Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you have to be Top 10% to do well in OLD

Skagzoola

Reaction score
I consider myself a 7 to 7.5. Above average height, full head of hair, fit but closer to average facial aesthetics.

I get matches here and there, but not alot at all.

My main theory is, women know they are the gatekeepers to sex and a "7" woman has alot more dating leverage than a 7 man? A HB 7 to 7.5 on Bumble , etc is probably only swiping right on Tyler Kinney or Matthew Mcconnaugey look alikes?
I used 3 of those sites for years and never had any luck until I employed methods I learned in The Rational Male and from a few PUA youtube channels on my profiles: specific types of photos, profile desriptions, etc. I finally met 2 chicks from tinder and managed to fool around with one for a while (the other was a drunken turnoff). Online ODA are trash, but it's still a viable option, just not the first. They truly are a buffer.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m 5’7, bald, and black. I cleaned up on the apps. Tinder, bumble, hinge, OkCupid, coffee meets bagel, didn’t matter. Was super easy to get matches
Being bald is cancelled out by being black. It's not a net negative for black dudes. I never heard "you look like a cancer patient" said about/to a black dude.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being bald is cancelled out by being black. It's not a net negative for black dudes. I never heard "you look like a cancer patient" said about/to a black dude.
Im still short. Granted, I lie and say 5’9 on my profile. Women assume you are shorter than you write, so it’s a disservice not to lie. (They think men lie as much as they do)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about OLD. But I think it's interesting that they used to say that you had to be top 10-20% to succeed at dating, period. Of course PUA gurus used to tell you that all you had to be top 20% was to know their secret knowledge and *poof* you were top 20%. Coach Corey Wayne says it is 3%, learn his teaching and you're a top 3% guy. Funny how that works.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im still short. Granted, I lie and say 5’9 on my profile. Women assume you are shorter than you write, so it’s a disservice not to lie. (They think men lie as much as they do)
I'm 5'11.5" barefoot. I say 6'0" in my profile. Wondering if i should claim 6'1"

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'11.5" barefoot. I say 6'0" in my profile. Wondering if i should claim 6'1"
Why not? If you charm the girl, she won't mind. I lied and said I was 5'8". My fwb wouldn't have considered me, if I put my actual height 5'6. Since I charmed her first, then told her, she was open to it.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would. They assume guys that wrote 6’0 are all lying and in the 5’9-5’10 range

I think all guys should add 2-3 inches up until the target height says 6’3. For guys taller than 6’3 they should keep it at 6’3 or start downplaying it.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Short answer: No. But if you're a 7 or below, you are fighting an uphill battle with OLD. Looks is the first and only thing women have to go off with OLD. If it's not an instant "yes, I would fvck him" then you're getting swiped left. You won't even get a chance to "spit your game".

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I’m 5’7, bald, and black. I cleaned up on the apps. Tinder, bumble, hinge, OkCupid, coffee meets bagel, didn’t matter. Was super easy to get matches
But you're also in big metro area in the northeast right? If you went to Tulsa ok, or Topeka Kansas the results probably wouldnt be the same.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, we know. Single dudes should never live in those places. Did you move yet?
Tulsa is a large metro area. How is that bad? I keep seeing post in here saying being single you gotta live in a top 20 metro area.

I have a relative who moved to the Bull Shoals area of southern Missouri on the border of Arkansas. Whats dating like in a rural area by arkansas lol? You wanna live there?

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In fairness though, black guys can generally rock the bald look and look badass doing it. A FEW white guys I know look good bald. Most just just look older than their age with it though.

But overall I agree people get way too swept up in that sh1t.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tulsa is a large metro area. How is that bad? I keep seeing post in here saying being single you gotta live in a top 20 metro area.
Tulsa is barely a city. Single guys need to be in metro areas with at least 5 million people. Here’s the list for US & Canada:

NYC
LA / Southern Cal
Chicago
SF Bay Area / Northern Cal
Dallas-FW
Houston
Washington DC
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Miami / South Florida
Phoenix
Boston
Toronto

Take your pick.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Tulsa is barely a city. Single guys need to be in metro areas with at least 5 million people. Here’s the list for US & Canada:

NYC
LA / Southern Cal
Chicago
SF Bay Area / Northern Cal
Dallas-FW
Houston
Washington DC
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Miami / South Florida
Phoenix
Boston
Toronto

Take your pick.
PHX, Dallas, Houston are not bad. Miami is very congested and expensive and you basically gotta know Spanish in SEFL and unless you work remote or have a financial sector job then most jobs are service based and crap pay. The other cities are mostly located in liberal hell holes. San Fran wouldn't be bad if California wasn't a liberal state and it wasn't so expensive. Lots of attractive Asian women there and in general are in better shape. Seeing a good looking Asian woman on OLD down here is harder than finding a golden Unicorn.

Houston has a lot of industry too which is a plus.

I'm from St. Louis and the women up there are much better. In better shape, more educated and less trashy single moms. I know OLD is sh*tty but if I put my old zipcode in I'm blown away by the normal looking women, unlike down here. Stl metro was a top 25 metro area but much younger demographics as well.

Up there women play sports a lot. Especially soccer. Most girls play youth soccer. I gotta wonder if that's a factor they end up leading a more healthy lifestyle as they get older.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PHX, Dallas, Houston are not bad. Miami is very congested and expensive and you basically gotta know Spanish in SEFL and unless you work remote or have a financial sector job then most jobs are service based and crap pay. The other cities are mostly located in liberal hell holes. San Fran wouldn't be bad if California wasn't a liberal state and it wasn't so expensive. Lots of attractive Asian women there and in general are in better shape. Seeing a good looking Asian woman on OLD down here is harder than finding a golden Unicorn.

Houston has a lot of industry too which is a plus.
I’m trying to help you out man. If you want a good selection of single, age-appropriate girls, pick from one of those cities.

You can find babes in places like Tulsa, but there are only 10 of them.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grannyfattyville, FL where @biggoal is.
Dude has to be trolling... He never mentions if leaving is a possibility or not, and just repeats the same questions and observations over and over.