Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women worth your while always drop the handkerchief.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This succinctly illustrates why some men have a killer success ratio. Why struggle with random cold approaches when the ground is full of handkerchiefs?

thelambofdeth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Um...no. The proverbial handkerchief is only dropped for Chads and guys with visible high value. Not to mention women 100 years ago didn't have OLD, SM, and hordes of blithering simps to gas them up and artifically bolster their ego to the point the selections are so scant and shallow. If you're some average dude, women aren't granting you that opportunity and you must create it yourself...lest you wait around forever and get nothing. The only "hankerchiefs" on the ground these days are fat single moms, uber thots and uggos.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it’s all about preferences.

I live like that and get a green light every few months from a woman. It’s a good way to live.

a lot of the simp and chad stuff is just nonsense. I used to believe it in my early 20s but in my 30s that stuff is all BS. 90% of women are decent women looking for a decent man.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um...no. The proverbial handkerchief is only dropped for Chads and guys with visible high value. Not to mention women 100 years ago didn't have OLD, SM, and hordes of blithering simps to gas them up and artifically bolster their ego to the point the selections are so scant and shallow. If you're some average dude, women aren't granting you that opportunity and you must create it yourself...lest you wait around forever and get nothing. The only "hankerchiefs" on the ground these days are fat single moms, uber thots and uggos.
OR…. You may be unable to discern the signs.

If you don’t convey high-value to women, that’s a starting point for figuring out why you struggle. It’s easy to broadcast high-value when you decide to BE high-value.

Women have only to “Be” in order to have value. Men must “Become”. The way to be high-value is hidden within the pages of SoSuave.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
100 years ago, dropping the handerchief was considering an indicator of interest (IOI). It was a clear signal of interest.

I have noticed a drop in IOIs over the last 10-15 years. I'm late 30s now, so I've been involved in the mating environment for over 20 years. I noticed that as smartphone penetration increased, IOIs decreased. In the mid to late 2000s, when I was in my early to mid 20s, I got more IOIs than post 2010. IOIs are getting more difficult to come by as women get more immersed in their own worlds with technology. In the few years prior to the pandemic, I was seeing more and more women wearing earbuds in the grocery store, likely to fend off approaches. While I was in college (2001-05), only about 10-15% of women on the general gym floor were wearing headphones/earbuds. By 2011-13, that number was pushing 90% and it has remained there ever since. Walking and hiking paths are littered with women wearing headphones/earbuds. Women are discouraging non-bar approaches in many ways. I realize that a lot of these headphone/earbud wearing women already have boyfriends/husbands and aren't looking for new penis, but earbud penetration is so high that I know there are many single women who are discouraging approaches.

One of my friends did more spam approaching, especially at bars, when he saw zero IOIs. He could get away with it as a 6'4", White ex-college athlete. Most men spam approaching will burn out from lack of outcomes.

I still believe that an approach is more likely to succeed when a woman provides IOIs. I still prefer to approach when I have IOIs vs. when I'm approaching with nothing.

thelambofdeth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OR…. You may be unable to discern the signs.

If you don’t convey high-value to women, that’s a starting point for figuring out why you struggle. It’s easy to broadcast high-value when you decide to BE high-value.

Women have only to “Be” in order to have value. Men must “Become”. The way to be high-value is hidden within the pages of SoSuave.
We've gotten to the point where men gaslight as much as women no. No, I can discern the subtleties of choosing signals, hints or IOIs. I know what the signs are when they're demonstrated...they're just not demonstrated to me. If everyone gets signs, then no one gets them. There's a select number of guys too oblivious to comprehend the signs when they receive them, sure, but even then in retrospect, they realize how obvious it was. Then there are just legitimately guys who don't get signs. Period. Women have more accessible options than ever, and they're more shallow and specific than they've ever been.

Everyone can't just BE high value. Again, because if everyone is...no one is. Not to mention if you're not going after Stacys and supermodels blatantly out of your league, there should be some semblance of possibility, and you shouldn't need to over-compensate. Anyway, that's beside the point. The point is, the degree of difficulty for every getting a "handkerchief" from women(even basic, average women) has risen so steeply over the years for any number of factors to the average man, it's pointless to expect it because you simply won't get them. It's either feast(if you're a Chad) or famine...if you're not the one approaching.

