Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rejection; what all guys could learn from sales

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So loads of guys here on SS forums and other forums on the internet are complaining and crying about how hard it is to rejected and making long forums/ social media posts about the subject.

Well consider this:
Sales are pretty much the same as gaming girls and you can really learn from it by applying it to your life is sales applied the many of the same principles as in the game itself.
1663175779616.png
Every rejection you receive is a good thing and not a bad thing. To be successful in the game you need to work your numbers and the territory just as you have to so as a professional sales guy and through that process it is actually you that is screening through potentials to get to the ones you want.

So rejection is a good thing!
Make sure you get a lot of rejections each day and if you do it, it will certainly lead you to greater success in life, with girls (and even more money in your bank account if you're sales guy too :devil:;)).

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With every rejection is an opportunity to practice and learn. There is always something you can take away from the interaction and improve on next time. Never look at rejection as failure. You either win or you learn.

The best guys in this business are not the Chad's. They win because of their looks and don't have it as hard. Later in life when looks aren't so important and what you have done for yourself becomes more impressive, Chad begins to struggle. This is why you need to learn "salesmanship" skills when you are young.

An old guy once told me you know what the difference between rape and making love is? Its "SALESMANSHIP". Yep!

I have a friend that is a Chad. All he has to do is stand there and girls come up to him. But then he has no clue what to do. His conversations are lame. He is a big wuss. As insecure and complains like a woman. But girls still try because of his looks. I'd rather be a non-Chad that can talk my way thru anything and people enjoy interacting. Being liked for solely for your looks is as shallow as someone liking you because your rich.

So bring on those rejections. It helps you become resilient. After awhile you won't take it personal.

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a telemarketing sales job in my 20s. Training always focused on the rebuttal. We sold sketchy cruise/timeshare packages via semi-cold calling. I actually sold one! It definitely got me out of my comfort zone. Translates well to the pick up sciences.

Reaction score
I’m in b2b sales and this 10 no’s to a yes is complete Bs. Most of the bs cliche sales advice you hear applies to Hollywood or mall kiosk salesmen. Top salesman and successful dudes in dating aren’t wasting time prospecting rejections. They have a niche/target market and they exploit it!
If you are getting countless no’s then something needs work!

The only benefits you get from a legit sales job that applies to women is money and overall communication skills.

Last edited:

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"This 10 no’s to a yes is complete Bs."
"Successful dudes in dating aren’t wasting time prospecting rejections. They have a niche/target market and they exploit it!"
I guess it depends on how you see it? I don't fully agree with that first statement.
Because even in the second scenario where you are working with hot/warmer leads you will up with the mathematically game of rejection and will have to go through the filter process to get to the ones that do say yes. You rejection rate may be lower than 9 of 10, but it is still here.

Reaction score
I guess it depends on how you see it? I don't fully agree with that first statement.
Because even in the second scenario where you are working with hot/warmer leads you will up with the mathematically game of rejection and will have to go through the filter process to get to the ones that do say yes. You rejection rate may be lower than 9 of 10, but it is still here.
if you are getting a lot of rejects by warm leads then you need to revaluate your sales strategy. Now the whole grit & grind strategy applies to business to customer jobs like selling cable packages door to door. Those jobs have an insane overturn rate and even B2B corporations don’t value that as valuable sales experience. There’s a lot relationship building, listening, and follow-ups in my job so the fast talking, gaming, and passive aggressive PUA tactics would not fly at all in my job. PUA is the exact opposite of sales IMHO unless you are B2C selling one stop products.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are getting a lot of rejects by warm leads then you need to revaluate your sales strategy. Now the whole grit & grind strategy applies to business to customer jobs like selling cable packages door to door. Those jobs have an insane overturn rate and even B2B corporations don’t value that as valuable sales experience. There’s a lot relationship building, listening, and follow-ups in my job so the fast talking, gaming, and passive aggressive PUA tactics would not fly at all in my job. PUA is the exact opposite of sales IMHO unless you are B2C selling one stop products.
So you're saying that you are not getting in any rejections from your prospects in your B2B sales?
All customers buy from you and you have a 100% hit rate?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m in b2b sales and this 10 no’s to a yes is complete Bs. Most of the bs cliche sales advice you hear applies to Hollywood or mall kiosk salesmen. Top salesman and successful dudes in dating aren’t wasting time prospecting rejections. They have a niche/target market and they exploit it!
If you are getting countless no’s then something needs work!

The only benefits you get from a legit sales job that applies to women is money and overall communication skills.
A lot of B2B sales is a joke too, much like mall kiosk sales. You know this because you worked in a boiler room sales environment, as did I for a short period of period of time.

