Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Americans Abroad

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it just me or are American tourists some of the most boring people in the world? Whenever Americans travel abroad, they find other Americans and then just sit around in big groups talking about their home country.

[In Shanghai] Oh, you're from Montana? I went to Montana once in the summer...
[In Bulgaria] Oh, you're from New Jersey? I went to college there...

Bla bla bla. How dull.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Is it just me or are American tourists some of the most boring people in the world? Whenever Americans travel abroad, they find other Americans and then just sit around in big groups talking about their home country.

Bla bla bla. How dull.
What are they supposed to do? Go talk to the locals who can't speak English?

Read for FREE!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Go buy bottle of vodka, some meat, veggies, bread. Cook meat. Make a salad. Dress the table. Sit and drink. Then then talk about montana.
Why are you going on vacation if you want to do all that work?

Just go out to a restaurant and let people who know how to cook those meals properly do it.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Go buy bottle of vodka, some meat, veggies, bread. Cook meat. Make a salad. Dress the table. Sit and drink. Then then talk about montana.
Forget the food, just snacks, cups, and 3 bottles of the vodka. You buy it, the locals will come …

Read for FREE!

Billtx49

Reaction score
You don't drink vodka with snacks. You need food. Pickles. Tomatoes. And meat.
Ok, get some local wings or pasta then.…
Or skip the food and play vodka pong with the locals.…
If tourist’s don’t experience local culture and the locals socially, they might as well stay home and look at pictures on their laptops…

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bla bla bla. How dull.
It's funny, when foreign tourists come to America the same thing happens.

Read for FREE!

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, get some local wings or pasta then.…
Or skip the food and play vodka pong with the locals.…
If tourist’s don’t experience local culture and the locals socially, they might as well stay home and look at pictures on their laptops…
I've had bad luck with local chicken wings when travelling abroad. The local hamburger is the much better way to go.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bla bla bla. How dull.
True.

The other thing that Americans do when traveling overseas is only focus on 'popular' tourist locations... seriously... Europe is filled with history, there is almost no place that you go where you can not find something cool and interesting... yet Americans will pack themselves into venues and sites that is crowded and chaotic.

Word of advice to any Americans visiting France... AVOID PARIS... seriously. Just about any city in France is better than Paris... not only is there really interesting things to see and do, but really the French people are great... Parisians not so much.

Read for FREE!

Reaction score
I've seen Europeans/Asians do the same thing/never leave within 2 miles of the hostel.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol you know you’d go to Paris if you had the chance.
I actually went the French Command and Staff College when I was a Major, and was in Paris for 6 months. Paris is fine, but any chance I could get out of the city and visit the countryside I took it. Every large city in the world is like this... you really don't get a feel for what the people of a country are like in large cities.... like Paris, London, Berlin, Rome, NYC, DC LA.... etc

Read for FREE!

Reaction score
I actually went the French Command and Staff College when I was a Major, and was in Paris for 6 months. Paris is fine, but any chance I could get out of the city and visit the countryside I took it. Every large city in the world is like this... you really don't get a feel for what the people of a country are like in large cities.... like Paris, London, Berlin, Rome, NYC, DC LA.... etc
Disagree fully, rural areas are relatively the same anywhere in the world. I think the better answer is regionalism. France is much much much much more than Paris and areas such as Grand Est, Brittany, and the Rhone Alps region should be deeply considered.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True.

The other thing that Americans do when traveling overseas is only focus on 'popular' tourist locations... seriously... Europe is filled with history, there is almost no place that you go where you can not find something cool and interesting... yet Americans will pack themselves into venues and sites that is crowded and chaotic.

Word of advice to any Americans visiting France... AVOID PARIS... seriously. Just about any city in France is better than Paris... not only is there really interesting things to see and do, but really the French people are great... Parisians not so much.
As someone who has been to Marseille (don't go there!), Brittany, Lyon, and Nantes, I disagree. The French are just smug about everywhere you go.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Americans are deeply uneducated and uncultured. Yes, I'm American lol.

On the flip side, most people want to live here because there is more economic opportunity.
It isn't that different in Europe either. Europeans are just as shallow, vain, and uneducated as well. They have the whole superiority complex towards Americans because they have been around longer but still consume our media, our music, our movies, and want to come to the US at every turn that they can for better opportunities.

Europeans are not that different and are actually quite clannish when it comes to culture. At least in the US we welcome most outsiders and give them opportunities. Someone like @Jake_Gyllenhaal69 wouldn't be treated like a human being in certain parts of Italy, France, Spain, and Germany.

FFS, they throw bananas at black soccer players in the EU. Something like that would cause outrage in the US.

Read for FREE!

Reaction score
Europeans are not that different and are actually quite clannish when it comes to culture. At least in the US we welcome most outsiders and give them opportunities. Someone like @Jake_Gyllenhaal69 wouldn't be treated like a human being in certain parts of Italy, France, Spain, and Germany.
Meh, I've been to rural parts of Spain, Russia, Japan, Netherlands, and Germany and I felt more welcomed those areas then I do in rural parts of the US and even some cities like Nashville and Boston lol.

I will say that Europeans are completely ignorant of the fact that the USA is a continent and not part of a continent and it shows! We do not need to learn three different languages and you travelling to Italy from Germany is like me flying to Oklahoma or Louisiana distance wise. We don't visit other countries...For me to go to Europe or Asia, that's more than a week vacation and 1 grand minimum I have to invest. It is literally less than 200 dollars and a weekend trip from a London to Madrid flight. It is literally more expensive for me to fly from Houston to Atlanta (the busiest airport in the world) then for someone in London to fly to Rome. If I want to leave the country, my neighboring countries are Canada (Vancouver and Quebec) the only cities worth paying money to visit and Mexico (risk having gastrointestinal issues and bribing the police)

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I would meet other Americans, we would talk about our GeoMaxxing escapades. Really, it is pretty much the ONLY reason single men travel internationally. :rolleyes: