Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

10 Years at Sosuave

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
whats up bro. ive been here a long time myself...havent really used the site much for 7 years or so tho...but damn this is probably the forum ive been registered at the longest...realy helped shape my alpha life.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the good thing about sosuave and the reason I am back on here more now after messing around on other forums for too long. Sosuave has personality and real people on it, not just a bunch of fvcks writing brag reports and marketing boot camps. Good post!

Szyzzlin

Don Juan
Reaction score
you're the man buddy!!! I remember you from back in the day, early 2000's... my original name was "wheelin&dealin". You helped me out a tonne.. I went from being average with girls to making 10/10s fall in love ;)

thanks alot buddy!

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:

Marriage

Completely your choice. All I can suggest is that if you decide to do it, do it only ONCE in your life. It's too expensive to get married AND divorced.

If I were to do it again, I would just throw a pseudo wedding. I'd invite my relatives and friends to celebrate our moving in together. We could have a friend perform the ceremony, she could wear a white dress, but there would be NO SIGNING of any legal papers.

Besides, the purpose of a wedding is solely the celebration. The laws are changing to make common-law marriage just as valid as traditional marriages. She can now take half (or all) your 5hit if she lives with you for more than six months.
Guys. This is a great post, totally comprehensive, but let's let this one myth die. I knit pick because I lived it and I watched others live it as well. Common Law marriage is not currently the law in all 50 states of the US. Living with someone 6 months does not make you common law married. What defines common law marriage is when you hold yourself out to be married. ie. Introducing your girlfriend as your wife and acting as if she is your wife. Or as the OP put it, having a faux wedding ceremony. And then it only applies in states that recognize it. If your state does not, it is not binding. If your state does, it's binding in your state and other states as well. Those laws have not changed in the good ole US of A.

I was with my girlfriend for seven years and she found she had no grounds to that as I had never represented her in word, deed or document as my wife. I had a buddy who did the opposite and got court raped. Be aware and be informed.

http://www.unmarried.org/common-law-marriage-fact-sheet.html

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
let's let this one myth die. I knit pick because I lived it and I watched others live it as well. Common Law marriage is not currently the law in all 50 states of the US.
Yeah, I forgot to put that in. In my Province (in Canada) as of 2004, they recognize common-law as being equal to marriage. The woman is entitled to half your 5hit if you live with her.

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have always enjoyed your posts and debating things with you through the years. I have been here for about 9 years and your contribution has been such an asset to the board. Keep it up!

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice post. I've been perfecting my dj skills since 2002 landing my first hb10 in 2004 to dating my first serious gf in 2005-06 to the bachelor life now all is good

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is such a good post. Really eye opening to read a story like this and get perspective from another man who has been here about as long as I have - only I joined the forum when I was 15.

Don't think that was an advantage. It wasn't. It took me a long ass time to assimilate and apply ANY of the knowledge I gained here. Its only within the past several years of graduate school that I've really started to date many women.

Anyway, I have a question. I really empathize with this paragraph here:

There was one thing that took me by surprise when I got back into the dating world. After being in a relationship where I had been neglected for so long, I subconsciously starved for the attention of a woman. I was constantly fighting one-itis and trying to keep my emotions under control. Receiving the attention of a woman was like a drug. For the next two women that I dated for somewhat long periods of time, I found myself being extremely needy for their company even though I knew better.
This. This is something I grapple with far, far too often. After high school I endured one of the most heart wrenching breakups I've ever experienced, and it literally took me 6 months to stop thinking about her. After this happened I went through two more heartbreaks before I realized something was seriously wrong.

Its happening right now. I met a woman about a month ago that is highly desirable. Borderline 9. Extremely intelligent. Great sex. Everything I could possibly want. And that is the problem. She is like a drug to me, and I recognize it but its no good - I have felt tremors of oneitis. This is even with another girl Im seeing, who isnt as good looking but is a complete sweetheart and treats me like a king. Just HOW does one deal with this?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited:

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy $hit, what an epic 10 years.

This is gold, thanks man. You have no idea how much it helps n00bs like me for someone to summarise years and years of experience into a few posts on a forum. It was like I lived those 10 years in a flash. So many valuable lessons here.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
great post and experience. I'm going down the same path as you and reading your posts i've made some of the exact same mistakes. It seems your second marriage you managed to develop a slight oneitis for her as well.

It also seems you got married early (in my terms of age). I used to want to get married as early as possible and live the fairy tale life. I had the confidence i could do whatever i needed to support the family, etc. but now that i'm more experienced i don't plan on marrying till late twenties or early 30's.

I have dreams, goals, and current responsibilities i need to tackle before i can maintain a relationship let alone a family.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

HBK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm also 10 years on this website.

When I first came here, i was 18, shy, very insecure and awkward, and couldn't talk to women. They were a mystery to me, and something I felt I couldn't conquer.

From my college years, to early career to now nearly 30 years of age, i used the guides, advice, and peoples help to transform not only my love life, but also my mind, my body and to certain degrees, my career.

I have enjoyed great success, and also failures in the last 10 years, however i have the tools to help me get through any situation, regroup, and carry on from what I have learnt on this site.

Thank you to all the DJ's at Sosuave, and all the members who have advised and helped me in the past. You have changed my life for the better. I look forward to the next 10 years :)

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Time to bump the last chapter of the Bible... A great read if you haven't lately.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Damn desd, this was a powerful thread. The break down is.so simple yet any people over look how easy getting a number ans progressing.to sex really is! Glad your still around to teach what you learned to all of us.

Hydrak

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome read bro. :D

j0504s

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ConcernedLauries Bed w/ olivia...NY/SoFlo
this deserves a bump nicely done

Wolfgang D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent posts, Desdinova. A very educating read, seeing how you went from AFC to DJ, to unhappily married, to wiser DJ. The advice is good too.

And considering that you come from Canada this shows some people who complain about American women that the problems with approaching and dating, and the solutions to them, are the same all over. The women's nationality is not an excuse when you strike out.

I will read through it again later, skimmed some parts. This is like a little Mini Bible.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. Its very inspirational to see transformation of members here. I'm currently going through the journal from acf to don juan and man is it tough.