Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

article: The Best Thing Most of Us Miss About a Low Cost of Living

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s easier to consistently feel some level of cash security because you’re committing less of your money to your big fixed expenses (housing, transportation) than you otherwise would.
A low cost of living ends up being the best money decision you can make because it lets you be lazy.
my opinion: This is so true. And the best way to lower rental cost is to live in a lower-cost city - or even better, have a cheap permanent place out in the sticks, and consider any job as being a temporary one in which a short-term apartment is rented; I had been rolling this way since my early 30s. Similarly, retiring early can be more easily attained with that cheap place and a beater car that can be temporarily inoperable (i.e., since one does not need a reliable car if he doesn't have a job he needs to drive to).

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lower cost cities are disappearing. Phoenix, AZ is a good example of this. Phoenix was a great lower cost alternative to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. Now, Phoenix's prices are higher. The quality of jobs in Phoenix has never been all that impressive for a metro area of its size. Even when Phoenix was inexpensive, that was a common complaint. Now, it makes living there so much worse.

Areas with under 100-150k population are very difficult for dating after age 25. It has been possible to find a less expensive, smaller area but it is not worth it if you have to sacrifice your dating life and turn into some incel/MGTOW monk.

Some cars can help a man get laid. A 15 year old Honda Accord in good working order is not going to help a man get laid. It might get him around reliably but that's as much as it will achieve. If you have a 15 year old Honda Accord or Toyota Camry, you're probably going to need to be 6'4" and muscular like @sangheilios to compensate for that. Or have absolutely amazing charisma.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

my opinion: This is so true. And the best way to lower rental cost is to live in a lower-cost city - or even better, have a cheap permanent place out in the sticks, and consider any job as being a temporary one in which a short-term apartment is rented; I had been rolling this way since my early 30s. Similarly, retiring early can be more easily attained with that cheap place and a beater car that can be temporarily inoperable (i.e., since one does not need a reliable car if he doesn't have a job he needs to drive to).
and this worked out for you ?

where the ladies are , is where the good jobs are , and this jobs are in the expensive cities

this is why they are expensive , because there are a lot of money around

sure , you can commute , but this gives you little to no flexibility social life wise

Read for FREE!

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a 15 year old Honda Accord or Toyota Camry, you're probably going to need to be 6'4" and muscular like @sangheilios to compensate for that. Or have absolutely amazing charisma.
What if one had that beater and a crotch rocket?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with article. My monthly expenses all in all (all bills, food, etc) are only about $1000, which is mostly because I don't own a car or commit to anything besides rent (and I'll start an argument as to why renting can be better than owning a home for this too). It has done wonders for my lifestyle and stress levels.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

where the ladies are , is where the good jobs are , and this jobs are in the expensive cities

sure , you can commute , but this gives you little to no flexibility social life wise
Living beyond your means, or even at your means, just to get more women is retarded. And so is taking a higher paying job in a more expensive city. Long commutes are also retarded - these days you should only accept jobs that are fully remote anyway. There are plenty of big cities with reasonable cost of living and vibrant social scenes.

Besides...this kind of lifestyle will not only let your develop and focus on other areas of your life, but in the long run you'll build more wealth which will make you more attractive to women in your later years (assuming you take care of yourself).

Last edited:

Read for FREE!

Read for FREE!

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score

I can attest to the last point, Sydney is a perfect example of this. Our metropolitan area is huge and very few people can afford to live in the downtown area where costs are over a million for a studio apartment.

Most people have to commute (some for 2-3hours) since all the jobs are still in the downtown area. This is the reason why Sydneysiders are so insular with no social life at all. On the sydney subreddit there is a thread everyday about making friends that should tell you eveything.

The only time people go outside in my suburb, is to get in their cars and drive to work.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can attest to the last point, Sydney is a perfect example of this. Our metropolitan area is huge and very few people can afford to live in the downtown area where costs are over a million for a studio apartment.

Most people have to commute (some for 2-3hours) since all the jobs are still in the downtown area. This is the reason why Sydneysiders are so insular with no social life at all. On the sydney subreddit there is a thread everyday about making friends that should tell you eveything.

The only time people go outside in my suburb, is to get in their cars and drive to work.
the first thing that you have to do is to be social and be in places where people are social .

there is not anything social about being in a car or in the office . Just bad logistics .

Even if you would be a chad , you would still have problems in actual sleeping with the girl .

There are not that many women who are into being f8ckEd I am a gas station next to the highway

Read for FREE!

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is backwards. You are better off in higher cost-of living areas. The pay rates are significantly higher and the assets are more valuable. People from west bumble**** don’t retire wealthy; it’s the opposite.

Yeah, my house may cost a million but I sell that **** and move somewhere cheaper. Folks in low-cost areas typically do not have that option.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Small country towns are where it's at. Fvck all the big city noise, pollution, traffic, and constant construction.

Give me a back porch, a sunset, my dog, and a glass of sweet tea. I'm good.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Small country towns are where it's at. Fvck all the big city noise, pollution, traffic, and constant construction.

Give me a back porch, a sunset, my dog, and a glass of sweet tea. I'm good.
country girls often want to move to the city if they are attractive. they want to feel going up, not being at peace.

Read for FREE!

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blonde country girls is my kryptonite.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lower cost cities are disappearing. Phoenix, AZ is a good example of this. Phoenix was a great lower cost alternative to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. Now, Phoenix's prices are higher. The quality of jobs in Phoenix has never been all that impressive for a metro area of its size. Even when Phoenix was inexpensive, that was a common complaint. Now, it makes living there so much worse.
My last good gig was in Phoenix in 2002; the rent (month-to-month lease) was like $520/mo (seemed to be a decent neighborhood :rolleyes: ). I kept on getting junk mail about how I should buy a house on the north side of the city.

Areas with under 100-150k population are very difficult for dating after age 25. It has been possible to find a less expensive, smaller area but it is not worth it if you have to sacrifice your dating life and turn into some incel/MGTOW monk.
There are cities outside the USA with populations that size that are not difficult. :cool:

Read for FREE!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My last good gig was in Phoenix in 2002; the rent (month-to-month lease) was like $520/mo (seemed to be a decent neighborhood :rolleyes: ). I kept on getting junk mail about how I should buy a house on the north side of the city.
In 2002, Phoenix had already been ruined by growth. Phoenix grew too big by 1990. However, it wasn't as bad in 2002 as today.

In 2002, there would have been a lot of building on the northern fringes of the metro area, as well as the eastern and western fringes. The southeastern fringes are growing right now.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I assume crotch rockets help guys get laid while harleys don't...
Crotch rockets might attract VERY young women, but Harleys pull big-time if you’re dealing with 30s on up. Direct experience. One of the main reasons women love Harleys is because they’re comfortable. I also believe they prefer the deep chug and clatter of a Harley over the whine of a rice rocket.