Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Man has facially disfiguring brain cancer - his girlfriend says her mental health plummeted, so she left him

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I mean it's a tough spot to be in. She isn't married to him. One of the absolute worst feelings you can have is to see someone you love with a terminal illness and knowing there is nothing you can do. The feeling of helplessness can be overwhelming and take you to a very dark place that can be very hard to get out of and dangerous to be in.

I can't fault her for not wanting that for herself.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She isn't married to him.
They were in the process of buying a house together, so for all intents and purposes they were married.
Admittedly, this is a very tough situation, but it highlights the importance of a woman's loyalty. If you're together because of love, she won't leave you until you die/go insane. If she's with you to split bills, then when you lose your job or get sick, bye bye. My feeling is that she has some serious issues and this marathon thing is actually about her, not him. :rolleyes:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
They were in the process of buying a house together, so for all intents and purposes they were married.
Admittedly, this is a very tough situation, but it highlights the importance of a woman's loyalty. If you're together because of love, she won't leave you until you die/go insane. If she's with you to split bills, then when you lose your job or get sick, bye bye. My feeling is that she has some serious issues and this marathon thing is actually about her, not him. :rolleyes:
Unless you have been in this situation you will never know what you will do. All this theory is meaningless. Every person reacts differently and trying to predict how that will be is an effort in futility.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We don't know what is going on here. First they are not married... and unless you have been put in a position to have to care for someone who might not survive then don't judge.

Second, this guy needs to focus on recovery and the last fvcking thing in the world he needs is to have some fvcking chick around that doesn't really care about him. He chose poorly the woman he let into his life. You don't need a partner that is only going to be there for you when things are good. The way I look at this is that this 'relationship' was doomed from the start.... if the cancer hadn't done it in, it would have been something else, later own AFTER they bought this house and had kids.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Im kind of with @RangerMIke on this one. Im sorry about the cancer, but on the bright side, it made her show her true colors sooner rather than later.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 posters already have said ... oh, they weren't married. As if marriage means a signed paper and vows said in front of a priest. As if those 2 actions that are carried out in an afternoon are somewhat more powerful than living together for years (presumably in this case) and planning to buy a house together.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a horrible thing to do to someone but at the same time I can't imagine wanting to stick around as my girlfriend slowly dies of a terminal illness instead of being able to live my life properly.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
It’s a very difficult situation to be in. But instead of righteous indignation we should ask ourselves what we would do if we were in the same situation.

What would you do if your gf suddenly became handicapped in some horrible way? Many here would summarily say “if she stops giving you bj’s leave her”. This is the same situation in reverse.

Is it not?

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew he was the one as soon as I met him. I had broken up with my ex-boyfriend a few months previously and was ready to meet someone new. So I signed up to the dating app Bumble, and that was how I found Jelle. A Dutch software engineer working for Google in London, he was kind, quirky and funny. I was a school physics teacher, so we were both quite nerdy, science types, and I loved how active he was, always going running or climbing in his spare time.

We were both so sure the relationship was right, we told each other during our second date: “This is it.” We had got together during the pandemic, in summer 2020, me aged 30, him 34, and when the second lockdown was announced I asked him to move in.

Going by the part I bolded, I think she would've left him if he had lost his well paying job with Google and couldn't make the mortgage payments to the house they were about to purchase.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Going by the part I bolded, I think she would've left him if he had lost his well paying job with Google and couldn't make the mortgage payments to the house they were about to purchase.
This.

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
3 posters already have said ... oh, they weren't married. As if marriage means a signed paper and vows said in front of a priest. As if those 2 actions that are carried out in an afternoon are somewhat more powerful than living together for years (presumably in this case) and planning to buy a house together.
Lol. I don’t mean to be rude but this logic is stupid. Yes that little paper and priest with the vows makes a big difference. It also entitles her to half of your sh1t.

Some states do have weird laws about living together and jointly owned property, but nothing has harsh as dividing married assets in a divorce. So as long as she isn’t married to him, her status is just a girlfriend, irrespective of the number of years they been together

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If I get with a girl, am I morally obligated to take care of her if she becomes ill? That’s not what I signed up for and so I can’t be judgmental in this case.

Men, the only woman that will stand next to you no matter what your troubles is your Mother. The only exceptions I’ve seen are in the 70+ generation who got married at 18 and been together for 50+ years.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage is just a contract, a piece of paper.

You lose the "Frame" you lose the "Game".

Unfortunately this guy got cancer so regardless of him having any frame/game in his relationship he lost the ability to be utility to the woman and she left. This is nature this is normal.

Hopefully he recovers and learns to play the game !!! Because buying a house would have been a dumb move.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol. I don’t mean to be rude but this logic is stupid. Yes that little paper and priest with the vows makes a big difference. It also entitles her to half of your sh1t.

Some states do have weird laws about living together and jointly owned property, but nothing has harsh as dividing married assets in a divorce. So as long as she isn’t married to him, her status is just a girlfriend, irrespective of the number of years they been together
Of course marriage has legal consequences which vary widely based on duration or jurisdiction. There's also the 'common law' marriage notion which says that if you live together for a certain period of time (again, varies based on jurisdiction, 1-2 years) you're considered married in eyes of the law. That's totally beside the point, which was about how the woman views commitment and loyalty.