Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A guy's height

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey u all. I dont want to seem superficial here, but theres only one thing thats kind of keeping my confidence down. Im not a nervous wreck, im not really upset about it, but my height just kinda seems like it willhurt my game. im 5'6 5'7" and it seems like that most girls will instantly rule u out of her potential hook-up book if ure short and especially if she's taller than u. Help me out here, are any of u short? DO u think height matters a lot?

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...height is a *****. Women do care about looks- and I think one of the key ingredients to being what women call a 'hot' guy is being decently tall, like 5'10-6'2. Much taller than that and you're into freakish range, much shorter and you're a dwarf.

I'm 5'8". Women are naturally going to notice the tall guys. They have that advantage. But I find that is really the only huge issue. It's just a little harder for a short guy to get attention. Once you manage to get her attention, the field is pretty even. Plus, you'd be surprised how many 'fetishes' women have for strange looking guys. Some of them might find short guys adorable.

But in general, it's just something you have to work around. Being 5'7'' and having great confidence is no big deal. Being 5'7'' and being insecure about it can be tragic.

You need to come to terms with your height, there's no way around it. Know that it won't prevent success with women- at worst it will just require you to put in more effort. And that is always something you can do.

Sugarfoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it matters alot to many girls.

A quite unfortunate phenomenon is that short women love tall guys. I've heard many women tell me that they refuse to go out with anyone shorter than 5'10". Of course, just because they say so does not necessarily mean they will live by it.
I've met plenty of women who dreamt of a tall, handsome guy to sweep them away, but ended up with shorter guys that had other outstanding features. Look at the midget Tom Cruise: he had (and to some extent still has) millions of women wanting to jump his stumpy little bones. And what is he? like 4'8"?

The point is this: as long as you're attractive in other areas, you will still have success with women, though it will be more difficult than if you had a few more inches.

If you're ugly and short, however, best of luck to you!

TOOTLES™

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Height matters 50x more in a workplace than in a relationship. 5'6" really isn't bad at all. I'm 6'1" myself but i have a ton of friends below average height. They're perfectly fine when they act confident and in control. Don't let height get to ya.

Switch around the situation. If a girl was a b cup instead of a c cup, would u ditch her on the spot?

Mercenary

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All you need to remember is that Napoleon was a pimp... and so was Wilt Chamberlain.

The importance of looks for a man is comperable to confidence and charisma for women.

You might hear a lot of women say "I only date men taller than me." But all they are really saying is "I only date men who are confident." Many women associate shorter men with waning confidence. The prophecy is self-fulfilling if you let your height become a barrier between you and women. Show them that you are a pimp and height won't even be an issue.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes height matters alot, theres no denying it by trying to translate what it means.

J-Man

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
YES. height does matter. i used to be really good looking but then all my friends got tall and i didnt. im only 5 fvcking 6. i have a great body and face etc. but it just doesnt do sh1t for me. women dont even notice me when im with my friends who are over 6 feet tall. dont even FVCKING notice me.

but what can i do about it? NOTHING. so im not gonna b1tch about it. im not even gonna think about it. it will only hurt me. so im gonna forget it and be a p1mp anyway :mad: (...alone lol)

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think women incorporate tall height with big body = better protection.

in general women would feel safer and more secure around a guy that's big enough to protect her. generally size/height intimidate or make you seem intimidating to ppl that are of lesser height, psychology working both ways on both sexes. even tho you may not be buff and cut, you'll be a-ok with height.

but the key ingredient will always be confidence. if ur a 6'5 guy and lack any confidence you'll lose all game vs a 5'6" guy

no matter what your height is confidence will still get you where you want to be.

but i think in general, in society, the average to tall height guys will be respected more than the lesser hieght guys

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RE: Height

Unlike penis length, height matter tremendously. I know tons of girls who wouldn't go out with a guy ONLY because he's not tall enough.

You have to be at least a head taller than your girl for the couple to look natural.

It's much much harder for short people

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
survival of the fittest and selective breeding is practically hard wired into our brains. thats why the ppl who are more physically/mentally stable/fit will benefit more from their traits.

im a guy, and truthfully speaking i wouldnt want to have kids with a girl that's too short. im 5'10", and i'd prefer a girl around my height at least 5'7", i dont think i'd want my kids to be short.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you are 5'8", that is not tall, but not as short as some of the other guys here who are 5'5-5'6". You are a little below average height, and taller than most girls.

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alnmost all of u say that girls want a man that can "protect her" so naturally..they'll choose the taller guy because subconsciously they like the size as protection. What if im 5 7 but like 175-185 pounds and like ripped. NOt like a block of muscle which is unattractive, but i mean like stouter and bigger muscles at a small height. Will that make any difference?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brak86
alnmost all of u say that girls want a man that can "protect her" so naturally..they'll choose the taller guy because subconsciously they like the size as protection. What if im 5 7 but like 175-185 pounds and like ripped. NOt like a block of muscle which is unattractive, but i mean like stouter and bigger muscles at a small height. Will that make any difference?

