Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Amazed at some stuff

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking back on the main board (I shouldn't do that), I'm continually amazed at how so many guys don't know some of the basics of life. Man, I'm starting to think the parents of these 18-20 year olds were really messed up.

A guy doesn't know how to meet guy friends. I know I'm fairly social, but isn't that fairly easy? You hang out, talk sports, drink brew, whatever.

Guys don't know how to ask out women on a simple date. You just ask, right?

Perhaps this was going on all along, even in my generation, there was just no message board to voice it (and I'm glad this is here), but I'm truly amazed how the youngsters were not taught the very simplest stuff on life. I've seen threads on how to say 'hi' to women and so forth.

What in the heck were these fathers doing? Besides being asleep at the wheel I guess. It's incredible.

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's astonishing isn't it? I mean, I was AFC way back in my early 20's, but at least I had lots of friends and was getting laid a bit!

Maybe it's the first internet generation and they've been deconditioned from social situations?

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact that these kids are having so much trouble is more proof of my belief that "naturals" do not exist.

Some guys only seem like they are "naturals" with women because they were effectively taught masculine behaviors when they were children.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really the more you meet people in life, the more you realize we all have our odd quirks about us. There are people that are far worse off than us.

Have pity, help when you can, but never lose focus of your own goals.

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Survivor
The fact that these kids are having so much trouble is more proof of my belief that "naturals" do not exist.

Some guys only seem like they are "naturals" with women because they were effectively taught masculine behaviors when they were children.
I agree with this, but I would go so far as to say the problem isn't as much about boys not being taught how to be men, but being taught how to be puzzy AFCS!

I mean it is like these damn feminazis have it out for men and do their most to totally puzzify our society.

I bet if you just left boys to fend for themselves they'd be better men than what our society tends to form.

Also regarding the concept of "naturals", I know it makes me feel better to know that even guys that are amazing with women LEARNED how to be that way. Some of the best even learned later in life. So there is definitely hope for those of us who are learning this stuff at an older age than we would have liked.

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good points, and I think it's still OK to teach the youngsters how to be men. At times I bought into the AFC stuff and was an AFC. What surprises me the most is how some of the newbies are missing just the basics: how to say 'hi' to people, women; and how to make friends. That just blows my mind that they're this insecure. Again, I blame it on their fathers or lack therof as there are many men being raised by single moms these days.

But you're right: Society is so AFC it's amazing. Popular TV and commericals make men out to be completely incompetent and p-ssy whipped. It's sick

* QWest commercial of guy who supposedly is a bad handiman is the latest on a long line of man-bashing commericals.

MichaelangelloB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Need proof that America is controlled by women? Just look at society over the past few years.

Clinton lying about a bj was a WAY bigger deal than Bush lying about weapons of mass destruction, even though nobody died over his lie.

Watch any sitcom on tv. All of them are about dopey guys married to strong, assertive, b**ches, of whom the guys are lucky to have. Watch "King of Queens" or "Everybody Love's Raymond" as examples.

I ask, what ever happened to the Archie Bunker's and George Jefferson's of tv? Women are "ding-bats" and they need to be called it sometimes. I blame the media.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TV is torture

I can only watch sports, The Simpsons, and Law & Order, that's it.

Between the commericals and stupid sitcoms, it's awful. I've never been a fan of sitcoms, but today's are horrible. They should just call them all, "We hate men."

"Friends" is the dumbest. Those guys are all incredible wimps and AFCs, it's stunning. Also, perhaps this is a New York thing, I've never heard anyone talk like that in real life. All of those men look like total dorks.

The worst thing is take TV, add print and billboard media, radio advertising, newspaper advertising and print journalism, all geared toward being an AFC, and the average American male is bombarded with this sh-t on a daily basis.

* Yeah, can't believe the Clinton thing, too. I thought, big deal, he got a BJ from his intern. That's between him and his wife, who is also playing around. All of the guys on the commission to impeach Clinton had affairs on their wives and Gingrich cheated on his wife when she was on her death bed with cancer. Hypocrites, all of them. Don't look to politicians for morality.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is more to it than just the "pvssification" of the population. There is the sense of unearned "entitlement". 18-20 year olds who think the should be treated as someone "special" when they have done nothing to earn "specialness" a'la Mother Teresa. When the parents, teachers, and coaches became so worried about "harming their self esteem", that teams only played to ties so there would be no losers, and even if they absolutely sucked, they got a trophey just because they played. These children never were disappointed or heard a "no",this engendeded a sense of entitlement. Today, they can't understand why they weren't hired for a job, after all, they applied for it. They are affraid to approach women because they might be rejected and that will "harm their self esteem", and they don't know how to handle it. Today's society attempts to legislate the absolute right to happiness (not the pursuit of happiness), and safety (ignoring that all of life is a risk), and when it doesn't work out, they throw more "political correctness" at it. Unfortunately, it is my generation of parents who are to blame. :(

