Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

All the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...to quote the Raven

I was thinking to myself again tonight, and I thought I might share this with everyone to see what their responce might be.

What if you were a ghost? I'm not talking about the Heaven/Hell idea of life after death and becoming some stereotypical entity, I'm talking about solely being a ghost - the only thing in your world you could interact with and converse with is yourself. You are forever alone to wander the Earth for eternity, what would you do?

Impervious to being detected, and freed from moral restrictions of conventional existance, what would one do if they were truly free to go anywhere and do anything they wanted, despite the inability to physically interact with others?

I can already foresee many responces to the nature of "Oh, dude - I'd spy on the girls locker room 24/7." That isn't exactly surprising or original - I'm asking what would you do with eternity if the only thing that truly acknowledged your existance was yourself? What would you do with this?

You no longer worry about food or water or any of the normal necessities associated with day-to-day life in exchange for being forever alone. Is this a blessing? Is this a curse? Or is this simply something that becomes what we mold it?

I suppose I, personally, would observe life. I would watch as diverse and random of a population as I could (which would, eventually, be basically everyone). I wouldn't be able to write about it or tell anyone what I had found, but I think the personal fulfillment of truly knowing how literally everyone acts in a day-to-day setting would out-weigh the negatives.

Think about it: Every question you ever wanted to know about mankind and how it operates would, in essence, be obtainable via observation and interpretation. Hell, go nuts and see the universe! As stated, however, no one other than yourself would be able to benefit from this but yourself, but that is out of your control. All you could do is simply work with what you have to achieve something incredible.

What do you guys think? Would this be worth it? If so or even if not, then, what would you do if given this scenario? Remember - this is freedom taken to the extreme but also to the very lower limit (i.e. able to do whatever you want but not being able to be seen or to interact with others).

On a side-note - Be creative. Don't limit yourself to simple fantasies!

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting.

I would gather knowledge. I'm supposing I can't open books, but i'd learn everything that I possibly could. Languages.....art.....history etc.

That and spy on world leaders.....always wondered if there was an area 51.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd watch the direction mankind takes on its journey. Always wanted to take a glance at the future.
But remember, earth will end one day... You would float through space forever... Now that would be boring huh?

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
In theory a ghost wouldn't be born. He would just exsist. WHich means I'd do the following.

I'd have a front row seat to ever historical war that ever happened.

I would watch the development of the Ku Klux Klan. (seriously)

I would go see Martin Luther King Jr...(mainly the I have a dream speech)

I would be on that bus that morning when Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat.

I would go to the very first olympic games and watch people guys fight til lthe death!

I would live in the playboy mansion.

I would go to every Formula one race.

I'd go to the very first Daytona 500 (Yeah I like Nascar and you can suck my balls)

I'd go to the first ever INDY 500.

I'd be there when the declearation of independence was signed.

I would listen to Napolean give speeches to his men.

I'd sail with Christopher Columbus.

I'd see if Norma Jean lived up to her hype...

I'd go to everyone of Muhammad Ali's boxing matches.

I'd watch seducers like Gabriele D' Annunzio pimp the women back in the old days.

There'd be so much stuff to do....it's impossible to name everything. Interesting thread though.

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My question would be, why would nature want us to be ghosts when we die?

Is this not a seemingly waste of soul to not use it for something else as nature always intended?

What purpose shall a ghost serve when earth one day end?

Eternity in sorrowful meaningless life of immortality with nothing to achieve and nothing to lose?

This would be a great curse!

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sifer
My question would be, why would nature want us to be ghosts when we die?

Is this not a seemingly waste of soul to not use it for something else as nature always intended?

What purpose shall a ghost serve when earth one day end?

Eternity in sorrowful meaningless life of immortality with nothing to achieve and nothing to lose?

