Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here teetotal

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or near teetotal?

I tend to binge to the extreme when I’ve had more than say 3 pints. I had 72 units over 2 days this weekend.

I rarely drink but when I do, it’s usually a whole weekend of alcohol orgy.

I know I am abnormal. I’d like to just have one with food, and perhaps only get drunk Xmas or birthday.

I have an incurable disease which is aggravated by alcohol (although I’m in remission at present so doesn’t make a difference). The good thing here is I have a great alibi at work parties etc - rather saying “I can’t drink because I am a binge drinker”!

I’ve also had a long “career” with pretty much every drug and I am done with those too.

for those who don’t drink or only drink tiny amounts, how on earth do you relax? What takes its place? Do you miss it?
The only thing I can think of which replicates the same thing naturally would be a gym session, and a sauna, jacuzzi and then a fantastic meal. Even so, I’d still like a glass of red or beer with the meal.

Any advice on how to live a sober life appreciated. My father and grandfather were/are alcoholics and a lot of my family are. I just find it hard to know what a life without it looks like.

im an overactive thinker. I often find I only ever feel non stressed for a few hours at the start of a session. However, the hangover and resulting disorganisation isn’t worth it.

thanks

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or near teetotal?

I tend to binge to the extreme when I’ve had more than say 3 pints. I had 72 units over 2 days this weekend.

I know I am abnormal. I’d like to just have one with food, and perhaps only get drunk Xmas or birthday.

I have an incurable disease which is aggravated by alcohol (although I’m in remission at present so doesn’t make a difference). The good thing here is I have a great alibi at work parties etc - rather saying “I can’t drink because I am a binge drinker”!

I’ve also had a long “career” with pretty much every drug and I am done with those too.

for those who don’t drink or only drink tiny amounts, how on earth do you relax? What takes its place? Do you miss it?
The only thing I can think of which replicates the same thing naturally would be a gym session, and a sauna, jacuzzi and then a fantastic meal. Even so, I’d still like a glass of red or beer with the meal.

Any advice on how to live a sober life appreciated. My father and grandfather were/are alcoholics and a lot of my family are. I just find it hard to know what a life without it looks like.

im an overactive thinker. I often find I only ever feel non stressed for a few hours at the start of a session. However, the hangover and resulting disorganisation isn’t worth it.

thanks
I'm abnormal as you ;)
When in mood, I can start drinking with the buddies on friday night and stop on sunday morning. I'll blast out my endorphines and get mentally hungover till wednesday.

I'm about nearly four months out of a bad relationship and just felt I needed to break free in the last weeks. Now I'm about to cut back with drinking again. No need to feel sick till wednesday, i got stuff to do...

I always liked to party hard. Especially in rough times. It always ended in binge drinking. The entire social circle I grew up with is that way. The last years I changed my drinking behavior with help of a behavioral therapy (also because I tend to overthink every bs) and I had it under control pretty good.

Few years ago i was sick of being hung over, depressed and feeling guilty (even nothing strange happened) after a night out. So I went to therapy.

Few months into therapy and I was able to go out, drink a few, waking up without blackouts and bad hang overs.
I came to a point, where I just stopped when I was on a certain level of drunkenness or made a break with a glass of water.
Weekdays I only drank one strict and only when in company. I never really drank alone at home.
Plus I went on for weeks without drinking a single drop.

Worked good for me. I'm strict with so much other things like diet or sport, I don't want to abandon everything fun in my life.

Ever thought of therapy?

Some can control their drinking, some don't. You have to try.

U

user43770

Or near teetotal?

thanks
You had 72 pints in 2 days? That's some serious boozing!