Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's your IQ?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe online IQ tests are accurate.

I also don't want to know my IQ, if it's low I'll feel self-limited, if it's high I'll feel like I don't need to try.

Serenity

Reaction score
Apparently I scored 150, that can't be right. I did the Norwegian online Mensa test once and got 131, that's at least probable for me.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Online IQ tests are essentially useless. I don't care to know what my IQ is, but I'd estimate 100-110 range.

The average claimed IQ on internet forums seems to be 125+

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can sell a TON of sh*t to people through the common angle they are somehow "smarter" than the average bear.

"See most girls don't get that. Sure, physical beauty is nice, but it's common. What's not common is the kind of intelligence I think YOU might have...I don't know about you, but I definitely want to get to know more about you...I think there may be something very....special...here"

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can sell a TON of sh*t to people through the common angle they are somehow "smarter" than the average bear.

"See most girls don't get that. Sure, physical beauty is nice, but it's common. What's not common is the kind of intelligence I think YOU might have...I don't know about you, but I definitely want to get to know more about you...I think there may be something very....special...here"
Exactly. Create an easy test that the majority of the populace can achieve a 'high IQ score on', then sell them self-aggrandizing garbage.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not take this test and post your results below...

The average IQ is 100.

It's not Mensa certified, but I think it's pretty accurate.
This is dangerous from all angles. This, and other similar "tests", will put you in a box, categorize you, and label you internally and externally.

Don't.

Modern Man Advice

DoubleBarrel

Banned
Reaction score
This is dangerous from all angles. This, and other similar "tests" will put you in a box, categorize you, and label you internally and externally.

Don't.

Modern Man Advice
Not at all. It's more about self-awareness of one's capabilities. Just like we measure our strength in the gym by how much we can lift. But like @Serenity mentioned, this test probably scores people 20 points too high.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My score was close to my actual measured IQ from years ago, but I don’t recommend taking tests like this.
There are many facets to intelligence, and these tests rely mostly on math and logic puzzles, along with pattern recognition.
Tests like this can cause a man to lose confidence if his areas of intelligence are not within this narrow spectrum.

Serenity

Reaction score
There are many facets to intelligence, and these tests rely mostly on math and logic puzzles, along with pattern recognition.
These tests aim to measure raw problem solving ability. There's a lot more to success in life than being good at solving problems, but it sure helps to be able to do it quickly.

IQ doesn't help someone to being liked or even useful. I've seen people I recognize to be roughly on my level of intelligence, they have the ability, they just can't use it constructively and thus they appear like idiots. These tests are good for measuring that ability, but absolutely useless as a measure of someone's worth. I used to be one of those idiots, sure had the ability and a lot of people disliked me for being the arrogant prick that I was. Didn't matter whether I was right or wrong, that was never the issue, it was the condescension. I wasn't aware of it at the time.

When I came to this forum and finally got at least a bit more humble, I at one point wished I was dumber because these less intellectually refined dudes seemed to get the chicks and be generally liked. Later figured out that it wasn't about intelligence at all really, it was about how I interacted with others. Some guys were obviously intelligent and still suave, others couldn't solve the simplest of sudokus and still be suave. Don't need the intellect to play the game of emotions, in fact mixing the two is a bad idea.

All this to say, you're right. Intelligence is a nice to have for certain types of problems, but overall it's just a small fraction of what makes someone a good person and it can get relatively low before it gives a disability.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to this test, mine is 130. Most online IQ tests have always had me between 120-130. This test was mentally taxing. It was heavily geared toward pattern recognition and math sequences

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mensa once sent me an offer to join, based upon a standardized test I took. You pay them money every year forever in exchange for a little card and admission to an annual nerds-only party. That sounds dumb to me. I guess I'm just not mensa material.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I scored high but I always think these tests are too math-heavy. There are many extremely intelligent people who are poor at math and even at pattern recognition.
Totally agree, those pattern recognitions are over played in those tests.

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Online IQ tests are essentially useless. I don't care to know what my IQ is, but I'd estimate 100-110 range.

The average claimed IQ on internet forums seems to be 125+
I doubt most "averages" that aren't verified with quantified studies. The "average" college graduate's IQ is supposed to be 115. I would bet my life it's not that high.

Edit: To elaborate, the IQ of the internet forum average (I'd appreciate it if you could send me a link that says what you just said, I'm curious what source would say that) probably USED to be maybe that, although I doubt it was that high, but it was definitely higher than it is now.

