Arsehole mate

Ranger

Master Don Juan
Just happened to see this again...I just realized that my cousin did the same thing when he came back from the Marines. Apparently it made a difference in him too. He was a very popular dude back home, but when he came back he moved about 30 miles north and met someone there and married, and had 6 kids. "Busy beaver?" haha.

Something must have changed him too. Guessing you both got more mature mentally, and came home and stuff didn't look the same. Kind of like taking the Red Pill, magnified. Now after reading this I understand him better.
It’s like stepping into another world. In the Marines, you had a common goal. In The civilian world, nobody has a common goal. Men have never really been challenged in this world. So they haven’t been tempered into any form of mettle.

thelad

Don Juan
update: Ive pulled out of a party night with a group of us - arsehole "mate" is now trying to make me look bad(group chat online) but I don't care he can manipulate the rest if he wants but on the night he's lost a strong energy supply. feel so much better for myself. cos if I went out It would be like going to work and not wanting to.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
There have been a couple of times in the last two or three years that I have blocked old "buddies" on all fronts, for my own personal growth and well being. One kept changing his online ID and trying to re-friend me, the other must have known better. These days, many people see that when you dodge people, there's likely a dam good reason. If someone is bothered, you know who they really are. The good ones will know better.