Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Plate didn’t want to meet because i didn’t reply back in time

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I may be off base here, but many of you guys complain about female entitlement and women losing interest and respect.

OP if you go apologizing to her, coddling her, placating her when you did nothing wrong, you're creating the very things, the very dynamic you complain about.

In any event, good luck however it plays out.
You have to be aware, there's an anxiety epidemic going on right now.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her what happened and reschedule. Don't apologize.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She was reconfirming the event. You didn’t reply.…
Many women have busy lives and don’t initially put their lives on hold for a man they recently met. Men could have flaked on her in the past also.
You don’t know, so up the communication quality and respectfully keep in touch with a girl you want to keep banging. If you can’t communicate with her at work, tell her beforehand …
Who cares about this woman’s busy life? I see absolutely nothing wrong with what happened. In fact I think it’s a great thing. Our guy here was busy working and couldn’t get to his phone for two hours. That is GREAT, he has sh1t to do.

they agreed to a time, he couldn’t be by his phone for good reasons, and then she throws a hissy, as women do.

I would absolutely not apologize as there is nothing to apologize for.

BDDazza

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares about this woman’s busy life? I see absolutely nothing wrong with what happened. In fact I think it’s a great thing. Our guy here was busy working and couldn’t get to his phone for two hours. That is GREAT, he has sh1t to do.

they agreed to a time, he couldn’t be by his phone for good reasons, and then she throws a hissy, as women do.

I would absolutely not apologize as there is nothing to apologize for.
Not sure I agree.

Dazzlenuts missed out on poon so obviously there was something wrong on his side.

The lady is just confirming, you don't expect her to dress, leave her house and commute to see some stranger without reassurance he will turn up.

Dazzlenuts, you should have messaged her earlier in the day and explain that you won't have your phone handy whilst at work and reassure her that the date is still on even if you don't reply, or you should have made a proactive attempt to contact her during work to reassure her.

The only red flag on her side is she sent a big lengthy paragraph like she is over invested. Potential stage 5 clinger.

Well then she either has a bad attitude or has low interest. Do with that what you will.
Her interest is medium because she took the effort to reply with a big paragraph. Most low interest women would just ghost.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO the OP has an ambiguous style of communication. It took a few posts to give us a somewhat clear-ish picture of what was going on.
OP, I would recommend working on communicating clearly and concisely. Women don’t respond well to ambiguity when it comes to making plans.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** I think she’s a really good girl and I want to actually see her again
Russian Red flag military parade right there. There are no such thing as the "good girl". It's only a wet dream in many guys heads sold by Disney.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
IMO the OP has an ambiguous style of communication. It took a few posts to give us a somewhat clear-ish picture of what was going on.
OP, I would recommend working on communicating clearly and concisely. Women don’t respond well to ambiguity when it comes to making plans.
Yup.

The last two women I went out with were engineers. They loved very precise/specific plans, directions and times.

I would imagine that even non-STEM women like to know exactly what, when and where.

Exchanging confirmation texts promptly that day is always appreciated as well.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well she has textbook green flags, all her friends are female, went to private school, got a good education and a good career. I’ve known her for about 2 years though.

what should I do in this situation?
Run. You'll always be secondary to her career. She's been on that life path forever and only might deviate from it at
"last few eggs" o'clock to snare a sponsor.

BTW getting my phone out of my pocket during a shift is a disciplinary offence where I work.
I vanish completely in a telephonic sense for about 9 hours on a work day. Sometimes I'll use my
phone on my break for 10 minutes otherwise I won't even look at it. Need my job way more than I
need to keep sneaking into the toilets to entertain some bored tart.

Last edited:

BDDazza

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well then she either has a bad attitude or has low interest. Do with that what you will.
Catsmeow, also some hot ladies look for an excuse to dismiss you as justification to cancel or flake on the date. Her logic is "I wanted to date him but he didn't respond to my text. Nevermind".

The OP hasn't been the clearest in explaining the situation in this thread so its likely a communication issue on his side. Maybe he thought the date was set in stone but she disagreed due to poor wording.

Also to play devil advocate, in my younger days I was stood up and it wasn't a nice feeling travelling far, spending money only to become disappointed. Sometimes I reconfirm the the new lady is coming moments before I leave the house. I assume its a flake if she doesn't say she is walking to the train station or car. I would be a hypocrite if I judged a lady for doing the same.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I had a female I know who is very desirable troubleshoot my OLD profile once for me. She said "too much information" to keep it short and engaging do not say much about yourself no matter how objectively attractive the data is.

She said that there is so much choice for attractive women, online and in-person that good-looking women actively look for ways to disqualify men that would otherwise be within their wheelhouse. The bottom line is there is so much choice out there for chicks - even average ones, you need to stay on your toes at all times if you want to smash. It sucks, but it's a reality for all but the top 5% of males out there.