MichaelangelloB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, as a guy brought up in such a world. Fortunatly I played more street ball than little league so I'm not too f*cked up. Kids are wimps.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Good_ol_boy
There is more to it than just the "pvssification" of the population. There is the sense of unearned "entitlement". 18-20 year olds who think the should be treated as someone "special" when they have done nothing to earn "specialness" a'la Mother Teresa. When the parents, teachers, and coaches became so worried about "harming their self esteem", that teams only played to ties so there would be no losers, and even if they absolutely sucked, they got a trophey just because they played. These children never were disappointed or heard a "no",this engendeded a sense of entitlement. Today, they can't understand why they weren't hired for a job, after all, they applied for it. They are affraid to approach women because they might be rejected and that will "harm their self esteem", and they don't know how to handle it.
Man, ain't that the truth!

I read the other day where in the 50's and 60's, 24 percent of high school kid had a grade "A" average. Now it is more than 75 percent! They hand out grades like it's candy. Even Harvard has enormous grade inflation.

In the same article I read where East Coast kids are devastated when they're not allowed into their first school of choice, which is usually Ivy League. (That hierarchy of colleges isn't very big here on the West Coast and it's rarely talked about.)

So these kids "settle" on some other (very overrated and expensive) private school and act like their lives are ruined.

Good grief. No one is OWED an Ivy League education.

Without sounding like too much of a geezer here, the youngsters need to toughen up!

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WestCoaster
...I read the other day where in the 50's and 60's, 24 percent of high school kid had a grade "A" average. Now it is more than 75 percent! They hand out grades like it's candy. Even Harvard has enormous grade inflation.
The 50's were tough, I think it was the late 60's on ('course, it could have just been the nuns! :D ) . But you are right about the grade inflation. Even today, I see what college reading lists consist of, and I'm shocked. It's stuff I read in 7-12 grades!

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We are going to sh1t but don't blame fathers.

What can we do against the avalanche of AFCism coming from hollywood and society at large?

If you try to teach your sons to be men you are critized and attacked from all quarters..

I have lived in fear that my kids did not say the wrong thing to a teacher at school... you can be ruined if they tell the teacher that you punished them or made some politically incorrect statement... or gave them a small glass of wine at Christmas... child abuse!

We are in an untenable situation... in fact we are following the Roman empire down its path to destruction... first the Romans were warriors, then they got complacent, drunk and lazy (orgies?) then they hired mercenaries since they themselves were too comfortable to fight, then they fell apart. (I know this is an oversimplification, but...)

Any society that gets too feminized or too laisse-faire will fall. We are dependent on technology, our men are losing their "manliness" and are allowing feminization to take over. (THis does not apply to all men, but the majority)

Our end is coming, but that is the natural order of things... all things must end.

Dietzcoi

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooargh where are the balls in our society?

MichaelangelloB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I blame the pharmacutical companies. Nowadays whaen someone has a problem, any problem, theres a pill for it. People don't have to face things and deal with them any more. We're a bunch of pill-poppin puzzies.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MichaelangelloB
I blame the ...
Pills or P.C., there's enough blame to go around!!!

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Playing to 'ties'? F*ck, now at least that's one thing we never did up here in Canada, we were too busy punching the guy out that high sticked us in the face.

And speaking of Hollywood, we used to have real men as examples - Eastwood, McQueen, hell, even Harrison Ford.

Now all the popular actors are effeminate poofters like Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sad, sick AFC world

I can find an AFC moment almost every hour now -- sadly. This board has opened my eyes.

Two days ago on campus, a b-tchy blonde gal (not that hot really, OK looking) was walking real fast with a frown on her face. A brother (African American) goes chasing after her and grabs her hand, she throws it down; he grabs it again, she throws it down; he finally gets her to reluctantly grab it. Most brothers I know are in control, and in the Northwest where white women love the brothers, the fellas don't put up with this. Honestly, this was the first time I'd seen this in the Northwest.

And this guy was cool, had nice threads and all. He could do way better than this beyotch. Amazing that he was AFCing, what's with that?!!!

And today I sadly read on the main discussion board on this site of an 18-year old who keeps taking back his 18-year old ho -- who has a kid by the way -- after she keeps sleeping with other guys.

What's with this AFCness? It's freaking out of contol!

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
*LOL* !!!!

You guys are making fun of some of the stereotypes that exist on this board...

Am I the only one who finds bunch of old guys whining about how the wolrd sucks and "things ain't what they used to be" a little uhm.. old

I hate people that love to base judgements and form opinons based on tiny snipets they've observed from toher people's lifes.

Understand your choices don't worry about society's :p