Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Movie: The Northman

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody else see this? Though a little weird at times, I thought it was epic.

The cinematography, the battle scenes, the music and of course Anya Taylor-Joy!

Highly recommend if you like history.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't seen it, but I think it looks interesting. I will watch it as soon as it comes onto one of the channels or platforms that I have.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

So what was so "Epic" about it ? The story ? The music ? The cinematography ? The Acting ? Themes ?

Everything this movie has in it HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE. The music is ancient Nordic/Viking music which if you've seen enough documentaries is meh the same boring crap.

The Themes are the same "Evil Uncle must get Revenge with hidden Truth revealed" garbage that we've read about since the Legend of Amleth was written into Hamlet by Shakespeare and then remade into so many movies that its now boring, here's a hint go watch the original The Lion King and tell me you cannot see the same themes in both movies. This is just the Lion King with a different setting and more blood and gore ...... WOW SUCH AMAZE MUCH WOW moment.

The Acting was meh no character development nothing just another Simpsons "Dumb Homer " "Must get Revenge" "Believe in self proclaimed prophecy rubbish.

The Cinematography ...... Ever seen LOTR or Kingdom of Heaven or 1912 (the recent movie) .... again everything that's already been done to ad nauseum.

Maybe I'm being too harsh but honestly the movie was meh average at best nothing new unless you like pale naked men running around showing off their willies and yelling like animals.

The actions scenes which the trailer was all based upon is over in the first few minutes of the movie and then it's a long boring wait through incoherent Nordic/Viking mythology rubbish which makes no sense in a movie (A documentary where they explain things yea sure but not a movie where most people won't have a clue about Viking traditions)

I've got Nordic/Viking ancestry and this movie does nothing to explain the culture or beliefs or mythology or anything, just paints the same old "Viking's are brutal killers" picture ...... it's old and lame and boring now.

It could be that for the last 10 years all we've got is "Woke" culture movies so this return to the old recipe seems to be "Amazing" to the kiddos but honestly the movie was a waste of 2.5 hours and I nearly fell asleep.

Save your money and go watch a real stage play of Hamlet it will capture your attention way better. Just torrent this crap,

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what was so "Epic" about it ? The story ? The music ? The cinematography ? The Acting ? Themes ?

Everything this movie has in it HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE. The music is ancient Nordic/Viking music which if you've seen enough documentaries is meh the same boring crap.

The Themes are the same "Evil Uncle must get Revenge with hidden Truth revealed" garbage that we've read about since the Legend of Amleth was written into Hamlet by Shakespeare and then remade into so many movies that its now boring, here's a hint go watch the original The Lion King and tell me you cannot see the same themes in both movies. This is just the Lion King with a different setting and more blood and gore ...... WOW SUCH AMAZE MUCH WOW moment.

The Acting was meh no character development nothing just another Simpsons "Dumb Homer " "Must get Revenge" "Believe in self proclaimed prophecy rubbish.

The Cinematography ...... Ever seen LOTR or Kingdom of Heaven or 1912 (the recent movie) .... again everything that's already been done to ad nauseum.

Maybe I'm being too harsh but honestly the movie was meh average at best nothing new unless you like pale naked men running around showing off their willies and yelling like animals.

The actions scenes which the trailer was all based upon is over in the first few minutes of the movie and then it's a long boring wait through incoherent Nordic/Viking mythology rubbish which makes no sense in a movie (A documentary where they explain things yea sure but not a movie where most people won't have a clue about Viking traditions)

I've got Nordic/Viking ancestry and this movie does nothing to explain the culture or beliefs or mythology or anything, just paints the same old "Viking's are brutal killers" picture ...... it's old and lame and boring now.

It could be that for the last 10 years all we've got is "Woke" culture movies so this return to the old recipe seems to be "Amazing" to the kiddos but honestly the movie was a waste of 2.5 hours and I nearly fell asleep.

Save your money and go watch a real stage play of Hamlet it will capture your attention way better. Just torrent this crap,
To each his own, but I would rather watch this movie than the stupid action hero Marvel and DC Comics garbage that Millennials and Gen Z's seem to love so much!

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

She's overrated, like Uma Thurman.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I too have some Viking ancestry - they had imposed their chromosomes onto my ancestral groups. But that's the point: their culture was all about not having enough farmland so that the men could have enough provisioning ability to get a wife, so they thought they would simply mog all the men in the northern coastal regions of Europe.

indiff

Don Juan
Reaction score

I was anticipating this movie due to all the reviews on the internet but when I finally watched it, I was really underwhelmed. There was nothing new in it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I too have some Viking ancestry - they had imposed their chromosomes onto my ancestral groups. But that's the point: their culture was all about not having enough farmland so that the men could have enough provisioning ability to get a wife, so they thought they would simply mog all the men in the northern coastal regions of Europe.
They pretty much did for many years.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To each his own, but I would rather watch this movie than the stupid action hero Marvel and DC Comics garbage that Millennials and Gen Z's seem to love so much!
Oh man I would definitely place this movie above any of the movies released in the last decade or so especially all the comic movies, they are cringe at best.

I had expectations of this movie to be on the same level as Interstellar or The Revenant ..... especially The Revenant as its got a very similar "feel" and similar "Revenge" based plotline BUT the acting and story telling in The Revenant make you hate the Villain and almost adore Leonardo's character. Northman could have been at the same level but we aren't given any meaningful character development for any character in the entire movie, it falls flat and ends up being empty.