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost count of how many messages I received (100s) and I disqualified about 90% of guys for one reason or another. Never even gave them a chance.
This is where women fvck up... They'll do this, then get into relationships that eventually die, then keep doing this until it's too late, and they don't realize they don't have the value they once did to pull this off any longer. Then they settle for guys, and become jaded in doing so.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah both genders can get burned out after enough failed relationships
But one gender isn't dismissing 90% of their opportunities due to unrealistic tunnel vision. That's my point...

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well to be fair, men don't receive literally 100s of messages either. There is no way on god's green earth any woman could respond or even have time to read all of them, so she selects the few that on first blush stand out to her (which is subjective and different for each woman) and responds to those.

Out of those, she chats and narrows down to those she feels some mental and physical attraction to and meets those men.

OLDing is a completely different experience for men and women and unless and until you've walked a mile in a woman's shoes you have no idea what we experience.
A mile uphill in a blizzard, right?

Virtually every bisexual person, male or female, swears up and down men are much easier to date.

This is a forum for real talk. Every one here knows you females get a sh1t ton of messages.

Cue the dissertative response.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no way on god's green earth any woman could respond or even have time to read all of them, so she selects the few that on first blush stand out to her (which is subjective and different for each woman)
Fair point. Though according to stats that only a small percent of men receive the majority of attention on OLD, I'd beg to differ on the fact that the choices made by women are "subjective and different for each". They are all choosing the same men... Men that want to bang, and are attractive enough that they don't need/want monogamy. Women just think because they good looking men bang them, they'll give up all other women for them...

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Well we all want to believe we’re the ONE that can pull the attractive person off the carousel - don’t we?

In discussions with intelligent women, if I had a dime for every time a woman said to me “well, I’m different - I’m not like other women”.

Of course what’s going through my mind is “yes you are, it’s just a matter of time.”’ But I only say it when I’m borderline attracted, I usually nod and say “prove it to me, with a amused grin”.

All of us tend to consolidate at some point. You realize you can get 80% of what you want, then you settle. Dating requires a lot and guys stop eventually as well.

Well my boyfriend did, so did my ex before him, both of whom I met on line and turned into long term relationships, possible marriage with my current.

But I spose there are exceptions to every rule. :p

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
The other thing I’ve learned is that we give what we want. If a girl is running her hands through your hair chances are she’d love it if you reciprocated.

Chicks get tons of unsolicited nudes from men, every wonder why? Because guys give what they want.

It would stand to reason your BF and any other would love to hear you parrot back “yes you too are like no one else I’ve ever known”. That is why he says it, he may or may not know that himself.

if your GF gives you a massage, she’d love one in return. It’s a bit of a covert contract, and we all expect reciprocation. There truly are few selfless acts.

The only unconditional love is parental love for their children. The love a child has for a parent is not unconditional.

All love other than that is CONDITIONAL.

100% truth, I have never said this to a man, ever. I never would because truth is, I am not all that different. I don't think any of us are all that different or special.

But even if I thought I was, I would never tell a man this, it's an absurd thing to say, delusional. And I would expect him to do and say exactly what you said and did (nod and say "prove it to me" with an amused grin) or something like.

It's actually men who have said this to me. I have been hearing it since around the 9th grade. In fact, my current boyfriend tells me all the time, how different I am from other women he's dated, although I tend to believe the reason he fell for me was NOT because I am different, but because HE was seeking something deeper after years of short term casual relationships and one night stands.

So when we met and everything clicked, he was ready, in the right place emotionally.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
You made my point for me, you give him a bj because it pleases you. Net/net. Period, full stop, drop da mic.

Unconditional love:
So if your boyfriend suddenly changes and let’s say starts beating you, or cheating on you, you’re going to tell me you’d still love him?

what if he turns out to be say, a pedophile?

I disagree. Giving to get is not my idea of love, it's not how I love nor how my boyfriend(s) have loved/love me.

For example, giving my boyfriend a BJ. I don't give him a BJ because I want him to go down on me, I give him a blow job because it gives ME pleasure, I enjoy giving him pleasure in that way, it makes me feel good, it turns me on!

Course it turns HIM on too, so it's a win win, and he will give back to me, perhaps not at that moment in the same way, but he will reward me for it - give to me, reciprocate.

And vice versa. A balance of give and take at different times in different ways.

I also disagree that love is conditional.

Love, even romantic love, when it's genuine and pure, is unconditional, otherwise it's not love, it's selfish and self-serving and to me that's not what love is.

What IS conditional is remaining in the relationship. If my boyfriend were disrespecting me or abusing me, treating me poorly for example, I would leave the relationship but I would still love him. At least for a time until I healed.

The love doesn't just die because your partner isn't meeting your conditions, whatever they may be.

Your desire to stay in the relationship dies, but not the love.

Not in my opinion or experience and I have experienced it.

I left the relationship but it took nearly two years to heal and to stop loving him.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yes, extreme examples.

For the sake of discussion "Unconditional Love" means unconditional, time is part "conditions" one would therefore think it was unending, Your love for your ex was unconditional for 2 years, therefore conditional if you use the Socratic Method.