Computers were fairly rare a decade ago and internet forums attract a specific type of individual, it's not an enjoyable thing to do for probably most of the population, if somebody watched this forum or any forum it'd look boring as hell. Especially one geared towards self-actualization and improving yourself or seducing women better like this forum, I imagine most people on forums debate politics and what's wrong with the president and racial or gender or sexuality issues, which lowers the IQ a bit, but then most people just do "forum-like activitiees" on social media platforms liek facebook and such, which I believe now have similar features so you participate in chats like a forum would work but not quite like one. But that maybe increases the IQ of the average forum poster since ... Idk whatever, I just don't believe the average internet forum can be 125+, yes my ego definitely is involved in that belief but also observations. I've been on countless forums since I was 12ish and personally met many people plus became "IRL friends" (got real life contact info and kept in tocuh with people).

But, owning a computer and having internet access and the expendable income to "waste" on the computer plus not do it for something leisurely like a compuiter game but choosing to spend it on a forum definitely puts the average poster above 110-115 IQ imo. Just as if you're on this forum, you're in the top 0.001% wealthiest of human beings in all of history in terms of actual wealth and what you can enjoy, medical care, access to air conditioning, etc.

Off topic: Computer games have no correlation with IQ, although I originally thought they would contain a higher than average IQ than the normal population, but computers are too common now, and many people on games are welfare dependent or homebound or living off their parents, I quit computer games but used to be addicted. It's scary how stupid some people are. One girl I met had a tattoo of the words "Jeffrey Dahmer" on her arm and she lived off welfare, that's the scum of society that you'd never meet in real life, I recall her not understanding incredibly basic concepts.

Last edited:

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
My tested IQ is 125, officially.

I've always wanted to get into MENSA. The test can be beaten without a genius IQ, the questions are predictable and categorical, people do train themselves to pass MENSA. I'm sure there's some benefit to being a member just none I can think of. 132 is the IQ for "genius" and 120 is the IQ that you're theoretically capable of doing "any" career. I've done over 100 independent hours of research into IQ and its interpretations and meanings and limits and w/e. Although that was years ago so I don't recall a lot of what I learned, but a good amount I can recall from memory. For those with an IQ of 120(ish) or higher, check out the book "The Curse of The High IQ" I think that's the title, good book by a genius about why some of us struggle to relate to others or fi tin or have social issues. Like some hobbies or pastimes are geared towards "low IQs" (no offense to those who enjoy some of these things, it doesn't necessarily mean your IQ is low, just that MOST people who enjoy these have one), like watching sports teams play, which I could never get into. But then I love watching UFC, which I believe falls into the same category as people with low IQ mostly enjoy, and I forget the other pastimes, there was a list in the book I think.

Or why some of us enjoy things like reading books, learning certain subjects or crafts, or posting on an internet forum like this rather than playing a video game (which I also enjoy).

I say "any" because the research I did did not specify that point in much detail. i assume it meant the surface level of any ordinary field. As in any normal career, but probably not an astrophysicist or a PhD in a subject that is cognition heavy (I sound like I'm trying to sound smart lol), and there's skills and mental aptitudes that are not related to IQ such as the ability to rote memorize, which is ideal for fields like medicine (I've met people with INSANE rote memorization skills, like photographic memory level, it was unbelievable, they're in a medical field at the moment, easy 4.0 GPA if you're pursuing biological sciences or medicine), but not too useful for mathematics. IQ is meant to gauge your "G-score" (maybe that's the wrong phrase but it is the letter G), but you can't actually directly gauge that, so IQ is the closest thing available. "G-score" is your actual intellect and ability to reason and critical thinking, etc.

But it doesn't indicate the level of difficulty you'd encounter. 150 IQ versus 120 IQ both could be lawyers, 150 IQ would do it with ease, 120 would potentially struggle. I struggled a lot in my hard science classes like Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry and Calculus I was 1 question away from an A (got a 96% on my Calculus final, missed 1 question, still remember that somehow). But I did slack off a LOT and even crammed for exams one night prior for a class as difficult as Biochemistry. I technically failed that class but the teacher curved me to a passing C. I skipped over half the lectures though and many students who attended every lecture and studied regularly failed or did worse. However, that isn't to say I could've done better if I tried much harder, since I don't know if I would've. It was a class hard enough I literally remember questions and answers from the class. That was years ago.

Do the elite online dating apps that require a level of looks (and intelligence?) require some sort of proof of this? I can't imagine any dating app that requires a genius IQ, that would negate SO MANY physically attractive people. I would imagine a requirement like a college degree, just as there's dating apps I think that require guys to be rich and it's designed for rich old guys aiming for gold diggers.

