Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How many introverts are here?

Do you consider yourself an introvert?

• Yes very

• Yes moderately

• No Im an extrovert

Results are only viewable after voting.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We all know the difference between being an introvert and being shy.

For those that dont know it yet, any myers briggs test (online for free) can confirm you altought it shouldnt be necessary.

Wondering if there's a connection.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am INTJ as well.

I guess I would consider myself a moderate introvert? I can be introverted around strangers, yet can be extremely extroverted around people I'm familiar with, ie: close friends. I suppose it can all depend on my mood, in a given situation.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm an introvert, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I think it gives me more independence than most people have.

I am no longer shy, although I do sometimes struggle with forming connections with people. I think I lack a certain warmth that some people have naturally. I lack the desire to form connections with a lot of people, so I just don't do it.

When I was younger though, I was very shy. It took me years, over a decade to get over it. I got over it by accepting every opportunity to socialize that came along. Shyness is terrible, it is crippling. Shyness is different from being an introvert, but I'm guessing introverts are more likely to be shy than extroverts.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
When I joined this forum I thought I was an introvert, but turned out that I was just very shy. I'm actually extroverted, so being shy really sucked.

I overcame it though and now I enjoy talking to people, strangers too.
People think introvert means shy/socially awkward but in reality it's just someone who recharges from alone time and needs to take a break from social activities from time to time.

Serenity

Reaction score
People think introvert means shy/socially awkward but in reality it's just someone who recharges from alone time and needs to take a break from social activities from time to time.
Yeah. I only want to take a break if the people around me are really boring or awkward to talk to, then I'd rather not be social with them. If there's other fun extroverts around I can keep going for hours on high energy.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I'd go insane without my alone time. I've got close friends that constantly need to be around people. I don't think they understand people who aren't like them, and enjoy moments and extended times of solitude. I'm an avid reader, my 'personal library' at home would contain at least 600+ books... surely there must be a correlation between someone that is a reader, and someone who appreciates alone time.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I think I lack a certain warmth that some people have naturally.
Hardcore introvert here. I have this exact issue. My buddy thinks that my primary “game sticking point” is I come across as cold or distant to people who don’t know me too well. I agree with him.

I’m a very warm and caring person on the inside, but it hardly comes out.

There is little game advice out there on how to be more “warm” though. It’s all “aloof game.” They assume every guy is an azz kissing simp. I’m already aloof lol.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can be extroverted in the right situation, if the conversation is really interesting. Generally, the more people, the dumber it gets, and the more domineering types tend to wrestle control away and control the conversation.

Also, meeting new people and asking them the same questions gets old pretty fast. Anyone have ideas about what to ask besides "What do you do for work?" "Where are you from?" etc?

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can be extroverted in the right situation, if the conversation is really interesting. Generally, the more people, the dumber it gets, and the more domineering types tend to wrestle control away and control the conversation.

Also, meeting new people and asking them the same questions gets old pretty fast. Anyone have ideas about what to ask besides "What do you do for work?" "Where are you from?" etc?
I agree. I hate that question "What do you do for work", as if your employment defines who you are. I work to live, not live to work.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I joined this forum I thought I was an introvert, but turned out that I was just very shy. I'm actually extroverted, so being shy really sucked.

I overcame it though and now I enjoy talking to people, strangers too.
Same here

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. I only want to take a break if the people around me are really boring or awkward to talk to, then I'd rather not be social with them. If there's other fun extroverts around I can keep going for hours on high energy.
This is the big advantage extroverts have, it's the energy. They get energized from talking to people, and theoretically they can get higher and higher. There's an enthusiasm there. As an introvert, talking to people drains me.

There is little game advice out there on how to be more “warm” though. It’s all “aloof game.” They assume every guy is an azz kissing simp. I’m already aloof lol.
You are spot on, absolutely correct. We don't need to be told to be aloof, we're already aloof. We need advice on how to make connections. Like you say, practically all PUA material assumes you are an ass kissing simp. All their flirting advice even is about how to push girls away and do "bad boy takeaways". It just isn't relative to people like us.

Reaction score
I’m an ENTJ. I can be confused for an introvert by most people though. Im not an introvert, I just hate idiots and most people are idiots. I’d rather hang solo than intermingle with boring NPCs. Im also pretty selfish so if I want to do something and it’s easier to do it solo then I will have zero issues doing it. I have zero issues public speaking, I can intermingle with strangers, I leave my house 50 times a day lol.

I also give out a unique type of energy that attracts attention. I also tend to bully people which I’m not proud of.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am extremely introverted. I've never once felt lonely in my life. I can go days without human contact of any kind and feel no worse for wear.

All I need is a handful of close people in my life who I trust.

My personality type is DEEZNUTZ

But seriously.. that myers briggs shlock is such a frame fail for a man. If a girl tries to get me to do one of those personality tests (Which frequently happens) I make it a game and I never submit to her need to brand me as a Personality Type.

Keep them guessing. Forever.
Myer briggs test is basically in the same league as astrology.

That said, introversion is actually a well-defined psychological term, even though it's lumped into the Myer Briggs thing. The Big Five personality test, which actually uses psychometric factor analysis, has real credibility.

The reality is that personality traits are actually a scale, not one or the other, as the reductionist, naive view of the Myer Briggs test would have you believe.

Reaction score
Myer briggs test is basically in the same league as astrology.
No, it's actually not if you go by the cognitive functions and not by the more popular letter version. For example, the first letter is either extrovert and introvert and most people get that wrong in the first place, so there's already mistyping at the first level. You have to go by the cognitive functions which are more difficult to understand, but make way more sense once you are able to grasp it.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, it's actually not if you go by the cognitive functions and not by the more popular letter version. For example, the first letter is either extrovert and introvert and most people get that wrong in the first place, so there's already mistyping at the first level. You have to go by the cognitive functions which are more difficult to understand, but make way more sense once you are able to grasp it.
The issue isn't the psychological concepts themselves (which came from Jung) it's the fact that there's no scale or science behind it, it's completely binary. The whole test was made up by two female charlatans.

Every time I've taken it I've gotten a different result with the exception of Introversion

Last edited:
Reaction score
The issue isn't the psychological concepts themselves (which came from Jung) it's the fact that there's no scale or science behind it, it's completely binary. The whole test was made up by two female charlatans.

Every time I've taken it I've gotten a different result with the exception of Introversion
There is a scale regarding cognitive functions. It's based off your strengths, weaknesses, and priorities, not on some question asking if you prefer to party alone or not. I know I'm an ENTJ, but I'm going to most likely get ISTP or ESTP on one of those letter tests depending on my mood lol.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That‘s me. I love going out on the weekend or meet the boys on a weekday for some beers, but after that, I need some time alone.
I‘m very social and often the last one who leaves, but I enjoy being alone to recharge and get things done.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There’s surprisingly little talk here on SS of the “Sigma” male. I suspect that many of us here have those characteristics. For those not familiar with what a “Sigma” is, YouTube is starting to burst at the seams with Sigma Male videos.