Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

a little secret on aproaching girls

improvingdonjuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fear of aproaching a girl is one of the worst and pointless fears a guy can ever have. me as a guy i still feel kinda nervous when i think about aproaching someone, but let me tell you something my friends girls are social creatures and they are emotional and caring by nature.

here are two things that have worked for me and im talking from experience.

1- when you think about aproaching a girl that is standing or seating there, you are afraid of looking stupid, am i right? you might think what if i say somthing stupid? or why if she is not in the mood? what if she has a bf? what if she blows me off or thinks im a psycho? NO, NO NO NO NO NO thats not the mindset to have when you want to aproach a girl. do not think you are picking her up or do not think you are aproaching to get a date, no you should not think about it. yes thats right when you are going to do something dont think or the negative or positive things just do it

yeah you might be thinking yes thats all good and dandy improvingdonjuan but if i cant help thinking about it and that still doesnt help making it easier. well let me tell you something to be great at picking girls up you need experience the more you do it the easiere it gets, the best way to get experience is by talking to 5,6,7,8, and once you are confortable with that move to the 9,and 10s.

next thing you can do is look around and find something you can introduce your self with that makes it alot easier, lets say she is walking fast you might ask her where she is going in such a hurry, or if she is caring something ask her if its heavy. or anything that stands out you can ask about it. also if she is reading ask her about the book ( you know what i mean?)

one more thing, like i said before girls are friendly emotional and caring creatures. so if you go talk to her she will go with the flow and cary on a conversation (trust me she will) if she is not interested she will try to let you down easy. there are some b*tches out there but they are not that many, trust me. if you go aproach her confidently and friendly she will react positively so thats why you should keep your fears on check.

2- dont think about all the bad things that can happen cause thats not usually the outcome when you aproach a girl. the worst thing that can happen is a girl not giving you her number, or leting you down easy. you will not look stupid or anything you are not going to die or be laught at by your friends. have you ever stoped and notice how stupid and hilarious a guy looks just standing there thinking about aproaching and never having the balls to do it? now that is something to laugh at.

dont sweat it, just think you are being friendly and act confidently and you will succeed. thats why you should practice over and over again. make this a long tearm goal because it takes time but if you are determined to do it you will succeed, this is not overnight and you will not find a majic pill that will make you a casanva, you need to practice and be consistent.

------------------
Confidence is the key to women

wjboogy

Banned
Reaction score
i dont know about you, but where i live girls arent friendly in letting you down. Im friendly by nature, a nice guy. But, boy, they dont wanna hear a word i have to say. Thats sad.

Honestly, what you say about having the balls to approach, isnt all its cracked up to be. Id rather just wonder about it, then go up there and get my face thrown in the dirt. Its not worth it.

Lorenzo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl was being *****y to me, so all of a sudden I yelled(this is ina publick place, mind you):

"50 BUCKS!?!?! Ur not worth 50 BUCKS!!!" and walk away shakin ur head...

And if they are all being *****y, come up to her and say this "hey, i'm mr right, i herd you were lookin fo me"
this can have 2 reactions, really good or REALLY bad, if ur alrady gettin REALLY bad, may as well try it, most chicks where i'm from laugh...

another one to try is "walk up, say hi, sorry to dissapoint you but i don't ahve any cheesy pick-up lines to use... o maybe this one... <STRONG ITALIAN ACCENT>"EY, HOW U DO'IN'?" once again, u eather get a wierd look, or a laugh, depends on teh chick...

try em each 5 times man, trust me, it'll b both fun and acouple times u'll get some good convo's goin... have fun!

------------------
Master Don Juan
Anthony (Lorenzo)
AIM: EnzoOOI
E-mail: Monsterous_popo@greatestgamers.com

"Son, back in my day... a 'back-ho' was a tool" -My Daddy

DonJoey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing is to not get discouraged when (notice I say WHEN not IF) you fail to pick up.
Rehash the scene in your head and try and spot where you think you might have gone wrong and also dont discard the idea that the girl you approached was just a plain bytch who simple wasnt interested no matter what you say.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"i dont know about you, but where i live girls arent friendly in letting you down."

We need some of those girls where I live. Honestly, I rarely get rejected, but I do get lead on and play a lot of phone tag for nothing! It's the girl's way of "being nice." I'd prefer blunt and to the point.

Cuffer

Don Juan
Reaction score
You say to practise on the 5's, 6, 7's, but the problem with that is when you yourself are are above that. I am a model and I'm expected to pick up the 9's, so i feel pressure to only go after those ones.. which is pretty tough. And if I want to go up to a 7, my friends ask me what the hell I'm doing... There should be a way to make things easier..

wjboogy

Banned
Reaction score
donjoey says,

discard the idea that the woman you approached was just a plain biatch and wasnt interested in anything, no matter what you had to say"

Well bud, dont move to Virginia, cause i walked up to a cute girl over this past summer in the mall whom was walkin by herself for a looonnngg time. She was wearing a very attractive outfit. Tight shirt, tight jeans. All i said was," excuse me can i talk to you for a....." she cut me off and said, "look, dont talk to me okay..i dont wanna talk, go away."

When you get reactions from that from girls on a regular basis like me. You tend to rethink the advise here

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that's too blatant. What you're SUPPOSED to do is make up some cheesy excuse to talk to her such as "excuse me, but do you know where such and such place is?"

I have never met any bi tches like her, maybe she was having a REALLY bad day. I mean, why else would she say that when she doesn't even KNOW you for pete sake?

BGMan

Lorenzo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
<Shean Connery accent>Ahh yes, that leads me to a question, an enigma, if you will.

Anyway, when u guys walk up to women, what exactly do u say, I mean to the word... I have found many things with many differn't approaches(note it is a "successful" if the conversation continued, and was interesting):
1)The standard, "Hi, I'm Anthony, whats ur name?"
this has a success rate of probubly 15%
2)Add a little pre-conversation eye contact, and a smile, then "Hi, I'm Frado, whats ur name?"
success rate 20%
3)A small "line" that ties into the situation... [she is waiting on me in a store... says "need anything else?"]
"how about a smile?" <she smiles, laughs> "Hi I'm Giovani, whats ur name?"
success rate 25-35%(depending on how good ur comment was).

I want everyone who reads this and has ever walked up to a girl they didn't no and it worked, but ew all no it was <shean connory accent> "only on a count of villany!"

------------------
Master Don Juan
Anthony (Lorenzo)
AIM: EnzoOOI
E-mail: Monsterous_popo@greatestgamers.com

"Son, back in my day... a 'back-ho' was a tool" -My Daddy

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wjboogy:
i dont know about you, but where i live girls arent friendly in letting you down. Im friendly by nature, a nice guy. But, boy, they dont wanna hear a word i have to say. Thats sad.

Honestly, what you say about having the balls to approach, isnt all its cracked up to be. Id rather just wonder about it, then go up there and get my face thrown in the dirt. Its not worth it.
You pathetic AFC!! Of course it's worth it...unless you want to live in fear of girls all your life, then be a man and get over it and actually do some approaching.

[This message has been edited by Guitar_Whizz (edited 08-20-2002).]