Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Affirmations

The Wiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
A while back, I read about how one's thoughts can affect reality. The technique is called affirmations, and many successful people, such as Dilbert author Scott Adams, swear by them. This method has been around for years, and been published in so many different places that it is nearly impossible for me to give credit to whoever invented it.

Anyways, here is how the technique works. You state your goal, and write it down fifteen times in a row once a day.

For example, if your goal is to have a successful dotcom business, then once a day, you would take pen and paper and write down "I, Ford Prefect, will have a successful dotcom busness" times in a row.

Of course, insert your real name, and change the goal to whatever you want. Apply it to your DJ'ing or anything else you desire.

I was pretty skeptical about this stuff at first, but I tried it anyway. To my surprise, it worked! I've been using affirmations ever since to improve everything from my DJ skills to my typing speed. Give it a try. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

blacksun

Don Juan
Reaction score
most of this "how to have success"-books for Tony Robbins, Dale Carnegie, Joseph Murphy and lot of others... say that affirmations are a good and important way. But I think the most people don't believe this until they don't see someone who have had success with affirmations. So couldn't you give us more details how you used affirmations and what effects it did have ?

The Wiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started using affirmations back in March. At the time, I was in a really miserable, frustrating long-term relationship with a total psycho. I tried the affirmation "I, The Wiz, will have a happy, fulfilling relationship. I expected it to improve my current relationship (which I later realized had been beyond repair for about the last 4 months), but I only began to get more and more fed up with that b_tch.

Then, two interesting things happened. I realized that my g/f's friend seemed really into me. That same afternoon, I recieved a link from a friend, and clicked from there to another site to another to another... until arriving at sosuave.com! After learning many important lessons over the next few days, I dumped the psycho, and pretty soon after that I ened up with her friend. That was May 2 (I also had the epiphany that I ought to write down such things as my anniversary and my g/f's birthday), and I'm still with her.

I tried affirmations for several other things. I had a part-time job doing data entry (definite career to avoid like the plague), but I couldn't type fast enough to handle everything, and I was on the verge of getting fired. I started using affirmations to improve my typing speed, and it worked.

After a few mundane things, I next tried it for losing my virginity, and it looks like that'll happen pretty damn soon.

So now, I'm trying two goals at once (I don't know yet if it'll work). To improve my grades and to improve my skill at playing the saxophone. I'll keep you posted as to how those both work out.

oddball

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try these for every aspect of your life.

Three affirmations of purpose

1. I’M A CONFIDENT MAN, I TAKE NOTHING PERSONALLY.
2. I’M A GOOD AND DECENT PERSON.
3. I FULLY ACCEPT MYSELF.

Three affirmations of self-respect.

1. I COUNT.
2. I’M MOVING AHEAD IN MY LIFE AND GETTING MORE OF WHAT I WANT EVERY DAY.
3. I’M A GOOD PERSON TO BE AROUND.

Three affirmations of serenity

1. I AM AT PEACE WITH MYSELF.
2. PEOPLE ARE LOVING AND KIND TO ME.
3. I SURROUND MYSELF WITH GOOD PEOPLE.

Three affirmations of abundance.

1. I AM THANKFUL TO THE MANY PEOPLE WHO CONTRIBUTE TO MY LIFE.
2. I FOCUS ON MY MANY BLESSINGS.
3. I AM FINDING THE GIFT IN ALL EXPERIENCES.

Three affirmations of power and love.

1. I AM POWERFUL AND I AM LOVING.
2. I AM POWERFUL AND I AM LOVED.
3. I AM POWERFUL AND I LOVE IT.

Three affirmations for life.

1. I AM POWERFUL AND I AM LOVING AND I HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR.
2. I KNOW THAT I COUNT AND I ACT AS IF I DO.
3. I AM NOW TURNING INTO THE BEST OF WHO I AM.

Some of this stuff sounds kind of corny but it works.

Hourman1

Reaction score
Wiz (and other DJs who have done this),

I just have one question with affirmations - does this work best with changing my beliefs about myself, or with actual goals

For example, am I best affirming, "I, Hourman1, am a confident, attractive man and act accordingly" or "I, Hourman1, will have a girlfriend by Christmas"? I realize this may be nitpicking, but I want to be sure I'm applying this technique in the right way.

Thanks,
Hourman1

Joseph

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hourman1, this technique is used to assert internal beliefs or over-ride negative emotions and feelings. Affermations really have no control over external objects. So your first one ("I, Hourman1, am a confident, attractive man and act accordingly" )will work well, it will help you to realize the confidence you already have but is hidden by shyness and doubt. The second ("I, Hourman1, will have a girlfriend by Christmas") is not entirely in your control because the girlfriend is an external entity. This is more along the line of goal setting, as you mentioned, and there are other ways for working towards goals.

