Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What happened to the purple pill?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed that the purple pill seems to be dying a silent death.

At first it seemed this pill was the ultimate cope for ltr minded men. You can't deny facts, so you learn about redpill, realize you are blue and thus you become purple. Given the fact that 99% of men are born bluepilled, I'd expected the purple pill to become the next big thing.

But instead it became the blackpill. Tbh I learned about the blackpill long time after i learned about purple. At first black seemed like a joke, but it's clearly taking over now.

Whatever happened to the purplepill? The pill where men can enjoy women's company, date them, even live with them but yet they always keep the exit door open just a little bit, just in case...

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think it fades out because it does not tend to be as controversial or echo chamber or as popular as the other positions. Sensationalism tends to sell rather than nuances and things tend to go on extremes.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think the purple pill was all too real.

There is a blue-red-black pill continuum.

Red pill guys can go exclusive. Living with a woman is a bad idea.

The growth in the last 7-10 years is in the black pill. Millennials and Gen Z seem to possess more of a black pill ideology than a red pill ideology when they aren't blue pill.

I look at the men in my local area social circle and most are blue pill.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My take on the purple pill concept was the more libby, disney, afc guys who couldn't truly come to terms with a lot of the red pills truths and as such found ways to rationalize and combat the things they were presented with in their own little circle jerk echo chamber (mostly on reddit).

You do not like being told and shown your mental framework is in many respects inaccurate to the way things really are, thus the red pill matrix analogy. People do not like being unplugged they will often do whatever it takes to not change. Present someone with a truth which opposes their current mindset and they are more then likely to reject it and lash out at you.
To quote Jack Nicholson from a few good men:
"You can't handle the truth"
As I looked into the purple pill (long after finding the red pill), I found one common thread amongst everything.

You see men in particular who formerly rejected the red pill only to later over time realize that it is true and accepted it. One look at the purple pill subreddit and you will see most men siding with the redpill (and some women). The majority of purple folks are really on the fence about the whole thing or living in a state of denial. Nearly every argument in opposition to the red pill praxeology is quickly shut down and generally reinforced by empiricism, whereas the blue/purple side has next to nothing but anecdotal stories which carries little weight when engaging in such a polarizing topic.

I have found most men initially reject the red pill and criticize it and would rather stay with what Nietzsche would refer to as "the herd". These men are so plugged into this narrative they've been fed their whole life that they reject the red pill. Where inversely, the men (and women) that are more free/deep thinkers seem to be more receptive to the concept of red pill on the whole.

I initially opposed aspects of the Red Pill, not because it stood in contrast to my views necessarily, but because it actually reinforced thoughts I had held for many years and on some level.... I didn't want it to be true.

I allowed myself one final test of staying more in line with what most men are conditioned to be while being with a girl I deeply cared for. When that failed I decided to fully entertain the Red pill and realized my mental framework was already completely inline with it which on some level terrified me. That and this girl along with several from my past fully reinforced much of the teachings found in the red pill, Awalt, Hypergamy, Dread and so on...

Prior to being honest with myself I lived in a state of incongruence and denial, I believe nearly all of the purple pill who have actually been informed properly about the praxelogies are existing in this state.

They do not want it to be true. They do not want to open their mind and change their mental schemas. They do not want to be accountable. They do not want to toss aside many of the teachings they have internalized. They deny it...until they don't and you see the dissolution of the purple pill with men who were once mixed or blue pill sliding to the red side.

You could say a similar trend exists in men going from liberal (blue) to conservative (red) with age and experience, but I digress.

**** black pill guys though. They are onto some things, but completely off base on nearly everything else.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How would one characterize the black pill?

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of the color pills need to broaden their horizons a bit

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
People who take the black pill are essentially looks autists. They calculate their facial dimensions, their canthal tilt, the width between their eyes, the exact dimensions of their stomach. Then they cry that they cannot change their bone structure and are thus forever "condemned to inceldom". They spend their lives looking up scientific studies about obscure human measurements, justifying their own failure to themselves. Then they spread their failure mindset to the rest of men, infecting them with a loser mentality.

It is certainly not easy for men. But who asked for it to be easy? No one gave us a right for our lives to be easy! We are prescribed discipline, duty, and strength. And we only get those through struggle and overcoming our fears and weaknesses. We best embrace the struggle and the game, control what we can, and relinquish what we cannot. We can't complain about fate not going our way: it is only there to test our minds and see if we are actually strong. Don't take the black pill.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are 3 main pillars to the black pill according to Wheat Waffles, the black pill YouTuber with the most subscribers.

