Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lying about your age

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
So yesterday I was talking to a girl at the bar and she seemed pretty into it. She asks me "how old do you think I am?" I guessed high. She then asks me how old I am and I have her guess. She guesses way low. I told her my real age (I'm 15 years older than her). Then she tells me she "has to go."

Lesson learned. Old farts, if you can get away with it, don't reveal your age when you're talking to younger women.

Billtx49

Reaction score
So yesterday I was talking to a girl at the bar and she seemed pretty into it. She asks me "how old do you think I am?" I guessed high. She then asks me how old I am and I have her guess. She guesses way low. I told her my real age (I'm 15 years older than her). Then she tells me she "has to go."

Lesson learned. Old farts, if you can get away with it, don't reveal your age when you're talking to younger women.
Your first mistake was guessing hers high. Never do that, women feel complimented if you guess low and after you do it’s a perfect opening for flirting…
Your second was not completely changing the subject about age after guessing hers.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She guesses way low. I told her my real age (I'm 15 years older than her). Then she tells me she "has to go."

Lesson learned. Old farts, if you can get away with it, don't reveal your age when you're talking to younger women
Thought the whole picking an number around the age she thinks you are was common sense lol.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never lied about my age. I think telling the truth is the best policy. If you don't, it can come back to haunt you later.

However...i am 37....i have very soft skin. Lots of times women say "Wow you dont look that age" I have been mistaken in the past for being 24 years of age.

Been reading "dark pyschology" by emory green recently. Im tempted if its a young woman to lie about my age. Why shouldnt i. If it gets me in her knickers i think i will. Like OP says...rather that then lose interest. I will lie just to get the sex...not thinking long term.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Last time I was in Vietnam I had to keep reminding myself not to mention that I had been there before back in 1997 because most of the girls I was meeting were born around then.

I've also had that experience because I look way younger than I actually am. It's best not to mention your age if you can avoid it.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few years ago I lied to an 18-year-old colleague that I was 28 (I was 29 turning 30), I banged her a few times before, on and after the Christmas party then on my birthday in Feb people in her office (we worked in separate cities) told her I was 30. She asked why I lied, I can't remember what I said but it's a bit cringey.

I haven't and wouldn't lie about my age again.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some girls will be put off by age whether you all want to admit it or not... I find they are a lot more accepting of it though when they find out after we banged.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely lie on Tinder about my age......
Lots of women will be open to guys 30 years old but tinder will mess up with your ELO if you put your real age.
Yep, this ^^

I'll drop my age by 12-15 yrs if I'm using OLD - But I'm lucky in that I can pass for earl-mid 40s, even at my age.

I will however admit to my age after we've met and I've established she's interested.
A woman in my target age range will usually be open to a guy my age in real life - so long as you look younger and things like health/grooming/etc is on-point.
However, on OLD they often have the filter set much lower than what they would realistically accept once they've met you.

On cold approach, if a solid interest hasn't been established yet, I'll just dismiss it, or laugh it off with something like.... "Don't worry, I'm old enough - You're not gonna get arrested or anything...."

But NEVER lie about it if you're hoping to keep her around for more than a coupla weeks - or it WILL come back and bite you.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never lied about my age. I think telling the truth is the best policy.
I'm confident in myself, I don't lie about my age. Its kinda cool to see young girls who never meet anyone decade's older then them making them think how it would be too date older guys.

These young women who's only perspective in life only involve colleges, the liberal TV shows, etc. This perspective makes it seem iccky to date older men (like how colleges make it seem OK for women to be fat). But life is a lot more complex and in a way a lot more primal. These are the same women who think they will be hot forever.

Younger girls being turned on by older successful guys have been happening throughout history. I don't need to lie about my age. But it is funny to see their expressions when they ask and I tell them. I usually think to myself. "Yeah, I'm not bad looking. You are probably attracted to me. I'm older.. but so what? You are young and so far the only thing you have to offer to men is your attractive, but that will go away in a few years" :)

I'm other words, can you imagine James bond lying about his age? Of humpery bogart? To each his own I guess. Don't expect me to lie though.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm confident in myself, I don't lie about my age. Its kinda cool to see young girls who never meet anyone decade's older then them making them think how it would be too date older guys.

These young women who's only perspective in life only involve colleges, the liberal TV shows, etc. This perspective makes it seem iccky to date older men (like how colleges make it seem OK for women to be fat). But life is a lot more complex and in a way a lot more primal. These are the same women who think they will be hot forever.

Younger girls being turned on by older successful guys have been happening throughout history. I don't need to lie about my age. But it is funny to see their expressions when they ask and I tell them. I usually think to myself. "Yeah, I'm not bad looking. You are probably attracted to me. I'm older.. but so what? You are young and so far the only thing you have to offer to men is your attractive, but that will go away in a few years" :)

I'm other words, can you imagine James bond lying about his age? Of humpery bogart? To each his own I guess. Don't expect me to lie though.
I can see Bond getting away with it, but not Bogart. Imo you have to be debonair, not just a dgaf masculine guy.

Bond was a "daddy", Bogart was just a "dad".

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert Greene wrote the Laws of Power and the Art of Seduction to illustrate how deception is used at the most very fundamental level in the halls of power. Powerful people deceive their way into power routinely. Almost Always. People who play a straight bat get annihilated by deceivers. That’s why the deceiver’s always outwardly say “honesty is the best policy.” - They know that if they are lying, while everyone else is being honest, they have a huuuuge advantage.

Instead of serving as a warning, Greene’s books became a player’s guide. Haha. Oh well. Now we are in a situation where lots of guys have awoken to the fact that they live in a world of lies and honesty isn’t of benefit to them anymore. And women are suffering from the bait and switch relationship/casual sex deception. You can laugh and say “haha dumb slvt deserves it”, but I think this is failing to acknowledge that women make decisions at the level of infants. So men are essentially lying to children, doesn’t seem as cool anymore.
They make decisions in their love lives at the level of infants. Funny how they're capable of being logical outside of this.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are they? Female logic operates at the emotional level. Which is still a form of logic. And it’s very powerful.
I'd say there are when forced to. They tend to dislike it, and use men to restore this imbalance by acting overly emotional and illogical (deliberately indulging in this behavior).

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I tend to get guessed anywhere from 7 to 15 years younger. I agree. If you have to lie to get some puss, it's ok. There's nothing immoral about lying to women.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Players tell whatever lie is necessary to get the bang - because they understand women. And that’s how dirty this Game is. It’s a game of deceiving women into sex by rat cunning. Most attractive guys do it by pretending they are open to a relationship - then ghosting after sex. But there are actually no limits.
Ever read Mode One by Alan Roger Currie? I will admit I don't have the balls to do it, especially in the post-metoo era. But it works for him.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say there are when forced to. They tend to dislike it, and use men to restore this imbalance by acting overly emotional and illogical (deliberately indulging in this behavior).
I used to say that the only time women were more logical than men was when they decide who to marry. This, however, is only the beta bux side of hypergamy.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lying about your age might help you get a one night stand or short term casual sex but will kill any chance of an extended relationship.