Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Allen Thomasons article smiling at women

Thechamp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Did any one read this he says if you smile all the time at women not a fake smile just be happy they want to be around you , and it’s like a magic wond any one tested this out yet ?

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends what kind of guy you are

If you are above 6 foot you dont have to do shizz but if youre a smaller guy I think you need to give the impression you are happy within yourself. Ive thought about this a lot. When I play the angry bad boy I just come across as an demented midget - im only 5"6

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember reading that article, and it made perfect sense. Of course, we're aware attraction doesn't always make sense when it comes to women.

There was that study awhile back that said that women found men who smile less attractive than even guys who appeared shameful. There was a lot of discussion here about it. I don't think you can conclude much from it though, because the method was showing pictures to women and letting them rate them. Actually being smiled at in real life would probably carry an emotional context to it that isn't there with the pictures.

It's odd though, because men rated the pictures with women smiling most attractive, which is just what you would expect. Apparently there is something about men smiling that can suggest weakness. But I think a lot depends on who the man is, and his manner when smiling.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...y-finds-smiling-men-are-less-attractive-women

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting stuff. I also think its cultural. Smiling in Russia is considered beta/weak but in America and capitalist countries its seen as a sign of success

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember reading that article, and it made perfect sense. Of course, we're aware attraction doesn't always make sense when it comes to women.

There was that study awhile back that said that women found men who smile less attractive than even guys who appeared shameful. There was a lot of discussion here about it. I don't think you can conclude much from it though, because the method was showing pictures to women and letting them rate them. Actually being smiled at in real life would probably carry an emotional context to it that isn't there with the pictures.

It's odd though, because men rated the pictures with women smiling most attractive, which is just what you would expect. Apparently there is something about men smiling that can suggest weakness. But I think a lot depends on who the man is, and his manner when smiling.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...y-finds-smiling-men-are-less-attractive-women
Lots of these studies are poor in design and the results are misinterpreted by journalists and the laymen doesn't know how to properly read data

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of these studies are poor in design and the results are misinterpreted by journalists and the laymen doesn't know how to properly read data
In the picture they used of the guy smiling, the guy looked like a goof.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When i smile and make eye contact with women ive notice overall very good result.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's interesting though, that the study concluded that men found the women smiling as most attractive. A woman smiling shows that she is eager to please, which goes along with a subserviant nature, and we find that appealing.

Almost all of this DJ/seduction material is based around NOT being too eager to please. That's probably where the disconnect is. For a smiling guy to be attractive, it depends on WHY he is smiling. He needs to be smiling because he's fun, happy, friendly, relaxed, and confident. Whereas with women, it doesn't matter why she's smiling, it's attractive.

I've always thought that the women's faces and jaws are constructed, they seem to naturally show more teeth when they smile.

Thechamp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the article it’s worth a shot I have been trying it , I always smile but using eye contact now I do it more when interacting with women , they seem to want to be around me more see me at work etc I work in retail , like clothes they come in more than the used to nowhere what happens .https://www.sosuave.com/articles/at/magic.htm

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That does not mean it is expressed in smiling at random strangers unless you want to be an easy mark target.
Very situation dependant.
Obv always smiling make you like someone who wants to please everyone.

Smiling in a confident way with eye contact while talking to a women is a good way to create interest imo

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do it more when interacting with women , they seem to want to be around me more see me at work etc I work in retail , like clothes they come in more than the used to nowhere what happens
That is a position where you are serving the public though, just pointing out. Women tend to excel in these positions, because they are natural nurturers and we like it when they are subserviant to us.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This reminds me of a story. I knew someone who had a mentally disabled brother in the family, and he would have violent outbursts and a tendency to hit people (but he was basically harmless).

I knew this and I used to always kind of glare at him when he was around. Because of this, I think he was kind of afraid of me, and he never hit me, and always kept his distance. I was one of the only people he had never hit.

One day he looked a little down in the dumps and I felt kind of sorry for him, so I smiled at him. Sure enough, he popped me. Obviously he took the smiling as a sign of weakness (even though that was not my intent).