Last edited:

thelambofdeth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a decent income, looks, fitness, and social calibration, it is very easy and common to get choosing signals from women.
Yes, if you make a lot of money, you're good-looking, ripped, tall, non-ethnic, have high social status and go to the right places, moderately attractive women may on occasion give you IOIs.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
100 years ago, dropping the handerchief was considering an indicator of interest (IOI). It was a clear signal of interest.

I have noticed a drop in IOIs over the last 10-15 years. I'm late 30s now, so I've been involved in the mating environment for over 20 years. I noticed that as smartphone penetration increased, IOIs decreased. In the mid to late 2000s, when I was in my early to mid 20s, I got more IOIs than post 2010. IOIs are getting more difficult to come by as women get more immersed in their own worlds with technology. In the few years prior to the pandemic, I was seeing more and more women wearing earbuds in the grocery store, likely to fend off approaches. While I was in college (2001-05), only about 10-15% of women on the general gym floor were wearing headphones/earbuds. By 2011-13, that number was pushing 90% and it has remained there ever since. Walking and hiking paths are littered with women wearing headphones/earbuds. Women are discouraging non-bar approaches in many ways. I realize that a lot of these headphone/earbud wearing women already have boyfriends/husbands and aren't looking for new penis, but earbud penetration is so high that I know there are many single women who are discouraging approaches.

One of my friends did more spam approaching, especially at bars, when he saw zero IOIs. He could get away with it as a 6'4", White ex-college athlete. Most men spam approaching will burn out from lack of outcomes.

I still believe that an approach is more likely to succeed when a woman provides IOIs. I still prefer to approach when I have IOIs vs. when I'm approaching with nothing.
Interesting. I also see a lot of women wearing earplugs. Interesting how you think that the reason is to avoid men cold approaching them...as i thought the majority of men did'nt cold approach??

Im also late thirties.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting how you think that the reason is to avoid men cold approaching them...as i thought the majority of men did'nt cold approach??

Im also late thirties.
Both statements are true and can co-exist. Yes, non-bar approaching is a bit of a niche activity. Most men don't have the guts to approach a while sober in a non-bar environment. However, you must realize that women are offered a buffet of penis. So even if most men aren't approaching them during the day, they are still fielding a decent amount of daytime approaches. Also, many practitioners of non-bar approaching do it in a cringeworthy fashion + most Millennial/Gen Z women don't have great social skills either and have a low threshold for being creeped out and also general human interaction. Additionally, these women being offered a buffet of penis are getting offered penis at bars, in their DMs on social media, and on swipe apps (if they're choosing to use them).

Pay attention to the part about penis pipelines Roosh discussed. Demand for vagina keeps getting higher and most women have too many options for penis at any given time.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people can ballpark in less than a minute what your socioeconomic status is. They can get an idea but what social environment you are in, how you present, and your level of refinement.
How does this play out in a grocery store? Based on what you're speculating, grocery stores would then be the least likely place to receive IOIs.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How does this play out in a grocery store? Based on what you're speculating, grocery stores would then be the least likely place to receive IOIs.
How do you think?

What can you tell about a woman in yoga pants in the produce aisle at Whole Foods?

vs. a tatted up, overweight woman in the baby aisle at Walmart?

Apply the same to yourself in the mirror…

thelambofdeth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Or a coffee shop, or a park, a shop, or a concert, or a festival, or anything social that doesn't specify certain attire, isn't location-specific, or doesn't require a certain status to be involved in? How exactly do you convey at any of those places or a similar one without going out of your way or coming across as a huge douche?

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or a coffee shop, or a park, or a concert, or a festival, or anything social that doesn't require certain attire, isn't location-specific, or requires a certain status to be involved in? How exactly do you convey at any of those places or a similar one without coming across as a huge douche?
Exactly.... There are some members here with fat bank accounts(supposedly) that admit to wearing clothes no different from joe blow that makes 30-40 thousand a year...

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s not just the clothes. Noticed how you dodged my questions.
How do you think?

What can you tell about a woman in yoga pants in the produce aisle at Whole Foods?

vs. a tatted up, overweight woman in the baby aisle at Walmart?

Apply the same to yourself in the mirror…
Okay... What can you tell from one of the guys on this site that have seven figure bank accounts, that wear stuff from walmart in the cereal aisle?

Obviously the fitness, and social calibration are tells. I'm specifically talking how can a woman size up your financial fitness in order to give you an IOI with the scenario above?

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, if you make a lot of money, you're good-looking, ripped, tall, non-ethnic, have high social status and go to the right places, moderately attractive women may on occasion give you IOIs
Nah. Just be good looking and go to the right places.