Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Dating apps and a drastically changing relationship landscape

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing new obviously, just another confirmation of what we already know. There is something we forget tho.

The pinnacle of western LTR'S and marriages must have been somewhere between 1960 and 1990. Real short period. Just after the ww2, with the industrialization in full force. Before this period most people were piss poor. The industrial revolution promised every man a stable income , a wife and a family.

Dont forget even the Vikings main motivation for raids was also getting women. You are poor, women don't see you..so you go look beyond your own borders for love.

We grew up with two generations before us who reaped the benefits of the Ind. Revolution . So we believe getting a wife ect is a natural course of life, but it's not. We men are really entitled these days.

The statistics are even worse for average men. Because, just like in the club scene, a large percentage of the men on apps are players and casanova's ,looking for play time ( and know they'llget it). So 33% female , 33% players ,ballers rich dudes and pretty boys. The rest of men complain about the results and are virtually nonexistent women.

The cruelest thing is that this might be nature's way to diminish the population. Yes , tinder is a venoumous plant that grew out of a tree somewhere in the south or north Pole.

There is a reason why they say prostitution is the oldest profession known to humanity.

M

member160292

Key Points:
  • Dating opportunities for heterosexual men are diminishing as relationship standards rise.
    • What ever happened to the whole thing years ago that 20% of men are fvcking 80% of the women? That is still true. It's competitive out there, women are trying to find the best attainable man just as I'm doing the same.
  • Men represent approximately 62% of dating app users, lowering their chances for matches.
    • There are more men on these apps because women have far better avenues to meet someone than you typical male.
  • Men need to address skills deficits to meet healthier relationship expectations.
    • YES! Men need to develop themselves much more mentally than physically. It's all in your mindset. The author must have stumbled across this site recently. Nothing new, we've been preaching this for decades
I can't believe there isn't a Comments section. It would be so freakin' entertaining!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if mandatory therapy is the answer
Some men might need therapy to deal with the relational trauma from interacting with women on swipe apps. I got evaluated for PTSD in part due to relational trauma. My worst dating experiences occurred with women on dating websites (pre-swipe app era) and later swipe apps.

The pinnacle of western LTR'S and marriages must have been somewhere between 1960 and 1990. Real short period. Just after the ww2, with the industrialization in full force. Before this period most people were piss poor. The industrial revolution promised every man a stable income , a wife and a family.
I agree that it was a short period. If there was a 30 year period, it would have been more like 1950-1979. A lot of the marriages formed in the 1980s-1990s failed, but will ultimately be more successful than marriages started after 2000.

The statistics are even worse for average men. Because, just like in the club scene, a large percentage of the men on apps are players and casanova's ,looking for play time ( and know they'llget it). So 33% female , 33% players ,ballers rich dudes and pretty boys. The rest of men complain about the results and are virtually nonexistent women.
Yes!

• Men represent approximately 62% of dating app users, lowering their chances for matches.
    • There are more men on these apps because women have far better avenues to meet someone than you typical male.
Which avenues are the far better avenues that women have to meet someone than the typical male?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the article...

"While there’s probably no chance of stemming the rising tide of unintentional single men, there is still good news.
The algorithms are becoming increasingly more complex on dating apps and other online platforms. One benefit is that great matches are on the rise. Hinge, one dating app, found through beta trials that 90% of users rated their first date positively, with 72% indicating wanting a second date."

This italicized part has no merit. Men will rate any date positively due to thirst. Men are so thirsty now that they'll offer 2nd dates to mostly anything.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some men might need therapy to deal with the relational trauma from interacting with women on swipe apps. I got evaluated for PTSD in part due to relational trauma. My worst dating experiences occurred with women on dating websites (pre-swipe app era) and later swipe apps.

I agree that it was a short period. If there was a 30 year period, it would have been more like 1950-1979. A lot of the marriages formed in the 1980s-1990s failed, but will ultimately be more successful than marriages started after 2000.

Yes!

Which avenues are the far better avenues that women have to meet someone than the typical male?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the article...

"While there’s probably no chance of stemming the rising tide of unintentional single men, there is still good news.
The algorithms are becoming increasingly more complex on dating apps and other online platforms. One benefit is that great matches are on the rise. Hinge, one dating app, found through beta trials that 90% of users rated their first date positively, with 72% indicating wanting a second date."

This italicized part has no merit. Men will rate any date positively due to thirst. Men are so thirsty now that they'll offer 2nd dates to mostly anything.
I disagree, they aptly named it Beta Trials.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Yes!

From the article...

Speak for yourself.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont forget even the Vikings main motivation for raids was also getting women.
And how do you know that? Let me guess, by watching a show about the Vikings on Netflix? Makes perfect sense that a society with a high level of male mortality due to constant warfare would need to import women…NOT.