There is some similarity between cold call sales and randomly approaching strangers in non-bar settings. Cold calling was never all that effective of a sales method, but it's been fully discredited since the 1990s. Nevertheless, way too many companies are still having sales reps randomly show up at businesses to sell (despite no soliticiting signs everywhere for decades) and doing random phone calls. You could even call cold emails and cold pitches in the DMs on LinkedIn a variation of cold calling. People get pissed with random emails and cold pitches in the DMs on LinkedIn.

I agree that in either B2B or B2C sales, too many no's is a sign of a strategic problem. It could be a sales department problem, a marketing department problem, or both.

Do you think that PUA is closer to marketing, at least the Promotional P of the 4 P's of Marketing? I'm guessing you were exposed to at least one marketing class at your awesome traditional SEC school.

I think there's some overlap between both marketing and sales and attracting-seducing women, but it's not entirely the same.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there's some overlap between both marketing
Well you do both marketing yourself to girls out there and on the same time sell yourself to the ones you think is interesting...
It's all related I would say..

Reaction score
So you're saying that you are not getting in any rejections from your prospects in your B2B sales?
All customers buy from you and you have a 100% hit rate?
Some warm leads are just flukes by miscommunication or bad referrals, but you should definitely have a 90% close rate minimum on warm leads. Baseline sales is going to be product first then productivity then presentation. What separates the top dudes from the average sellers are their competitive advantages such as having a good territory, connections and being first to tap into a lucrative market. I guess this is similar. I guess it is similar to dating because this applies to a lot of guys, but put presentation in front of productivity.

A lot of B2B sales is a joke too, much like mall kiosk sales. You know this because you worked in a boiler room sales environment, as did I for a short period of period of time.

There is some similarity between cold call sales and randomly approaching strangers in non-bar settings. Cold calling was never all that effective of a sales method, but it's been fully discredited since the 1990s. Nevertheless, way too many companies are still having sales reps randomly show up at businesses to sell (despite no soliticiting signs everywhere for decades) and doing random phone calls. You could even call cold emails and cold pitches in the DMs on LinkedIn a variation of cold calling. People get pissed with random emails and cold pitches in the DMs on LinkedIn.

I agree that in either B2B or B2C sales, too many no's is a sign of a strategic problem. It could be a sales department problem, a marketing department problem, or both.
This is true, my old job was a scam and basically used the new people for its personal network. They had us waste our time on "Visits" while the established people never left the office. It is pretty easy to tell the difference between a boiler room sales job and real one if you do research or experience it first hand.

Do you think that PUA is closer to marketing, at least the Promotional P of the 4 P's of Marketing? I'm guessing you were exposed to at least one marketing class at your awesome traditional SEC school.

I think there's some overlap between both marketing and sales and attracting-seducing women, but it's not entirely the same.
PUA is definitely more mall kiosk sales than marketing. It's more focused on fast manipulation and the law of numbers rather than focusing on yourself/developing your brand and knowing where to strategically market yourself.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PUA is definitely more mall kiosk sales than marketing. It's more focused on fast manipulation and the law of numbers rather than focusing on yourself/developing your brand and knowing where to strategically market yourself.
Perhaps I'm not a PUA because I've seen the whole attraction-seduction thing as more similar to Marketing than Sales. Attraction-seduction does have commonality with both Marketing and Sales, but there are differences. Both Marketing and Sales can make a great case about the similarities between their disciplines and attraction-seduction.

I have opted to exit the swipe apps channel based on one of the 4 P's of Marketing: Place. Place is where you choose to market yourself. There are numerous marketing channels. I don't have to market myself in every possible marketing outlet. Not every consumer brand chooses to market itself in Walmart. Some brands aren't the right fit for Walmart. That's how I see myself and swipe apps. Swipe apps are become like a Walmart in the mating environment. Amazon is actually the retailer most analogous to swipe apps because of algorithms, but the Walmart point is still valid.

I don't believe in the idea that sales is a number game. If the product is shiit and there's isn't a viable market who adores the shiit product, large numbers aren't going to solve the problem. Additionally, if the marketing communications efforts are shiit (the Promotions P of Marketing), there are going to be problems. Numbers don't make up for the fact that something is off about the marketing mix.

M

member160292

Marketing folks can't orchestrate the resources/deal or navigate to close. That's why they aren't in sales, they're the peac0ck.

Rejection happens when you are not part of the vendor down-selection, your prospect moved on with your competitors.

BriBri

Don Juan
Reaction score
At my local mall, some of the kiosks are staffed by middle eastern guys/girls selling cosmetics who try to 'pick me up' by jumping in front of me with the line "Can I ask you a question?" I tell them they just did ;).

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seduction is mainly about how you are perceived and timing

master this and the results will soon follow

then it is about not being a simp and knowing when to persist and when to just leave things be

most guys that complain also have horrible fundamentals

always ask yourself this , would at least other guys have a good impression about me ?

if not even other guys have a good impression about you , why would women have ?

if other guys do not want tk be friends with you because they do not think that you are cool or interesting , why women would ?