Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A guy's height

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sisko
Well think abouth the protection theory.

Who would you rather have a 2 on 2 fight by your side (and you got a short and a tall man, both of which you see the first time,
to choose from) ?
I'd prefer the guy who can actually fight. On first inspection I'd choose the bigger taller stronger looking guy...but if that tall guy's body language is that of a complete pansy, I'd choose the shorter guy if he has more agressive body language and actually looks like he knows how to fight.

That's why I said before that when you are with a chick, if she is wanting a guy who is taller for 'protection' reasons, you should make it your mission to make her feel secure in your presence. AND if you do some type of martial art (that's actually useful) then you'll go a long way in achieving that mission truthfully.

VictorK

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'4, never had any complaints from the females about being 'too tall'.

Mystic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by VictorK
I'm 6'4, never had any complaints from the females about being 'too tall'.
how much do you weigh? do guys complain?

Overhand_Right

Reaction score
i am 5'5 and my height never bothered me. except one time a girl told my friend if i was a couple inches taller she would go out with me.i chalked it up to her being a cold shallow (fat) *****. reading these height threads is making me more unsure of my height than i was before, lol. oh and i know i can kick some ass so thats not a problem.

p.s i noticed some MMAers in this thread :)

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'4'', and the next guy who asks me "how's the weather up there?" is getting a black eye.

Anyway...everyone has something about themselves they're insecure about that they can't change. I don't know anyone who doesn't have some insecurity about their body.

Plus being tall isn't all good. My style is the slim "hipster" (for lack of a better term) look, sort of like what Urban Outfitters pitches. Well good luck being 6'4'' and finding clothes like that. For some reason clothing companies have decided that if you are above 6'2'' you must want to dress up in baggy FUBU gear and walk around with your back pockets touching your knees. Good luck finding size 14 anything besides shiny silver Air Jordans. I had to special-order a pair of Adidases from the States.

Alright enough rambling...look here's an inspirational story for ya'll...I have a friend who is on the short side, but he just ROCKS and doesn't give a ****. He's a professional boxer and in crazy good shape, social as hell, and has more testosterone than anyone I've ever met. And after a few minutes around him, because of his confidence and the way he runs the group conversations, you forget his height entirely. And this guy gets girls like nothing else.

Here's another thought -- there are alot of short chicks (5'0 - 5'5) who are hot as hell. Well guess what guys, as long as you're a great guy and a bit taller she's probably not gonna give a fvck that you're not 6'.

VictorK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mystic
how much do you weigh? do guys complain?
I'm about 200-205 lbs, I play a lot of sports so I carry it well. Guys dont really complain but someone said earlier something like anything over 6'2 is freakish tall. All the girls I have ever met had no problems with me being tall.

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
being tall isn't all that..

In order to pull it off you need to be in shape too..

I'm 6'4" but I'm really skinny (only about 150lbs)

This means I just look lanky..

If I was the same build but 4 or 5" shorter I reckon I'd do much better with girls..

I'm trying to bulk up but its a slow process.. and I'm one of those people that has never eaten much or really liked food that much anyway

you can't change your height so just make the most of what you got.

and yeah, buying trousers is a nightmate... I was shopping in a department store and asked if any of the manufacturers did longer leg sizes than standard "long" which assumes you are 6'2".. the shop assistant said.. 'yeah I think Armani do some longer leg sizes.." like I can afford armani..

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, i'm only about 5"8- 5"9ish

i used to be really really skinny, then a few years ago I started pumping some major iron. Girls love my muscles, I still don't get the looks from random girls that a taller guy would get (it's sad that tall guys, no matter how their appearance is always get looks, pisses me off!), but my presence is pretty darn huge.

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Something I noticed yesterday at high school:

There were three 15 yr old girls talking to the 8 yr old brother of one of the girls, and he was not only TINY TO THEM, but it wasnt the "aww he is so cute look"....he was telling a story and they all were laughing and paying attention

Dont worry about the uncontrollables, worry about what you can change in life.....

Im 6'1, very good looking, good build.....dosent mean JACK SH1t if i dont use what im blessed with......

