Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to Handle Objections in Sales?

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
I have a final interview today, and it's going to include a mock sales call to a prospect.

How do you handle the immediate 'I'm not interested' objection you get from a prospect?

How about, 'I don't have time now. Maybe we'll take a look next quarter'?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s a little late to be asking this.
Ever hear of YouTube?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a quick brush-up I’d go to YouTube and look up “handling objections sales”. You’ll get a lot more usable material quickly.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
For a quick brush-up I’d go to YouTube and look up “handling objections sales”. You’ll get a lot more usable material quickly.
Thanks for that. I follow one guy on YT, and he's got some great advice. If you or any sales guys here have something they personally use, I'd love to hear it.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a final interview today, and it's going to include a mock sales call to a prospect.

How do you handle the immediate 'I'm not interested' objection you get from a prospect?

“I can appreciate what you’re saying. I probably wouldn’t be interested at this point either. Here’s where you’ll benefit greatly sooner than next quarter _______” (proceed with pitch),

Here’s a tip on getting past the gate keeper. When she identifies her self, let’s say her name is Carol.

Let’s say the CEO’s name is James Davis. You Google information about him prior. Let’s say that you discover that his close friends call him Jimmy.

“Hey Carol, it’s Chuck. Is Jimmy available.”

If you speak to Carol and use “Mr. “ or “James” , her resistance is definitely going to go up (part of her job is to screen out sales callls). However if you refer to him by the name his friends called him and address her as if you already know her, she will usually feel too intimidated to ask who you are and the nature of your call.

Getting past the gate keeper is the toughest part of the call.

Last edited:

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Depends on how cold/warm the prospect is. Any background on how you got the mock prospect?

You: Mr Prospect, I understand that you put in an enquiry with us on this product. What motivated you to look at this?

Prospect: X reason

You: I suppose X reason isn't that important for you to solve it now, is it?

Last edited:

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I been in sales since 2015. The way to deal with objections is to have them never come up in the first place. If you are getting objections, they simply don’t trust you, your product, or your company.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
I been in sales since 2015. The way to deal with objections is to have them never come up in the first place. If you are getting objections, they simply don’t trust you, your product, or your company.
@Konada @SargeMaximus My company has done some good work with the mock prospect in the past. I'm calling him with the goal of setting a demo to further explain how our platform can help him.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been in sales for 10 years now.

You don't ask for the sale unless the prospect is primed.

What are their goals and their company's goals.

what does your service offer as a whole and how can it specifically help them reach their goals?

lastly, what is the no deal cost for them that you can't surpass/charge?

After you have all the above information, you have everything you need to present them a case with confidence. If you understand what they want, can provide them what they want, and stay within their budget, it's almost a no brainer. Typically that is how i go about sales. Sometimes it takes a while to get all the questions answered or people won't answer your questions. When they don't answer questions, you need to get better at rephrasing the question to get the answer you need. Sometimes asking if this range is a deal breaker helps (Range instead of hard numbers).

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I started my career in sales over a decade ago. Similar to pickup, I take the dtf girl or #nextset vs trying to convince ago fence setter. Perfect your craft. Instead of trying to flip a maybe work more volume.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
@AAAgent @DEEZEDBRAH @SargeMaximus @Black Widow Void and anyone else who has any thoughts...

The mock call went well. It took about 3 minutes...overcame objections, got the demo scheduled. Here's a question -

I started the call with 2 senior sales directors. Right after the mock call, they asked me what I thought I did well, and some areas where I feel I could've been sharper. Then they gave me the positives of the call, and some areas for improvement. One of the directors then told the other director he could go ahead and get off the call. He asked me one question, then that's when he was told he could get off the call. (is that a good or bad sign?)

Me and the senior guy stayed on and talked for another 30-35 minutes. Very relaxed conversation. Good rapport. At the end, he thanked me for my service to our country, and told me to expect to hear from them no later than COB next Monday.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@AAAgent @DEEZEDBRAH @SargeMaximus @Black Widow Void and anyone else who has any thoughts...

The mock call went well. It took about 3 minutes...overcame objections, got the demo scheduled. Here's a question -

I started the call with 2 senior sales directors. Right after the mock call, they asked me what I thought I did well, and some areas where I feel I could've been sharper. Then they gave me the positives of the call, and some areas for improvement. One of the directors then told the other director he could go ahead and get off the call. He asked me one question, then that's when he was told he could get off the call. (is that a good or bad sign?)

Me and the senior guy stayed on and talked for another 30-35 minutes. Very relaxed conversation. Good rapport. At the end, he thanked me for my service to our country, and told me to expect to hear from them no later than COB next Monday.
I think sales you either got it or you don't. Similar to game. There's a 'it' factor. Execute if you got it. I think anything can be cultivated. Not everyone is a Messi or a Jordan. If you got it, stack. Build it. Alternatively, pivot elsewhere that your talents lie. Similar to pickup, you take lots of Ls. The skill sets transferable. You develop people skills.

I have no idea. I'd need to hear it. trust your instincts. If you got the skill run with it. Alternative would be to move on. Lots of money in tech and pharmaceutical sales.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Rapport doesn’t matter in sales. That’s the biggest misconception out there.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rapport doesn’t matter in sales. That’s the biggest misconception out there.
This is not true. As someone that's been in sales for 10+ years, ive won business based off relationships alone. Also, as one of the decision makers in a business, if i don't like someone, i have chosen not to even take meetings from certain companies.

Rapport and relationships are one of the biggest reasons of working with someone. The other being competency.

@Chuck Taylor congrats on the job. I used sales as a way to propel my career.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's some overlap between both sales and marketing and the seduction of women. Sales is about the final part of the overall process while marketing is more comprehensive.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is not true. As someone that's been in sales for 10+ years, ive won business based off relationships alone. Also, as one of the decision makers in a business, if i don't like someone, i have chosen not to even take meetings from certain companies.

Rapport and relationships are one of the biggest reasons of working with someone. The other being competency.

@Chuck Taylor congrats on the job. I used sales as a way to propel my career.
I’ve been in sales since 2015. Different perhaps doing door to door