As for the article, has anyone noticed the thinly veiled sales pitch? Get individual therapy to improve your dating “skills”….says a website called Psychology Today. Okay then.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on, man. You don’t have PTSD. I hope you didn’t pay much to whomever diagnosed you. PTSD is when you go to war and see your entire squad blown to pieces right before your eyes. And then you carry your mortally wounded buddy in your arms and hear him breath his final breath. That’s PTSD. Getting rejected by some random broad on a dating app is not PTSD.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on, man. You don’t have PTSD. I hope you didn’t pay much to whomever diagnosed you. PTSD is when you go to war and see your entire squad blown to pieces right before your eyes. And then you carry your mortally wounded buddy in your arms and hear him breath his final breath. That’s PTSD. Getting rejected by some random broad on a dating app is not PTSD.
Read closely. I was evaluated. I was not diagnosed. I was never diagnosed with PTSD.

I have experienced mating environment related trauma. Massive trauma. But not PTSD.

Even though I do not have PTSD, I perceive that it is possible to get PTSD from mating environment related trauma.

62% men isn’t that bad.
Not sure how they arrived at the 62% number when monthly active users of Tinder are 76% male and Bumble at 65% male.

Last edited:

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read closely. I was evaluated. I was not diagnosed. I was never diagnosed with PTSD.

I have experienced mating environment related trauma. Massive trauma. But not PTSD.

Even though I do not have PTSD, I perceive that it is possible to get PTSD from mating environment related trauma.
Fair enough, I misread your post. However, I think that PTSD is one of those labels that is thrown around so much that it has largely become meaningless. Just like how every third person is diagnosed with depression and prescribed antidepressants.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
62% men isn’t that bad.
It’s a better ratio than what you’d find in a typical nightclub or singles bar.

What I find interesting is that no one is talking about the flip side of those stats. If all the men are on dating apps chasing after a small number of women, all the women who are not on dating apps are experiencing a corresponding decline in male attention. For every single lonely man there is a single lonely woman. And yet, it is male loneliness that gets highlighted. I guess it’s just not politically correct to talk about the hordes of hopeless, bitter, childless past the wall career women that populate modern cities.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I find interesting is that no one is talking about the flip side of those stats. If all the men are on dating apps chasing after a small number of women, all the women who are not on dating apps are experiencing a corresponding decline in male attention. For every single lonely man there is a single lonely woman. And yet, it is male loneliness that gets highlighted. I guess it’s just not politically correct to talk about the hordes of hopeless, bitter, childless past the wall career women that populate modern cities.
Haha mate come on, you know better than this. Those women arent on dating apps because they dont need them, from the rest of their irl and electronic channels they already get more male attention than a full time job could handle. They can also fvck the same men.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha mate come on, you know better than this. Those women arent on dating apps because they dont need them, from the rest of their irl and electronic channels they already get more male attention than a full time job could handle. They can also fvck the same men.
I don’t subscribe to the theory that there is this small group of chads making the rounds and laying the pipe on the hordes of average and below average women. I just don’t see it in real life. I think it’s far more common for women to have long dry spells than some people here believe.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it’s just not politically correct to talk about the hordes of hopeless, bitter, childless past the wall career women that populate modern cities.
It only happens because they are too fussy. 40 year old childless career women on Bumble and Hinge have HUGE swipe queues. 1,000 options.

For every single lonely man there is a single lonely woman.
More men are unpartnered than women, so no. Also, inceldom is a bigger male problem than female problem.

It’s a better ratio than what you’d find in a typical nightclub or singles bar.
Both swipe apps and bars/nightclubs are sausage fests.

What I find interesting is that no one is talking about the flip side of those stats. If all the men are on dating apps chasing after a small number of women, all the women who are not on dating apps are experiencing a corresponding decline in male attention.
Women who aren't getting attention in real life eventually find a way to get attention by becoming more active on social media or getting on swipe apps.

M

member160292

I don’t subscribe to the theory that there is this small group of chads making the rounds and laying the pipe on the hordes of average and below average women. I just don’t see it in real life. I think it’s far more common for women to have long dry spells than some people here believe.
Hey Bokanovsky,
I notice a lot of intensity in your posts in this thread, very good insights, nonetheless. Women can last a long time without sex, especially in marriage to someone she is not attracted to. It's months to years in some cases. Women are irrational creatures, they just have not found the one to break that spell

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I actually do believe this to some extent. If I can entertain 5 women in a week, say 2 times each and they are staying monogamous to me (don’t doubt it can happen because it does), that means that I’ve effectively taken 4 women off the market above and beyond what I should have : 1.

Especially in a city where men already outnumber women. What’s that work out to using the numbers above? 20% of men are bedding 80% of the women…maybe my math is wrong…

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Judging by what I read on this forum. Posters have no trouble getting a girl, hell most members that post.. Claim to have no trouble spinning plates.