Absolutely. ;) And I'm not saying this because I am only average height, either (5'9"). It's just a truth. Tall, in-shape guys have it best, obviously. But a shorter but fit man with a solid and lean physique (but NEVER like a brick shyt-house, that's just unappealing) can definately be appealing to a woman if he handles himself well.

What I mean by that is that just because you're shorter, you should NEVER try to be aggressive and over-eager in being "manly". Even if you are built and hunky. Because you are shorter, women will come up with all sorts of excuses to cut you down if they're annoyed, accusing you of "compensating" (basically throwing the cliched "Napoleon Complex" thing in your face). So be careful. It's best to be calm and in control, but firm like a man. This goes double if you're a short, but built man.

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Brak, I'm about the same height as you, as yes I have found height to be a slight hindrance.

The main problem is women WON'T check you out. I see girls trying to get EC with my taller friends all the time, but it's rare if I catch them looking at me.

Don't lose all hope though, men are supposed to be the initiators. Nobody but the tallest model guys would get puzzy if they waited for girls to make all the moves.

You'll find that as soon as you make the approach, the girl will be impressed by your confidence (particularly because her primitive female psyche assumes you'll be a weak, scared little man). In fact, it may even help that you're short because she won't be intimidated and will probably open up to you quicker because you aren't a "big sleazy guy".

I personally think guys who wait for repeated eye contact are cheaters. If you just dive right in your confidence and skills will improve even more rapidly. And it will come across in the way you carry yourself.

Sure, I've had my fair share of flakes and shorter guys do put up with some degree of female discrimination, but just think about how much more you've changed yourself in order to be appealing than your average 6'0" 'manlier' dude.

This happened to me at a club a couple of nights back (read FR I posted):
The girl was 5'9" and we were sitting on the couch the whole time. She was already giving me positive signals. I am proportionately shorter in the legs so my height looks less while standing.
On asking what she likes in a guy, she said, "Taller than me"
Hmmmmmm. If I still had issues with my shortcoming I would have lost it at that point, but I used it to my advantage.
I confidently stood up and said, "Cmon lets compare". She rose slowly and once she realised she'd be taller than me, she giggled embarrassedly and sat back down.

I sat back down and used push/pull C+F, facing my upper body away from her with arms crossed, and ****y grin on face. Then she kinoed me with both hands on the shoulders trying to pull me back around saying, "Nooo, turn around, I didn't know... :)"

I think she assumed I'd be taller judging by my confidence and personality, or it was a sh1t test. Either way, her interest level did increase after this (it was going up steadily the whole time though), and it's because I took it like a man and didn't get offended like a little puzzy.

So yeah, confidence goes a long way man. Height means sh1t if you know your stuff - just don't expect to be approached.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ScrewIt
i think women incorporate tall height with big body = better protection.

in general women would feel safer and more secure around a guy that's big enough to protect her. generally size/height intimidate or make you seem intimidating to ppl that are of lesser height, psychology working both ways on both sexes. even tho you may not be buff and cut, you'll be a-ok with height.

but the key ingredient will always be confidence. if ur a 6'5 guy and lack any confidence you'll lose all game vs a 5'6" guy

no matter what your height is confidence will still get you where you want to be.

but i think in general, in society, the average to tall height guys will be respected more than the lesser hieght guys
This is very true. I also think some women have a complex about dating men smaller and thinner than them, because they think it will make them look fat etc.

But ultimately it needn't affect your game. Some of the best DJs I've known have been about the same height as me, about 5'7". It's all about confidence and projecting alpha male status. Eg the other day I was chatting to a honey while in the pub. I'd been sitting down all night and when we got up at the end of the evening she said 'Oh...you looked much taller sitting down!'

Oddly, a lot of women under average height seem to prefer men over average height, this is probably some sort of compensation for feeling vunerable. Average and tall girls don't seem to mind so much what height you are.

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, height is a pathetic excuse for feeling insecure. Some of the greatest DJ's/seductionists are 5ft7...That guy Gunwitch is 5ft7 as well.

It's true that women prefer taller guys but they only want that because it makes them feel more secure.

So, being a shorter guy, all you got to do is make them 'feel' secure. If you get fit and do some decent martial arts you will be able to protect them better than you think.

Do some Boxing/muay thai + BJJ and you'll be good to go :)

The other advantage of being shorter is that chicks are less intimidated by you. I think this could be a MASSIVE advantage when doing cold approaches on the street. They would feel less threatened I think :)

I dunno, I feel good about my height which is 5ft7 or 5ft8 with some ordinary shoes on :cool:

Sisko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well think abouth the protection theory.

Who would you rather have a 2 on 2 fight by your side (and you got a short and a tall man, both of which you see the first time,
to choose from) ?