BigBadJon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like affirmations work like self hypnosis. You're feeding your subconscious mind with suggestions to override whatever "junk" is already in there.
From what I have read, the subconscious mind controls much of our daily lives. Suggestions can be made to alter the way or subconscious thinks, which can result in powerful changes if done the right way.
I gotta try this stuff for myself!

oddball

Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of more like personnel brain-washing or re programing. If when you were growing up your parents would always say that you were clumsy, chances are that today you are. Now it's your turn to program yourself. When a person does affirmations they have to bombard themselves with these words. It doesn't really matter if you believe it or not in the beginning because over time it becomes part of who you are. The terms you should use are "I am", I know, I will. Never say I'll try. You know what YODA says: "do or not do, there is no trying."

SuperM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Wiz:

Just curious- what affirmation are you using about having sex? Post it for me, please.

The Dominated1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a good post lurking towards the back of the tips forum.

thought I would bump it.

See if any body else has some thoughts on this subject matter.

The Legend

Don Juan
Reaction score
Affirmations are very powerfull when you sit down and come up with your own. They can deal with your past,present, or future. Just be very carefull about the way you use them-don't say anything negative or use negative words.

If you really want to create your own affirmations,then get a tape recorder and repeat your list of affirmations for about a half hour.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i believe they work but you need to reinforce the affirmations with action at some point or another...Interesting thread...I copied and pasted the list of affirmations for future reference

Rudy_TubeSteak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am currently doing up a list of my affirmations because I saw a friend's list recently.

I think the best place for it is on the inside of your wardrobe for when you get clothes. i will print my affirmations in big bold, catchy fonts and stick it on the inside part of the door. That way it doesnt clutter up the aesthetics of the room and no one gets to see it if you are self-conscious of your affirmations

I have a question. Say confidence is your main goal. Should the affirmation go like:

a) I will be a confident person
b) I am becoming a confident person
c) I am a confident person.
d) I am being a confident person

Or if the affirmation contains a "doing" word ie 'pursue dreams':

a) I am pursueing my dreams
b) I pursue my dreams
c) I will be pursuing my dreams

I will be posting my list of critiques as soon as someone helps me out in directing me on how to write proper affirmations

Thanks lads.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
c and b

They have to be declarative, like "I am _____" or "I always ______ such and such."

Hope this helps.

Rudy_TubeSteak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are my affirmations...Could someone critique these affirmations and provide postive feedback.

-I am a successful, fun-loving and strong person.

-I am an attractive and desirable person.

-I dominate my state of mind, no one else.

-I am independent of anyone for good things in life.

-I walk away from relationships with no hesitation if I am not getting what I want.

-I am always taking care of Number 1, me.

-I am a kind and generous person regardless of any outcome.

-I am shattering all my limits to achieve my potential.

-I am pursuing my desires, my dreams and my visions.

-I surround myself with positive people.

-I am developing a great self-image, self-esteem and self-confidence.

-I am detaching myself from other’s expectations, emotions and negative influence.

Please feel free to use these if you like them.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heres a good one- i used it for like a year and i definetly noticed interesting results..
i sub-conciously attract beautyfull young ladies everywhere i go...
sweet ain't it? to my suprise within a few months of usage, i started to subtly notice that girls were giving me more IOAs (indicator of attraction) then before, now i don't know if i am more in tune to it or if it's making me act out sub-conciously to get a reaction out of them..who knows, who cares..it worked for me...

affirmlive

Reaction score
Affirmations are very powerfull when you sit down and come up with your own. They can deal with your past,present, or future. Just be very carefull about the way you use them-don't say anything negative or use negative words.

If you really want to create your own affirmations,then get a tape recorder and repeat your list of affirmations for about a half hour.
Yes, I also love to have Affirmations it is really powerful and it changes me a lot. Here are few of the Daily Affirmations to improve Self-Belief:

1. “I am at peace with who I am as a person”
  2. “I trust that I am on the right path“
  3. “I am meant to do great things”
  4. “I love myself and I allow others to love me too”
  5. “I am unique for my qualities and talents”

r4zorsharp

Banned
Reaction score
Affirmations are great and have a lot of powerful potential. Where most people go wrong however is they do them for a bit and stop. The key is to be consistent with your affirmations, as I found their effects have a short timespan of effect, and work best if you repeat them daily and with consistency over long periods of time.