1. Hypergamy
2. Looks Matters Most
3. Inflexibility and Self Improvement is Exceptionally Difficult

I would call the black pill the more pessimistic version of the red pill.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The same as the red pill but you are sub 5 or low on the looks scale so you cant get the traction or foot in the door in the first place. Like 95% of guys using tinder.

shwami_salami

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm yea interesting point stan brought up.However i've noticed in the community.... some redpillers are too inflexible. too rigid.ironically by leaving the matrix they become the matrix.sometimes they miss opportunities w/good women bcs they r paranoid. some wmn actually respond positively to the "blue pilld cucks." idk I feel like the redpill was mostly positive but also I feel jaded n cynical now. the rp I think...was ment as a framework u dont have to follow all their rules.
awalt is kinda silly when u think of it. to label 4 bill wmn as the same thing is just false.most wmn dont even know what the redpill is as its kinda a niche online community.
my 2 cents.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm yea interesting point stan brought up.However i've noticed in the community.... some redpillers are too inflexible. too rigid.ironically by leaving the matrix they become the matrix.sometimes they miss opportunities w/good women bcs they r paranoid. some wmn actually respond positively to the "blue pilld cucks." idk I feel like the redpill was mostly positive but also I feel jaded n cynical now. the rp I think...was ment as a framework u dont have to follow all their rules.
awalt is kinda silly when u think of it. to label 4 bill wmn as the same thing is just false.most wmn dont even know what the redpill is as its kinda a niche online community.
my 2 cents.
The red pill is a toolbox, how you take the knowledge and respond and apply to it is up to the person. Some guys that take it as gospel and personalize it leading to the typical bitter rage filled red pill guy. They need to get through that phase and mature, but most stay there for far too long and place blame on woman and not themselves. Many are far too rigid and lack the ability to understand nuance and can come across in many the same way black pill guys do. To quote Rollo himself, "the red pill is like giving dynamite to children".

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My take on the purple pill concept was the more libby, disney, afc guys who couldn't truly come to terms with a lot of the red pills truths and as such found ways to rationalize and combat the things they were presented with in their own little circle jerk echo chamber (mostly on reddit).

You do not like being told and shown your mental framework is in many respects inaccurate to the way things really are, thus the red pill matrix analogy. People do not like being unplugged they will often do whatever it takes to not change. Present someone with a truth which opposes their current mindset and they are more then likely to reject it and lash out at you.
To quote Jack Nicholson from a few good men:
"You can't handle the truth"
As I looked into the purple pill (long after finding the red pill), I found one common thread amongst everything.

You see men in particular who formerly rejected the red pill only to later over time realize that it is true and accepted it. One look at the purple pill subreddit and you will see most men siding with the redpill (and some women). The majority of purple folks are really on the fence about the whole thing or living in a state of denial. Nearly every argument in opposition to the red pill praxeology is quickly shut down and generally reinforced by empiricism, whereas the blue/purple side has next to nothing but anecdotal stories which carries little weight when engaging in such a polarizing topic.

I have found most men initially reject the red pill and criticize it and would rather stay with what Nietzsche would refer to as "the herd". These men are so plugged into this narrative they've been fed their whole life that they reject the red pill. Where inversely, the men (and women) that are more free/deep thinkers seem to be more receptive to the concept of red pill on the whole.

I initially opposed aspects of the Red Pill, not because it stood in contrast to my views necessarily, but because it actually reinforced thoughts I had held for many years and on some level.... I didn't want it to be true.

I allowed myself one final test of staying more in line with what most men are conditioned to be while being with a girl I deeply cared for. When that failed I decided to fully entertain the Red pill and realized my mental framework was already completely inline with it which on some level terrified me. That and this girl along with several from my past fully reinforced much of the teachings found in the red pill, Awalt, Hypergamy, Dread and so on...

Prior to being honest with myself I lived in a state of incongruence and denial, I believe nearly all of the purple pill who have actually been informed properly about the praxelogies are existing in this state.

They do not want it to be true. They do not want to open their mind and change their mental schemas. They do not want to be accountable. They do not want to toss aside many of the teachings they have internalized. They deny it...until they don't and you see the dissolution of the purple pill with men who were once mixed or blue pill sliding to the red side.

You could say a similar trend exists in men going from liberal (blue) to conservative (red) with age and experience, but I digress.

**** black pill guys though. They are onto some things, but completely off base on nearly everything else.
I agree. Purple pill seems to be a nothing burger, a no mans land.

I'd even say that purple pill is the more cynical, coping version of the blue pill. At least a fully bluepilled man is unaware of RP knowledge thus it doesn't effect him. Such a man can sincerely love and enjoy women.

A purple pill man on the other hand basically cucks him self andhe knows it. Hence why the phrase "cuck" is almost instantly used by RP men to describe the bluepilled man, while it's actually the purple pill they hint at.

