Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Field report: Crashed and burned at the Auto Shop

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So today we were at the Auto Shop here in Bicol, Philippines to get our car inspected and checked for our trip to Manila on Sunday.

Went there, chilled for a while and ate lunch upstairs. While I was there, I spotted a hot Filipina, eating, minding her own business. I wanted to talk to her, but I was with my mom and did not want to make an awkward scene.

So we get down stairs again. Chilled again for more. I spot her sitting down by the corner. I noticed she could not keep her eyes off her phone and seemed busy texting.

I went out, approached and talked to her anyways. When I did, I opened with, ‘ you seem like you’re bored’. After I said it, I realized that I’m not in America anymore and she might not understand me especially with the music blasting so loud.

How did she respond? By looking at me for a second or so and by shaking her head in disapproval. I just took off after that.

Did I make the right move? Should I just kept talking to her? I mean she was looking at her phone the whole time. My best bet is she has a dude lined up….or maybe she’s a lady boy lol.

Who knows. Moving on.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you approached, doesn't seem like she was interested, you move on. Yes you did the right thing by approaching, maybe you could have stuck it out some more and probed, but if the vibe wasn't good from her then you keep it moving (which you did). I can't speak for anyone else but when I approach and don't feel a vibe I keep it moving and don't persist, it's creepy and there's many girls who will be receptive with smiles and questions for you.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you approached, doesn't seem like she was interested, you move on. Yes you did the right thing by approaching, maybe you could have stuck it out some more and probed, but if the vibe wasn't good from her then you keep it moving (which you did). I can't speak for anyone else but when I approach and don't feel a vibe I keep it moving and don't persist, it's creepy and there's many girls who will be receptive with smiles and questions for you.

I know this might sound like a random question.....But is Church a good place to meet women?

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I plan on reading Corey Wayne's book....

then more or less interested in just wanting to meet women in my community rather than doing Cold Approaches. One way to do that is church or volunteering or something. Is it a good idea to quit random approaches?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this might sound like a random question.....But is Church a good place to meet women?
Yes! I thought about it myself, luckily all my GFs were Christian, I vet for that and it is a very big benefit that's overlooked religious compatibility. That's not to say they won't be h0es/damaged because we are all human.

espanish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so you approached a girl and it didn't work out. why are you even posting this here? what's the issue?

s74rk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts reading your post:

- The fact that you're making a thread for one specific unsuccessful approach suggests really low volume.

- Are you a white guy in the Philippines? The only reasons for you not to have 5 bad bitches on rotation are: being fat, having a facial deformity, being very young.

- Speaking of age, you're chilling with your mom? Not exactly the ideal wingman.

Without knowing too much about you, here's some suggestions that might apply. Let's say you're a young man with limited status, money, etc. Focus hard core on your physique and looks - hit the gym, get to 10% body fat, upgrade your wardrobe. Then focus on getting some great pictures. Then go nuts with dating apps. If you are a foreigner in an Asian country, you can absolutely slay. Feel free to keep practicing daygame too, it's good practice for social skills, but will not get you the results. You need a high volume of dates, and I've outlined the best way for you to do this. Good luck!

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't sweat this particular approach. Women are particularly guarded at the mechanic, lol.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I plan on reading Corey Wayne's book....

then more or less interested in just wanting to meet women in my community rather than doing Cold Approaches. One way to do that is church or volunteering or something. Is it a good idea to quit random approaches?
Just be prepared for everyone else at the church to want to get involved in your relationship. If it doesn't work out, it will make things awkward.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are particularly guarded at the mechanic, lol.
I don't think I've ever done an approach at any auto repair facility.

I think a dealership service department would be a nicer place to do an approach than an independent facility or some chain type place like a Meineke or Midas.

Would picking up a chick at Midas work if you drove a Mercedes-Benz and she had a more typical for a Midas like a Honda? Is that DHV'ing? Of course, if you have a Mercedes-Benz, it is better to pick the dealership or some European specialty garage to do your repairs/maintenance than a Midas.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever done an approach at any auto repair facility.

I think a dealership service department would be a nicer place to do an approach than an independent facility or some chain type place like a Meineke or Midas.

Would picking up a chick at Midas work if you drove a Mercedes-Benz and she had a more typical for a Midas like a Honda? Is that DHV'ing? Of course, if you have a Mercedes-Benz, it is better to pick the dealership or some European specialty garage to do your repairs/maintenance than a Midas.
I'm just talking about the mindset. The women I've dated are paranoid about getting scammed at the auto shop. A dealership might work or if she sees you pull up in a luxury car, but it's just a type of place where they tend to be defensive.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just talking about the mindset. The women I've dated are paranoid about getting scammed at the auto shop. A dealership might work or if she sees you pull up in a luxury car, but it's just a type of place where they tend to be defensive.
It is true that some women might not be confident in handling auto repair matters on their own. I think this is changing. All a woman needs to do now is type her car's symptoms into Google and read a couple of articles to sound at least semi knowledgeable about what is going on with their cars. When a "Check Engine" light comes on with no apparent symptoms, that can be stressful as a random "Check Engine" light can be many things. A scan tool is needed then to read whatever codes are coming up. The on board computers started in 1980s models.

In the USA, dealership service departments have better logistics for approaches and setting a date than non-dealership chains like Meineke, Midas, Jiffy Lube, Firestone, etc. or independent facilities. At the dealership, there's a way better waiting area that is comfortable compared to the other repair facility types. Even basic dealership brands like Ford and the General Motors brands have good waiting areas, but the service departments waiting areas are far more awesome at Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, and other higher end car brand dealers. On a non-dealership side, I could see Discount Tire as a place where approaching could be possible. Discount Tire is not a full service repair facility. They have a limited range of things they do so that limits how they could possibly scam (see below). Lobbies at Discount are decently comfortable but not comparable to the dealership.

Last edited: