.

Last edited:

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you have better chance for a larger age difference if you're meeting people without the use of an electronic screen initially. It is still a challenge.

I agree on your assessment of the gym. The only way to approach in a gym is in a class setting. It can be a separate classes only style facility of a class setting within a larger gym. Fitness classes are the solution to avoiding the earbud problem.

Fitness classes are not as great as you make them out to be, though they can be useful. You're signing up for 45-60 of time exercising for the 5 min window before class and 5 min window after class when you can approach. Yes, the ratios are good. However, a lot of women who attend fitness classes are not that social. Yes, you can get numbers and dates at fitness classes but it isn't a magical venue for doing it.

The regular gym floor isn't worth trying in most cases.

Keep doing real life approaching.
Yes, true about the small window before and after class.

However, I at least know or became friendly with a few attractive women from these classes. They were way younger or in relationships but knowing them can perhaps help you out down the road. Dividends!

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
37 year old dude here. I am however fit, make six figures and tolerate little bull****. I also look 31-33 so I can go younger.

I only date women 21-32 ish usually. I try to avoid 30s.

These are your options:

21-23 - These women are party girls. All they want to do is go out, drink at bars and clubs and have fun. They have a billion orbiters and live on Instagram and Snapchat. I find them really irritating outside the bedroom. Obviously their bodies are usually better.

24-27 - Prime age range. These girls are still having fun, but they usually have hobbies and aren't morons all the time. Girls in this range want to "explore their sexuality" a lot of the time. Good for threesomes, wild **** etc. I like these girls. This is my target.

28-30 - These women are at the wall and they are looking for a provider ASAP. Billy Beta Bucks etc. These women will cheat if their current relationship stinks. Have to be careful with these ones as most are looking for a LTR.

31-33 - These women will **** you but are looking to get married and have kids. Timelines don't last long here if all you want is fun. Rarely do I find a fit woman in this range.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
37 year old dude here. I am however fit, make six figures and tolerate little bull****. I also look 31-33 so I can go younger.

These are your options:

21-23 - These women are party girls. All they want to do is go out, drink at bars and clubs and have fun. They have a billion orbiters and live on Instagram and Snapchat. I find them really irritating outside the bedroom. Obviously their bodies are usually better.

24-27 - Prime age range. These girls are still having fun, but they usually have hobbies and aren't morons all the time. Girls in this range want to "explore their sexuality" a lot of the time. Good for threesomes, wild **** etc. I like these girls. This is my target.

28-30 - These women are at the wall and they are looking for a provider ASAP. Billy Beta Bucks etc. These women will cheat if their current relationship stinks. Have to be careful with these ones as most are looking for a LTR.

31-33 - These women will **** you but are looking to get married and have kids. Timelines don't last long here if all you want is fun. Rarely do I find a fit woman in this range.
True about 21 to 23 range having tons of orbiters.

They are their peak SMV and know it!

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree

Never make the mistake of assuming you need to impress a woman you don't the only thing you need to do is subtly display to her you are going to fvck her.

at 40+ i especially don't think its a wise move to start trying to "impress" 20-30 year old women you will end up with one who wants your bank account number not your c0ck

Shania twain famously sung "all that don't impress me much , have you got the touch"

It's an important line because she sings about all these guys with all these different attributes trying to get her but none of them "have the touch"

What she means by "the touch" is the guy that turns her on and not the guy thats trying to impress her

Women all follow the same script .......raw attraction and male dominance over powers everything else for them they can't fight it their bodies will not allow them too

He whom masters her mind , masters her body.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, true about the small window before and after class.

However, I at least know or became friendly with a few attractive women from these classes. They were way younger or in relationships but knowing them can perhaps help you out down the road. Dividends!
You might be able to get social circle introduction from that. However, most adults 25+ have weaker social circles than in past eras (think 30 years ago). Social circle is great when it is an option but difficult to cultivate when you have a raging need to get laid.

These are your options:

I'm 38 and look early 30s. I've had a difficult time with big age gap differences in my dating life. In both interactions that worked out for me and in the ones that didn't, the 30 something women I interacted with seemed to be in no rush to get married and have kids. I went out on numerous dates from swipe apps with 30 something women and a lot of them were "one date, no sex, no second date". Those 30 something women seemed to have plenty of options. They were just as flaky as 21-25 year olds.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might be able to get social circle introduction from that. However, most adults 25+ have weaker social circles than in past eras (think 30 years ago). Social circle is great when it is an option but difficult to cultivate when you have a raging need to get laid.

I'm 38 and look early 30s. I've had a difficult time with big age gap differences in my dating life. In both interactions that worked out for me and in the ones that didn't, the 30 something women I interacted with seemed to be in no rush to get married and have kids. I went out on numerous dates from swipe apps with 30 something women and a lot of them were "one date, no sex, no second date". Those 30 something women seemed to have plenty of options. They were just as flaky as 21-25 year olds
Whether we like it or not; sure an attractive 35 year old's SMV is not what is was for her 10 or 15 years prior.

