Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cold Approach vs. OLD

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments fellas. Just so you know - this thread is almost a year old but it was a nice little run of hotties for me last year. I have been going more steady actually with the HB 8.5 mentioned in this thread for a number of months now. But everything I said is still true -- cold approach is far better than online dating.

And I don't live in a major metropolitan area. Lets just say I live in small metro area in the midwest. Very rust belt. Not a hot bed for hot chicks, but you can find them everywhere.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets just say I live in small metro area in the midwest.
Is the metro area's population over 100,000? Over 150,000? I think the 100,000 - 150,000 population range is where you can run game effectively. Below that threshold and you suffer from too little choice.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is the metro area's population over 100,000? Over 150,000? I think the 100,000 - 150,000 population range is where you can run game effectively. Below that threshold and you suffer from too little choice.
Yes - there are about 4 small cities that basically all merge together. Total population of the four together is probably about 225k.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes - there are about 4 small cities that basically all merge together. Total population of the four together is probably about 225k.
225,000 is good enough. Probably best if you grew up in an that area. In the mid-sized metros (150,000 - 499,999), the guys I've seen do best were the ones who grew up in that area and had solid social circles. Those 150,000 - 499,999 type areas are big enough that there are enough choices but small enough that women don't get overly fussy, like metro areas of 1 million +.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if I was 40% bf, dating would be the last thing on my mind loo
I thought the red-pill concept said you just had to worry about game. If you just have enough confidence, know the right trigger-words to make women feel a certain way about you, had the gift of gab, then you can succeed.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
225,000 is good enough. Probably best if you grew up in an that area. In the mid-sized metros (150,000 - 499,999), the guys I've seen do best were the ones who grew up in that area and had solid social circles. Those 150,000 - 499,999 type areas are big enough that there are enough choices but small enough that women don't get overly fussy, like metro areas of 1 million +.
I was born here but had no social circle upon my return (had both gone to school and worked for a few years out of the area before returning). I simultaneously built up a social circle while also dating when I ended my marriage and returned here. Not saying it is easy but it can be done.

Reaction score
I thought the red-pill concept said you just had to worry about game. If you just have enough confidence, know the right trigger-words to make women feel a certain way about you, had the gift of gab, then you can succeed.
This is just feel good cope for lazy and broke men. In addition, I highly doubt @Barrister is 40% BF and living in the inner city hood lol.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was born here but had no social circle upon my return (had both gone to school and worked for a few years out of the area before returning). I simultaneously built up a social circle while also dating when I ended my marriage and returned here. Not saying it is easy but it can be done.
Correct. It isn’t easy. How useful has your social circle been in your current city? Mine is useless. I have friends, but they are useless in introducing me to people who may be good dating options for me.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Correct. It isn’t easy. How useful has your social circle been in your current city? Mine is useless. I have friends, but they are useless in introducing me to people who may be good dating options for me.
If you're asking how many times I have gotten a direct introduction from my social circle - that has happened once that I can think of in the last 4 years and the woman that they were trying to set me up with was like a HB 6-6.5 and had the personality of a can of paint (while also believing she was hot sh1t). So not useful at all in that way.

However, it has been very useful at staying busy and having a social life OUTSIDE of dating altogether. And this is important in your dating life. Social proof is generally required to get high end HBs to stick around once you have made the introduction. It has provided me that in droves and definitely overall improved my dating life past the initial meetup phase for many women.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments fellas. Just so you know - this thread is almost a year old but it was a nice little run of hotties for me last year. I have been going more steady actually with the HB 8.5 mentioned in this thread for a number of months now. But everything I said is still true -- cold approach is far better than online dating.

And I don't live in a major metropolitan area. Lets just say I live in small metro area in the midwest. Very rust belt. Not a hot bed for hot chicks, but you can find them everywhere.
Lol, I thought you were from England.

Looks, money, game. Game will probably do the most for you, though.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're asking how many times I have gotten a direct introduction from my social circle - that has happened once that I can think of in the last 4 years and the woman that they were trying to set me up with was like a HB 6-6.5 and had the personality of a can of paint (while also believing she was hot sh1t). So not useful at all in that way.
Yes, that’s the way in which I was asking. My set of friends has been even less useful than yours if judged on arranged introductions.

it has been very useful at staying busy and having a social life OUTSIDE of dating altogether. And this is important in your dating life. Social proof is generally required to get high end HBs to stick around once you have made the introduction. It has provided me that in droves and definitely overall improved my dating life past the initial meetup phase for many women.
That makes sense. Some HB’s won’t care too much to ever meet your friends in a meaningful way. If things go long enough, they might care.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what if you are 40% bf and live with your mom? I could say game helps me, but I'm 12% bf and I live in a luxury studio downtown lol.
It sounds like you would be of the opinion that the blackpill would apply in that case? I'll check up on the posts here, but I believed there was one morbidly obese chad somewhere that still was able to pick up girls, forgot his name though, but I remembered that post.