A purple piller is like being a gambler. He's gambling that THIS one will ne loyal, faithful ect. If she doesn't oh well, redpill activated. Back on the dating market disguised as a blue piller amd rinse and repeat.

Do you think purple pillers are men who've decided that RP is " too much work" , or that they perhaps eventually will have to make a choice between black and red?( aint no going back to blue unfortunately unless he finds a absolute unicorn??)

Last edited:

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purple pill guys are having the LTR and not bitching on forums about poor quality women. They listened to Athol Kay and they are having sex with their wives and girlfriends while still kicking ass at work and seeing their guy buddies and their mates in social situations.

They laugh at the redpill guys posturing at the end of the bar for the partygirls looking for free drinks.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purple pill guys are having the LTR and not bitching on forums about poor quality women. They listened to Athol Kay and they are having sex with their wives and girlfriends while still kicking ass at work and seeing their guy buddies and their mates in social situations.

They laugh at the redpill guys posturing at the end of the bar for the partygirls looking for free drinks.
Sounds like a true redpill guy disguised as purple/blue. Actually sounds like a man living the actual philosophy of the in between pill.

Interesting take! How does such a man keeps his sanity tho?

Realthangpoon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’d say I’m purple pilled, although I don’t like labels.

LTR, living with my girlfriend of 2 yrs, working in the extremely leftwing music industry. On the other hand lurking this forum and trying to use all the stuff I’ve learned and experienced to have the best relationdship possible with my woman. Literally only one of my (redpilled) friends knows what I “know” because he went through the same experiences. We understand each other. The rest of my male friends live in ignorant bliss, and I’m happy to let them as long as they’re content with their lives.

My girlfriend’s pretty based as well though because the divorce of her parents. We already agreed - if we ever marry, because I don’t want to right now - to marry with our finances separated if things go south. Besides that she’s a real family person, low notch count, likes to be indoors etc.

I’m from Europe, I think it’s easier to find quality women here tbh. They’re not all over the place, but I’ve met lots of them over the years. Just gotta have the right mindset and willing to sift through the trash.

Last edited:

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you think purple pillers are men who've decided that RP is " too much work" , or that they perhaps eventually will have to make a choice between black and red?( aint no going back to blue unfortunately unless he finds a absolute unicorn??)
I don't know if it would be too much work, but quite literally it may be too hard a pill to swallow. I think once you've digested what it represents there is no going back, you are aware and you cannot go backwards. That said, you can still by all accounts pursue a lasting quality relationship with someone while being red pill aware. You don't have to become a player

I like what @Realthangpoon (nice name) is saying here. You can have that toolbox and mental framework and use it when needed, but you don't need to identify as anything. I too have some friends that have clearly gone down the 'pill' rabbit hole, but they don't outright express it. Simultaneously, a lot of experienced men when it comes to women already have a clear understanding of them which is often in line with red pill concepts without even knowing what rp is.

Lastly, I think many men that take these praxeology's and apply them like a religious doctrine need help. Take the knowledge, be aware of the possibilities, better understand yourself and women and step out of the 'manoswamp'. So many guys get hung up on all the 'bad' qualities of women and I think many outspoken rp men genuinely hate women and project their anger outwards. Many impressionable guys looking for an 'answer' come to the rp and try to adopt everything and become something they are not. An example being 'plate spinning'. If you're a relationship ltr kind of guy then by all means do what best suits you. Having knowledge of game and rp should help a guy vet out a quality girl and better handle a relationship. And not get angry when you waste your time on low quality girls and form a confirmation bias like @2Rocky is getting at.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The purple pill is a position of cognitive dissonance: You have seen the truth, but you're trying to deny it.

At that point you either find another way of denial, like blaming women for all your problems, and replace the delusion of the blue will with the delusion of the black pill.

Or, you accept that no one cares about your feefees and you face reality and roll with it (red pill).

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Given the fact that 99% of men are born bluepilled,
Would disagree with that.

I believe all men are born with Alpha qualities and tendencies, but it’s beaten out of them by family and society. It is not good for society that a man be Alpha, takes away money and resources and sex from the powers that be.

Men become blue pulled because all of society’s messages support it. So media and information is designed to this effect. Movies and tv and media and music all support SIMPING for girls, and the laws and courts do so to. Anything designed to benefit men criticized, ridiculed, and borderline illegal.

Top songs on the internet; Taylor Swift “you don’t love me enough”. Shakira “At 46, I’m a Ferrari” Aguilera “Can’t Hold Me Down” Jennifer Lopez movies “Marry me.” “What to expect when you are expecting.” How can any boy not get brainwashed?

I swear, men should watch some World War 2 documentaries about Nazi Germany. That will wake them up.