Don't have to be old though, and you can fake wealth. Might test those apps out. I'm not rich but have enough expendable money to fake being rich (fancy dinner, nice clothes, maybe rent an expensive car, even very impressive things are relatively cheap like a private plane is only $3,000ish if I remember correctly). A nice hotel room thats around $200-800 a night, if the girl's hot enough, though that's no basis for a solid healthy relationship.

I don't know why I ranted so much, this is a seriously interesting topic for me. My IQ theoretically said I was capable of doing "any" career or field but I struggled a hella ton, so it doesn't put into account life circumstances or other factors like family's level of income/wealth or your upbringing, mental illness, parent's level of intellect or education, resources, luck, work ethic, and probably motivation and desire.

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mensa once sent me an offer to join, based upon a standardized test I took. You pay them money every year forever in exchange for a little card and admission to an annual nerds-only party. That sounds dumb to me. I guess I'm just not mensa material.
Did you submit your info or how did they find out? I feel like there is a hidden benefit to MENSA but I don't recall a specific one off the top of my head. I'd certainly pay for that dumb card and to be part of it lol. But maybe because I don't technically qualify.

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally agree, those pattern recognitions are over played in those tests.
The math part is probably the most biased, not sure about pattern recognition. My math skills are sub-par, I wasn't sure why some of the math questions were on there. They didn't necessarily indicate inherent intellect, you'd have to have learned how to solve the problem in the first place, or know enough about math to manipulate numbers or variables to be able to solve it in a unique way. I happened to take my IQ test after recently finishing the final math courses required for my college degree, there's no way I could do those same problems today. My IQ test also included weird historical questions, I believe it was to test long-term memory by asking about a fact that you'd most likely have heard at least once in your life or so if you're a middle class caucasian (I'm not that, but most things are geared towards that).

Like the formula for the surface area of a cylinder or the volume of a sphere, etc., that's just recalling a formula, but that's memory, I've used those before but I don't have those memorized.

"Who was Catherine the Great?"
"How long does it take for light to reach the earth from the sun?"
I think it even asked what the diameter or circumference of the earth was.

I knew the answers but not due to insane intellect / memory. I read autobiographies of people from the past so I read one of someone (Casanova, he's a real person) who met Catherine the Great so I could answer that, although I might've answered wrong (queen of Prussia in the mid-to-late 1700s), my major requires you to know the light question, I do not recall anything about earth circumference.

I guess if you're aware of how to solve such math problems (or even learned how to solve it in the first place) your IQ should be high since you selected a field that taught it (engineering or mathematics degrees, not many other places you could learn how to solve some of the more difficult math problems).

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe online IQ tests are accurate.

I also don't want to know my IQ, if it's low I'll feel self-limited, if it's high I'll feel like I don't need to try.
Last reply on this thread, I'm sort of spamming. My cousin has the same mindset as you. His IQ is without a doubt above genius level but he won't take a test. I'd say avoid taking an official one. I became overly obsessed with mine and spent countless hours delving into its implications. I wish mine were higher, life would be easy if I had a genius IQ, but mines not low enough to be limiting, however, it is low enough that I would have to work my ass off for harder fields.

IQ does not correlate with real world success. My parents and uncles and family members and such, some are incredibly successful millionaires with very low IQs and barely speak English. I am curious how much IQ can fluctuate though, I believe mine is lower now than when I took the test, anybody reading my posts may be able to tell. Any typos or grammatical errors I've made or punctuation errors I've made are not intentional. At the time of my IQ test I scored in like the 95th percentile on an essay for the GRE, right now I could not do that. I also currently have memory problems recalling some basic words or names, not sure why. Like I forgot the author of the original "Dracula" book and some other random things I used to know without hesitation.

Last note: I'd much prefer physical talent rather than intellectual talent. I'm gifted genetically towards athletics, which I believe is much more rare than a high IQ, but wouldn't trade that for a higher IQ. Although would probably trade IQ points for more ease with athletics (lol). Have friends who are both physically and intellectually gifted, that seems like cheating. One comes in mind who looks like a male model and is a fitness model / 4.0 GPA in electrical engineering degree with ease plus got into Harvard/Yale/Princeton. Another scored #1 out of 400+ students in his masters program and barely tried.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a knock on the OP whatsoever.

I'm just not sure what the value in knowing your IQ would be.

What could you do with this information? I just cannot imagine a scenario where knowing your IQ would help you.

Bringing up your IQ score in conversation would seem socially inept.

From what I have read and experienced, high IQ's don't always translate in to anything of substance. It does not necessarily help you earn more money and does not help you relate better with people.