However, an attractive chick is still an attractive chick and she still has the sexual power and plenty of options.

A hot chick was past her peak SMV, still has more sexual power than a man at his PEAK SMV (Mid to late 30's)

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whether we like it or not; sure an attractive 35 year old's SMV is not what is was for her 10 or 15 years prior.

However, an attractive chick is still an attractive chick and she still has the sexual power and plenty of options.
Yes, a 35 year old woman, even if she is childless, has declining SMV compared to when she was 20 or 25.

Here's the difference between an attractive, childless 35 year old in 1990 vs one 2015-present.

An attractive, childless 35 year old in 1990 had to go out to events, bars, and find invitations to private residence parties. She would get a few prospects a month by doing this.

The 35 year old of 2015-present just needs to have a presence on social media and/or swipe apps to have 20-40x more options than her 1990 equivalent. If she bothers to leave her home, she can add real life prospects to that. It would be around the same number it was for her 1990 equivalent.

Because 35 or 40 year olds have way more options now, few are as motivated as they were in 1990 due to having an expiration date.

A hot chick was past her peak SMV, still has more sexual power than a man at his PEAK SMV (Mid to late 30's)
Yes, true. The wall isn't really a wall, it's more of a padded cushion.

TheQ2020

Banned
Reaction score
I have accepted the fact that most women in their 20's have no interest in men in their 40's.
is this a joke?

what planet do you live on?

i honestly would ban you from this forum for extreme stupidity if i was the owner.

this is so common i thought everyone knew this

a lot of girls like older guys.

you know how a lot of younger men (including me) have a fetish for MILFS?

girls are 100% the same.

for every 18 year old guy (like i used to) who fantasizes about having sex with some hot milf or cougar there is an 18 year old girl who has the exact same fantasy for older men.

i thought everyone knew this in like 2010.

what in the world is going on with some of you?

when are some of you morons going to realize and accept that women are 100% just as sexual as men.

are some of you secretly living on another planet?

this is such a stupid thread that im still thinking you must be trolling.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is this a joke?

what planet do you live on?

i honestly would ban you from this forum for extreme stupidity if i was the owner.

this is so common i thought everyone knew this

a lot of girls like older guys.

you know how a lot of younger men (including me) have a fetish for MILFS?

girls are 100% the same.

for every 18 year old guy (like i used to) who fantasizes about having sex with some hot milf or cougar there is an 18 year old girl who has the exact same fantasy for older men.

i thought everyone knew this in like 2010.

what in the world is going on with some of you?

when are some of you morons going to realize and accept that women are 100% just as sexual as men.

are some of you secretly living on another planet?

this is such a stupid thread that im still thinking you must be trolling.
Yeah, I'm a troll . Get lost

TheQ2020

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a troll . Get lost
you are a troll or a moron.

not sure which is worst but only 2 options after such a hilariously stupid thread.

what kind of idiot in 2021 does not think a guy in his 40s can get women in their 20s?

hahhahhahahha

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are a troll or a moron.

not sure which is worst but only 2 options after such a hilariously stupid thread.

what kind of idiot in 2021 does not think a guy in his 40s can get women in their 20s?

hahhahhahahha
Plenty of people and watch your tone, have respect for your elders. Didn't Mommy and Daddy teach you that?

TheQ2020

Banned
Reaction score
Plenty of people and watch your tone, have respect for your elders. Didn't Mommy and Daddy teach you that?
hahaha im dying laughing reading some of your other posts.

you are here since 2016 and you are this lost?

you are quite a specimen.

scientists should study you to find out how someone so dumb has managed to survive for 44 years.

hahahhaha your posts are pure comedy.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha im dying laughing reading some of your other posts.

you are here since 2016 and you are this lost?

you are quite a specimen.

scientists should study you to find out how someone so dumb has managed to survive for 44 years.

hahahhaha your posts are pure comedy.
Okay dude. You sound like the troll. Probably living in Mommy and Daddy's basement and unemployed. Loser

TheQ2020

Banned
Reaction score
Okay dude. You sound like the troll. Probably living in Mommy and Daddy's basement and unemployed. Loser
if im living in basement then i would hate to know where someone dumb enough to post this thread is living.

but again congratulations for surviving for 44 years on this planet with such little brain power.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 44.......
....I keep holding out for an early 30's to mid 30's chick...
5 to 15 years younger I think is fair game.

What do you think?
15 yrs younger is perfectly viable.... and more than that....

I'm 57 now.
Got divorced around 50, and for the first coupla yrs my daughter's circle of friends and workmates were quite a rich source of 'fun' (late 20s to early 40s)
Most of the women I've been involved with since my divorce have been between 35 and 45 (approx 10 to 20 yrs younger), and current 'interest' is 43 (14 yrs younger)

If you're in shape, you keep on top of your hygeine and grooming, and generally have your sh*t together.... Most women will have no problem being with a guy a fair bit older.