WHy do u think there are 5'3 players in the NBA< theyre extremely hardworking and fight against the unctrollableas and critics

obijuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Height matters to some women and not to others. You can't do anything about it so get over it.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
old post...

i'd like to add something that hasn't been brought up yet:

i'm pretty short, since i'm 5'9 in a city where the average height is around 5'11-6'0... obviously, i'd pay to grow at around 6'0 (but even 5'10-5'11 would be gold), but there's one thing i notice:

the taller you are, the harder it is that you will get approached by girls. this also works if you're built. when i was 130-135 lbs, i used to get approached at least once a week, even when walking down the streets. now i'm 150 (but i have a bigger upperbody, people think i'm 165 or so) and i get approached like once a month or even less. i notice this about my friends too... there are some who are just as goodlooking as me, but over 6'1 and they never get approached by girls. the taller guy in my group who gets approached is my brother who is 6'0, however he never gets approached directly, but usually girls ask to be introduced to him by mutual friends. i'm the only one who gets approached by strangers at school or in the streets, and i'm not more handsome than my friends. i guess the only reason for me being approached is that i'm short. probably girls are intimidated by tall/built guys

anyway, when you are the one who approaches or who's introduced to a girl, height matters and being anywhere between 6'0 and 6'3 is a solid advantage over being shorter

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you are extremely short like a dwarf, height is not a big enough issue to pay attention to. I'm 5'6 and get checked out by girls.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone remember that movie "Rush Hour 2"? (jackie chan)

There was an Asian guy in there, the leader of a crime syndicate, who was probably like 5'0 or something. But the way he carried himself, he appeared to be a much "taller" person - very calm, never angry, always in control.

wowiehowie

Banned
Reaction score
I'm 6'6", 245 lbs, and a fvckin' Adonis! Large hands, large feet and large... , well you get the picture. It definetly does help.

Just being tall isn't enough. You gotta be proportioned. For all fledgling DJ's out there who are tall, a bit of advise.: NEVER EVER slouch in front of anyone; be it male or female. If you do, it shows that you feel less than comfortable with yourself and need to be accomodating. Let them all look up to you, as they all bleeding well should!!!

doommarine44

Reaction score
5'7 is ok dont disgress.. if you were 5'5 then i'd worry.. lol
Most of my friends are 5'7 and they do just fine.

but girls do like tall guys, very very fortunatly i am 6'2.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
height is overrated

the reason some of you shorter guys struggle is because you are obviously insecure and because of that you make the taller guys look more dominant

the majority of couples I see are close in height so I don't know where some of you are getting this bull**** that a woman wants a guy atleast a head taller than her

as long as you are taller than the girl you are pursuing you'll be alright for the most part

if you're short build up your muscles

PoS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sugarfoot
Yes, it matters alot to many girls.

A quite unfortunate phenomenon is that short women love tall guys. I've heard many women tell me that they refuse to go out with anyone shorter than 5'10". Of course, just because they say so does not necessarily mean they will live by it.
I've met plenty of women who dreamt of a tall, handsome guy to sweep them away, but ended up with shorter guys that had other outstanding features. Look at the midget Tom Cruise: he had (and to some extent still has) millions of women wanting to jump his stumpy little bones. And what is he? like 4'8"?

The point is this: as long as you're attractive in other areas, you will still have success with women, though it will be more difficult than if you had a few more inches.

If you're ugly and short, however, best of luck to you!

TOOTLES™
Well, tom cruise has a handsome face, a movie star and has lots, lots and lots of money.

Badmannaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i was reading a magazine with a single women issue and 90% of the women said they wanted a guy who was tall

I'm 6'0 with shoes on i wish i was taller i don't think that that's tall enough if i were 6'2 i would be satisfied

but i'm 18 does anyone know when the male body stops growing in height??

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have seen too many HB's with poor, average looking short guys to consider height being of paramount importance to women.

I am 5-8-5-9 border line average height, but I have a lean muscular body and a good face. I get plenty of looks not only from women but from men as well ( no I am not gay). Regardless, there are many guys who are shorter than me and not as good looking who get more women because they are confident and have the guts to approach.

Granted, another guy with just as good a face and body but taller would probably attract more women. But the point is don't let height become a major insecurity issue and just thank god you are not a 4-0 dwarf.