This would be a great curse!
what if nature isent the ones that decides if ur a ghost, if ghosts exist then its more up to the person himself that he wants to move on and see what lies ahead.... And its up to him if he still has an emotional tie with this world.... And how would u know what nature intends to do with the soul if there is such a thing as a soul.... The truth is that we have no idea what the life after death is like , and we just ceep on speculating to reassure ourself that we have nothing to worry about...
Some people leave it in the hands of god cuz they are tired of thinking some people say we are reborn... We are probably so faar from the truth that we would be amazed by it......

the only thing i know is that there is a microscopic magnetic enegry immiting from our bodys and you can actually feel it between you hands if u concentrate hard enough..... Now some people say that it is the aura and other say it is psychic powers.... Now both people tend to say the same **** and make up exelent theories to back it up... But i have to make the choice of believe wich one i should follow... But whatif they are both so way off and the truth would have never come to me cuz i had put my belief in another persons words.... My point of this is that we shouldnt think that we know the truth , we are still just scratching the surface of a giant mountain , we should be open to all points and all wievs and try to understand as much as possible as we can.....

ps sorry for my really bad misspellig.... =P

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said no Heaven/Hell, but this sounds like Heaven to me - freedom from everything: no interpersonal contact, no job, no laws of physics and biology, and with no body, I wouldn't be able to miss things like food, sex, and comfort so I'm even covered there.

I'd spend eternity partaking in things of beauty: museums, classical music, architecture and gardens; I could know the whole world, as well as watch history unfold with no stake in it :D

Last edited:

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Visceral
You said no Heaven/Hell, but this sounds like Heaven to me - freedom from everything: no interpersonal contact, no job, no laws of physics and biology, and with no body, I wouldn't be able to miss things like food, sex, and comfort so I'm even covered there.

I'd spend eternity partaking in things of beauty: museums, classical music, architecture and gardens; I could know the whole world, as well as watch history unfold with no stake in it :D
but it could also become a prison of hell... it all depends on the nature of humanity... if it errupts into war and chatastrophical war, that changes the hole earth then u would be the only existence on a planet of death, no flowers no plants no oksygen only ruins of hope and creativity of mankind, a planet in desstruction and ur the one placed upon it to watch until it is no more then a dead floating rock in the universe..... I would rather know everything then have eternal life..... eternal life is an eternal prison imo .... I have no need to see the desstruction of our race even now the seeds that have been planted by a few people have started to grow and spread like weeds in a backyard and until they destroy everything they will never dissapear even if we all start trying.....

sorry for bumming everyone out =P

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, therein lies the possibility of exploration.

If Earth was destroyed - which it eventually will be via war or in a few billion years when our sun goes Supernova - there still exists the universe. As an ethereal form, things like gravity would no longer dictate a "grounded" state of travel. I would personally love to see what lies beyond the stars we know about, and if anything else exists out there in the beyond - afterall, you'd have eternity to find out.

Another interesting thing to think about is time itself. Time would simply become a word rather than a force, as you would have no limit to how long you would exist (or control, really). What would seem like a lifetime to mortals would basically be nothing, in terms of your duration.

That old quote from Fight Club, "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everything drops to zero," wouldn't apply. There wouldnt be a long enough timeline for you.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if u were stranded in space then that would really have been a prison cuz u have no force or say in what dirrection u would move u would just be a matter deadsstuck in space....

its just hard to immagine being a ghost in space... there are so many factors to consider and we dont even know what being a ghost is, is it being out of face with reality or is it being a coincience without the body... until we know those simple fact it is immpossible to predict what we could do in outer space.....

King of You

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would enter the corpse of the greatest king that ever lived and ressurect other corpses to form a zombie horde that would rape the plant. only small pockets of human civilization would survive while the rise of the dead inhabited the rest of the globe, spreading death for eternity.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Morphiex
if u were stranded in space then that would really have been a prison cuz u have no force or say in what dirrection u would move u would just be a matter deadsstuck in space....

its just hard to immagine being a ghost in space... there are so many factors to consider and we dont even know what being a ghost is, is it being out of face with reality or is it being a coincience without the body... until we know those simple fact it is immpossible to predict what we could do in outer space.....
For the simple sake of simplicity...lets just theorize that, since you're already not bound by forces like gravity or physical barriers such as walls, you can move in space :)

Hell...even if you couldn't, and you simply drifted, that still might be kinda interesting as to where you might go.